Author Topic: The dip can is no longer my ball and chain...  (Read 13844 times)

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The dip can is no longer my ball and chain...
« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »
HOF second time around. Nice job bro - coming back from adversity is a good quality. Keep stomping that bitch every day.
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #206 on: March 19, 2013, 10:52:00 AM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: wastepanel
Hall of Fame tomorrow.

So proud of you, and I expect you to keep this up.
x2 glad you are getting back up here
Tomorrow is tomorrow, take care of today first
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2013, 12:02:00 AM »
Well done!
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #204 on: March 18, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »
Hall of Fame tomorrow.

x2 glad you are getting back up here

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »
Hall of Fame tomorrow.

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2013, 02:28:00 PM »
Quote from: kstampfly
58 days into my quit and starting to feel normal again. I was down this road once before but that is an old story. This is a new chapter and an opportunity to correct the mistakes I made. I made peace with my cave and took a lot of shit from people, but it was to be expected. At least I didn't run away, I got back on the fucking horse and continued to ride that sonufabitch. The importance here is being true to yourself and honoring your commitment. I admit I have missed roll a few times this go around but I am quit and will stay quit. There will be someone on here who will pick apart every word I say to try and prove some point.Forewarning I have probably heard it before and it really is not going to fuel my quit any more than what it already is. I know who my supporters are and to them I give thanks for giving me another chance. For those that didn't well I will continue to prove you wrong. Last time I spent too much time focusing on everyone else's quit that I let my own go to hell. This time around I haven't said a whole lot but I am still in the game. Here's to another day of quit and one more day of freedom.
well done gent.

keep racking those +1, one after another and will be there with you.
kstamp,
I find that I have to be very selfish with my quit, just like I was selfish putting the poison in my mouth day after day after day. Keep it selfish, when you're stronger and have "closed the door" to nictotine, then your helping hand will be very powerful for others.
Cheers! 'bang head'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #201 on: February 05, 2013, 02:25:00 PM »
58 days into my quit and starting to feel normal again. I was down this road once before but that is an old story. This is a new chapter and an opportunity to correct the mistakes I made. I made peace with my cave and took a lot of shit from people, but it was to be expected. At least I didn't run away, I got back on the fucking horse and continued to ride that sonufabitch. The importance here is being true to yourself and honoring your commitment. I admit I have missed roll a few times this go around but I am quit and will stay quit. There will be someone on here who will pick apart every word I say to try and prove some point.Forewarning I have probably heard it before and it really is not going to fuel my quit any more than what it already is. I know who my supporters are and to them I give thanks for giving me another chance. For those that didn't well I will continue to prove you wrong. Last time I spent too much time focusing on everyone else's quit that I let my own go to hell. This time around I haven't said a whole lot but I am still in the game. Here's to another day of quit and one more day of freedom.
well done gent.

keep racking those +1, one after another and will be there with you.

Offline kstampfly

• Quitter
    • http:
« Reply #200 on: February 05, 2013, 02:22:00 PM »
Quit Group:
June 2022 No Lip Turd Herd

Quit Date:  13 March 2022
HOF Date:  20 June 2022

Offline waketech

• Quitter
« Reply #199 on: December 31, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
Quote from: grovermuldoon
This morning at 6:05 am, my Grandfather William C. Anderson passed away. Yesterday was his 85th birthday and he was able to spend this Christmas and his Birthday surrounded by his loved ones. I am thankful for the time that he had on this earth. He was a veteran that proudly served in the U.S. Army, an accomplished carpenter and furniture builder, and a strong hardworking man. His days of suffering are over now and he is in the care of our Lord. He will be greatly missed and I ask for your prayers as he leaves behind his dear wife Donna, three daughters, and many grandchildren. Rest in Peace Papa! William C. Anderson 12/30/1927-12/31/2012. 'usflag'
My condolences to you and your family brother.
I am thankful for his and your service for my freedom. Sounds like a great man! Stay strong my friend!

Offline grovermuldoon

• Quitter
« Reply #198 on: December 31, 2012, 09:37:00 AM »
This morning at 6:05 am, my Grandfather William C. Anderson passed away. Yesterday was his 85th birthday and he was able to spend this Christmas and his Birthday surrounded by his loved ones. I am thankful for the time that he had on this earth. He was a veteran that proudly served in the U.S. Army, an accomplished carpenter and furniture builder, and a strong hardworking man. His days of suffering are over now and he is in the care of our Lord. He will be greatly missed and I ask for your prayers as he leaves behind his dear wife Donna, three daughters, and many grandchildren. Rest in Peace Papa! William C. Anderson 12/30/1927-12/31/2012. 'usflag'
My condolences to you and your family brother.

Offline kstampfly

• Quitter
    • http:
« Reply #197 on: December 31, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
Quit Group:
June 2022 No Lip Turd Herd

Quit Date:  13 March 2022
HOF Date:  20 June 2022

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #196 on: December 14, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »
Ok about a week has passed. IÂ’ve been doing more thinking and have seen a lot of stuff written that is hopefully getting you to seriously learn from what you did from all aspects all the way from Day 1 on July 22, 2012 to the current day.

Yes I stood beside you for 140 days as you had that fire and passion for the quit above and beyond within our group. But then there at the end (the last week) were a little too quiet (in my opinion). I did like what I saw that ERDVM mentioned in that with the amount of fire you have to be careful about burning out. And you know my style, get that flame to more of a steady ember that will burn a long time. If this can be learned you will do well.

I do say of the confusion in the comparison between someone who remains quit while not posting versus someone who caves. There is no comparison. Yes we want to give our word each day to our self first and then give it to our brothers and sisters to have the hold us accountable, BUT (and this will go over like a lead balloon) is there an ultimate harm for missing a day, where-as for caving it might be that magic bullet that results in cancer.

This then brings to the point of the 2 days for the posting of a name and a promise, that I know I initially missed. This will take some time to mend, but with most everything, time and what happens during that time, will have the greatest of impacts.

I do thank you as the situation that you put yourself in has made me rethink the pattern that I was following with the above normal drinking, and if you need to look my name is now present in the alcohol slow down thread and will be on a daily basis for a whileÂ….just a thought as consciously, I believe, you would not have done what you did, but you put yourself in that situation. And I hope that you realize that when you give your promise that it involves not only the deed, but the positions surrounding that could lead to the deed.

So my brother, the ball is in your court. You will have my support if you can continue to show me with actions, not words, that you (1) have learned from this incident, (2) can move ahead, day by day,(3) and follow the mantra NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON.
Good Stuff SD! 'archer'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #195 on: December 14, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »
Ok about a week has passed. IÂ’ve been doing more thinking and have seen a lot of stuff written that is hopefully getting you to seriously learn from what you did from all aspects all the way from Day 1 on July 22, 2012 to the current day.

Yes I stood beside you for 140 days as you had that fire and passion for the quit above and beyond within our group. But then there at the end (the last week) were a little too quiet (in my opinion). I did like what I saw that ERDVM mentioned in that with the amount of fire you have to be careful about burning out. And you know my style, get that flame to more of a steady ember that will burn a long time. If this can be learned you will do well.

I do say of the confusion in the comparison between someone who remains quit while not posting versus someone who caves. There is no comparison. Yes we want to give our word each day to our self first and then give it to our brothers and sisters to have the hold us accountable, BUT (and this will go over like a lead balloon) is there an ultimate harm for missing a day, where-as for caving it might be that magic bullet that results in cancer.

This then brings to the point of the 2 days for the posting of a name and a promise, that I know I initially missed. This will take some time to mend, but with most everything, time and what happens during that time, will have the greatest of impacts.

I do thank you as the situation that you put yourself in has made me rethink the pattern that I was following with the above normal drinking, and if you need to look my name is now present in the alcohol slow down thread and will be on a daily basis for a whileÂ….just a thought as consciously, I believe, you would not have done what you did, but you put yourself in that situation. And I hope that you realize that when you give your promise that it involves not only the deed, but the positions surrounding that could lead to the deed.

So my brother, the ball is in your court. You will have my support if you can continue to show me with actions, not words, that you (1) have learned from this incident, (2) can move ahead, day by day,(3) and follow the mantra NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON.

Offline Mjollnir

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Notdeadyet
I was told that maybe I should change my overall philosophy now that I caved and not talk so much shit about other people being weak in their quit.  I became that weak person a few days ago but that doesn't mean I am going to change the way I think. A lot of quitters are still here supporting me after my fuckup and a few even thanked me for keeping them quit. I let a great deal of quitters down and it will take awhile to earn their trust again, but I am ready.  I am grateful to them that they even thought to give me a second chance, and to those who want to use my cave as ammunition against me, I'm back to prove you all wrong. I will not dwell on the past because what is done is done. People will continue to call me out and that’s fine. That’s what we are here for right? Accountability is the word and without it we will fail. I can use my past experiences in my new group to help them be successful as well as keep my quit on the right track. I'm back on the saddle motherfuckers so bring it!!
Learn from your past.
Quit for today.
Fuck the future.

You be strong today. You earn that respect every day, every post, and every person that you help.

You are standing at a crossroads of your new "quit". You can be a "returning member" or you can be a "retread".

A returning member comes back and tries to avoid his past. He will abide by the rules when he wants to, but facing why he failed cannot cross his mind because it is painful. He will try to be the person he was before, and get frustrated when he is not accepted in a fashion that he had grown accustomed to.

A retread sees his past as stepping stones. His failure of the past does not effect his quit for today except that he sees it as a tool to get through today. He knows where he took the wrong step, and he makes damn sure that won't happen again. He does everything in his power to protect his quit and to earn the trust of those around him throught his words and actions.

You can do this man.
Yes.

I am bumping my own post because my other quote is what traveled forward.

I said this yesterday, And I stand by it today.

Quitting is hard but it is damn near impossible if you can't face yourself.

You can do this. I will help.
Make being quit the number one priority in your life.

Eliminate the option of dip

Burn the bridge

Burn the boats

Slam the door

Ban the shit

Never again

Not once

Ever

Understand you are an addict and what it takes to conquer your addiction. No matter what, you will not put nicotine in your body again.

Sober or drunk, you will choose to be quit. There never is an excuse or a reason to dip. Promise yourself, and keep your promise.

Now get over your failure and put yourself in a position where failure is not an option.

Freedom is a choice.
Agree with Not Dead. However, do not forget the circumstances of your cave. To go to that place again is dangerous.

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #193 on: December 13, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »
I was told that maybe I should change my overall philosophy now that I caved and not talk so much shit about other people being weak in their quit.  I became that weak person a few days ago but that doesn't mean I am going to change the way I think. A lot of quitters are still here supporting me after my fuckup and a few even thanked me for keeping them quit. I let a great deal of quitters down and it will take awhile to earn their trust again, but I am ready.  I am grateful to them that they even thought to give me a second chance, and to those who want to use my cave as ammunition against me, I'm back to prove you all wrong. I will not dwell on the past because what is done is done. People will continue to call me out and that’s fine. That’s what we are here for right? Accountability is the word and without it we will fail. I can use my past experiences in my new group to help them be successful as well as keep my quit on the right track. I'm back on the saddle motherfuckers so bring it!!
Learn from your past.
Quit for today.
Fuck the future.

You be strong today. You earn that respect every day, every post, and every person that you help.

You are standing at a crossroads of your new "quit". You can be a "returning member" or you can be a "retread".

A returning member comes back and tries to avoid his past. He will abide by the rules when he wants to, but facing why he failed cannot cross his mind because it is painful. He will try to be the person he was before, and get frustrated when he is not accepted in a fashion that he had grown accustomed to.

A retread sees his past as stepping stones. His failure of the past does not effect his quit for today except that he sees it as a tool to get through today. He knows where he took the wrong step, and he makes damn sure that won't happen again. He does everything in his power to protect his quit and to earn the trust of those around him throught his words and actions.

You can do this man.
Yes.

I am bumping my own post because my other quote is what traveled forward.

I said this yesterday, And I stand by it today.

Quitting is hard but it is damn near impossible if you can't face yourself.

You can do this. I will help.
Make being quit the number one priority in your life.

Eliminate the option of dip

Burn the bridge

Burn the boats

Slam the door

Ban the shit

Never again

Not once

Ever

Understand you are an addict and what it takes to conquer your addiction. No matter what, you will not put nicotine in your body again.

Sober or drunk, you will choose to be quit. There never is an excuse or a reason to dip. Promise yourself, and keep your promise.

Now get over your failure and put yourself in a position where failure is not an option.

Freedom is a choice.
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior