Author Topic: The dip can is no longer my ball and chain...  (Read 14354 times)

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The dip can is no longer my ball and chain...
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »
Quote from: jost2brown
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Kubiak
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: Mike17
Quote from: kstampfly
I was told that maybe I should change my overall philosophy now that I caved and not talk so much shit about other people being weak in their quit.  I became that weak person a few days ago but that doesn't mean I am going to change the way I think. A lot of quitters are still here supporting me after my fuckup and a few even thanked me for keeping them quit. I let a great deal of quitters down and it will take awhile to earn their trust again, but I am ready.  I am grateful to them that they even thought to give me a second chance, and to those who want to use my cave as ammunition against me, I'm back to prove you all wrong. I will not dwell on the past because what is done is done. People will continue to call me out and that’s fine. That’s what we are here for right? Accountability is the word and without it we will fail. I can use my past experiences in my new group to help them be successful as well as keep my quit on the right track. I'm back on the saddle motherfuckers so bring it!!
1 dip in 160+ days is sure better than dipping everyday!

You're quit bro and thats all that matters as long as you stay that way.
I do not agree.

Yes. 1 dip in 160+ days is better than dipping everyday, but it means there is a giant chip in your armor.

It is an excuse to use when you just don't feel like quitting (and there are times when that happens). I've been there and I've done that. You know where I ended up? Back at the bottom of the can. It took 4 months to go from "1 once in a while won't hurt" to "chewing all the fucking time".

It's a slippery slope, and we are addicts.

We have proven we can't use "on occasion".

If we could, we wouldn't be here.
Four years ago, before I googled "HOW TO QUIT SMOKELESS TOBACCO", I quit when I got married, quit for like a year. Then one weekend I visited my friends and I had a few dips. Then I went home, and I didn't dip. I thought I was still quit. Well next weekend I found an excuse to hang out with some other friends, and had a few dips. I went back to being quit again. I think it was the third time I did that, when the can followed me home and I became a dipper instead of a quitter. Thank God I have KTC this time, for these reminders to be quit and stay quit.
hey kstampfly,
I'm an addict and you're an addict. You gotta change something, cause something wasn't working....you didn't reach out. You were not quit, you were experiencing a stoppage.
You know the rules and you know it is time to apply these rules to your other addictions. You can be that sober and nic free man! I know that YOU can!
As for talking trash about others...focus on the postitive...take what you need, give what you can and leave the drama for the queens. Postitive trumps negative in every walk of life!
You made it 160 days. that is great. But how do you know if taking one more dip (cave) is not going to give you cancer? Do you really want to be the guy wishing he had some more years instead of dying from a nic related disease?
It isn't easy...I know this for a fact. I have great daze, okay daze and shit daze at day 202. So goes my life as an addict of nicotine. But I'm really living now and not in a stupid haze of a high from nic. I can see and hear life now. I can feel it.
Do what you gotta do Mr. kstampfly to "not" put the poison in your mouth. Learn to dispise/hate nic of all forms. You can and this thought process will be powerful for you.
Accountability and Availability are important. I have Fred, MikeA and Wade available to me if I decide to dip. They are my Angels of Life! They are perfect strangers and perfect saviors to me.
I understand you have some Angels also. Don't take them for granted Mr. kstampfly and they won't take you for granted.
Be Quit every a.m. the earlier the better. keep your word to yourself, get to bed, wake and repeat. 'bang head'
Nothing long and fancy from me, just 5 words:

NEVER AGAIN. FOR ANY REASON.
I'm with J2B on this one, never again. You job is to figure out how to ensure that for yourself...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
I was told that maybe I should change my overall philosophy now that I caved and not talk so much shit about other people being weak in their quit.  I became that weak person a few days ago but that doesn't mean I am going to change the way I think. A lot of quitters are still here supporting me after my fuckup and a few even thanked me for keeping them quit. I let a great deal of quitters down and it will take awhile to earn their trust again, but I am ready.  I am grateful to them that they even thought to give me a second chance, and to those who want to use my cave as ammunition against me, I'm back to prove you all wrong. I will not dwell on the past because what is done is done. People will continue to call me out and that’s fine. That’s what we are here for right? Accountability is the word and without it we will fail. I can use my past experiences in my new group to help them be successful as well as keep my quit on the right track. I'm back on the saddle motherfuckers so bring it!!

I do not agree.

Yes. 1 dip in 160+ days is better than dipping everyday, but it means there is a giant chip in your armor.

It is an excuse to use when you just don't feel like quitting (and there are times when that happens). I've been there and I've done that. You know where I ended up? Back at the bottom of the can. It took 4 months to go from "1 once in a while won't hurt" to "chewing all the fucking time".

Four years ago, before I googled "HOW TO QUIT SMOKELESS TOBACCO", I quit when I got married, quit for like a year. Then one weekend I visited my friends and I had a few dips. Then I went home, and I didn't dip. I thought I was still quit. Well next weekend I found an excuse to hang out with some other friends, and had a few dips. I went back to being quit again. I think it was the third time I did that, when the can followed me home and I became a dipper instead of a quitter. Thank God I have KTC this time, for these reminders to be quit and stay quit.
hey kstampfly,
I'm an addict and you're an addict. You gotta change something, cause something wasn't working....you didn't reach out. You were not quit, you were experiencing a stoppage.
You know the rules and you know it is time to apply these rules to your other addictions. You can be that sober and nic free man! I know that YOU can!
As for talking trash about others...focus on the postitive...take what you need, give what you can and leave the drama for the queens. Postitive trumps negative in every walk of life!
You made it 160 days. that is great. But how do you know if taking one more dip (cave) is not going to give you cancer? Do you really want to be the guy wishing he had some more years instead of dying from a nic related disease?
It isn't easy...I know this for a fact. I have great daze, okay daze and shit daze at day 202. So goes my life as an addict of nicotine. But I'm really living now and not in a stupid haze of a high from nic. I can see and hear life now. I can feel it.
Do what you gotta do Mr. kstampfly to "not" put the poison in your mouth. Learn to dispise/hate nic of all forms. You can and this thought process will be powerful for you.
Accountability and Availability are important. I have Fred, MikeA and Wade available to me if I decide to dip. They are my Angels of Life! They are perfect strangers and perfect saviors to me.
I understand you have some Angels also. Don't take them for granted Mr. kstampfly and they won't take you for granted.
Be Quit every a.m. the earlier the better. keep your word to yourself, get to bed, wake and repeat. 'bang head'
Nothing long and fancy from me, just 5 words:

NEVER AGAIN. FOR ANY REASON.
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »

I do not agree.

hey kstampfly,
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »

I do not agree.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #173 on: December 12, 2012, 12:02:00 PM »

I do not agree.

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #172 on: December 12, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
I was told that maybe I should change my overall philosophy now that I caved and not talk so much shit about other people being weak in their quit. I became that weak person a few days ago but that doesn't mean I am going to change the way I think. A lot of quitters are still here supporting me after my fuckup and a few even thanked me for keeping them quit. I let a great deal of quitters down and it will take awhile to earn their trust again, but I am ready. I am grateful to them that they even thought to give me a second chance, and to those who want to use my cave as ammunition against me, I'm back to prove you all wrong. I will not dwell on the past because what is done is done. People will continue to call me out and thatÂ’s fine. ThatÂ’s what we are here for right? Accountability is the word and without it we will fail. I can use my past experiences in my new group to help them be successful as well as keep my quit on the right track. I'm back on the saddle motherfuckers so bring it!!
Learn from your past.
Quit for today.
Fuck the future.

You be strong today. You earn that respect every day, every post, and every person that you help.

You are standing at a crossroads of your new "quit". You can be a "returning member" or you can be a "retread".

A returning member comes back and tries to avoid his past. He will abide by the rules when he wants to, but facing why he failed cannot cross his mind because it is painful. He will try to be the person he was before, and get frustrated when he is not accepted in a fashion that he had grown accustomed to.

A retread sees his past as stepping stones. His failure of the past does not effect his quit for today except that he sees it as a tool to get through today. He knows where he took the wrong step, and he makes damn sure that won't happen again. He does everything in his power to protect his quit and to earn the trust of those around him throught his words and actions.

You can do this man.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Mike17

• Quitter
« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2012, 11:49:00 AM »
I was told that maybe I should change my overall philosophy now that I caved and not talk so much shit about other people being weak in their quit. I became that weak person a few days ago but that doesn't mean I am going to change the way I think. A lot of quitters are still here supporting me after my fuckup and a few even thanked me for keeping them quit. I let a great deal of quitters down and it will take awhile to earn their trust again, but I am ready. I am grateful to them that they even thought to give me a second chance, and to those who want to use my cave as ammunition against me, I'm back to prove you all wrong. I will not dwell on the past because what is done is done. People will continue to call me out and thatÂ’s fine. ThatÂ’s what we are here for right? Accountability is the word and without it we will fail. I can use my past experiences in my new group to help them be successful as well as keep my quit on the right track. I'm back on the saddle motherfuckers so bring it!!

"Remember that anyone can dip but only bad motherfuckers can quit." - Morgan1

"But..anyways..whatever Mike and his polar bear said, i'd do it." - P23

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A QUITTER.

Offline kstampfly

• Quitter
    • http:
« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »
Quit Group:
June 2022 No Lip Turd Herd

Quit Date:  13 March 2022
HOF Date:  20 June 2022

Offline Gordy

• Quitter
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2012, 09:10:00 AM »
For all of you that do not know, I am here to apologize for what I have done this past weekend which basically shattered everything I worked so hard for. On Saturday night I committed the greatest sin known to the KTC community and gave in to the nicotine bitch. I was drinking heavily that night and when I woke up the next morning a can of Copenhagen lay sitting on my kitchen table plain as day. I prayed to god that this was a dip dream and I was going to wake up from it, but it wasn't. I stared at the open can and sure enough it sealed my fate that I had done the deed some time on Saturday night. I called a buddy of mine afterwards and he said just before coming home late Saturday night he said I purchased the can, and like a dumbass put the shit in my mouth. He just remembers me getting out of the truck and saying “Fuck this” and going into the store. And just like that 140 days down the shitter.

Not only did I break my promise on Saturday but I also broke another cardinal rule and posted roll this morning out of fear. Driving to work I knew first and foremost that this is not the type of person I was raised to be and especially after being in the Army for ten years, I knew better. It was my duty to tell those who supported me the most of my quit that I had done wrong. I am here now to say again that I am sorry for disappointing all of you but that doesn't mean I am leaving this site. I am still here and will start over again this time with the necessary tools to stay quit, and remain quit. I am not asking for anyoneÂ’s forgiveness because it was a mistake I clearly made, however, we are all human and none of us are invincible to the can so to speak, because will always be addicts. All it would have taken was a quick call to my brothers and I wouldn't be in this situation right now. I will begin posting in the March 2013 group from here on out. If you would like to support me I definitely will not take it for granted but if not, I understand your feelings. If you feel the need to talk shit to me or call me out in any shape or form, thatÂ’s fine, I am a grown ass man and can handle it. Let this be a lesson that it can happen to anyone regardless of how many days, months or years you have. All it takes is one.
Unfortunate!!!

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Grizzly25
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: Gordy
Day 55 and still quitting like fuck. Been a few days since I wrote in here but that doesn't mean I am slowing down any. Here to gripe a little bit about a few things but my quit is still hard as a rock. The longer I am here the more I realize who the true quitters are and the ones that are not. Some people come to this site and register with names like (quit4ever) then fucking cave on day three or just never come back.  Defeats the purpose and might as well put something realistic like (Willeventuallycave).This is just an example and random name I came up with so sorry if there is one on here like that. I don't need a cute fucking name to prove that I can quit. My proof lies in myself and on Roll.

Another thing that pisses me off is random people on here that want to start shit with others over nothing. They feel the need for attention and start arguements as a way to stiffen their peckers. Give it a rest people. Your computer typed threats do nothing, so why waste the time typing them? What, are you going to get on skype with me and pretend punch me in the face because I said something wrong? No so give it a fucking rest already. We are a bunch of guys and gals here on the same mission and the last thing that newbs need to see, is us calling each other fucktards, and not in a humorous manner. There are a few on here that are notorious for that (not mentioning any names) and its childish. Silence is the best medicine, give them attention and they thrive on it, ignore them and well you know what the outcome is going to be.

Lastly I get when people come on here, post roll for awhile, cave, then come back. I get it everyone deserves a second chance. But then you have guys coming on here who have caved 3-4 times asking for help and they wonder why they don't have any support. Where do we draw the line people? I'm telling you this now, if for some goddamn reason I don't make it this time around I will not be back because I am not going to waste anyones time again. I am a do it right the first time or go home type of guy. Thats just my philosophy. No this is not a planned cave I'm just telling you how I roll. Well enough ranting for today, I have more quitting to do.....(But I do feel alot better now),lol
Nice post fucktard
I know everyone hates Gordo, but his reply is classic.

Stamp, maybe its time to change your philosophy? In your own words, "...everyone deserves a second chance." May I also suggest spending less time ranting about how much everyone else sucks at KTC this time around?
I wonder sometimes if those that cave when they drink truly even give a shit!

I did all I could to avoid booze even after I thought I had everything worked out and I found my way to work thru the booze craves, I use Smokey Mountain remember it was your commitment to quit and resolve to do so that had gotten you as far as you were!

If your gonna drink and quit you better have a plan or history of your slavery to the can WILL repeat!

Post Keep your Promise and Repeat Dumbass!

Drink the koolaid and build some resolve and dumb shit like caving after a night of boozing wont ever happen!

I have a few questions, did you cave even after you had posted that day?

Did you even think about contacting one of your quit brothers?

I want to see you quit and become the badass you were before so eat your slice of humble pie post and stay active! Dont stray away from the site the nic bitch is such a sneaky whore!
And get your ass to posting support in your ORIGINAL quit group. You can, at the very least, show us the support we are showing you as you work through your fuck up. Don't make myself, Jag, or Derek come looking for your ass on a daily basis.

If there is a craving, you damn sure better be blowing up our phones, you and everyone else know the rules, you have to request permission to cave. It won't be granted but it will save your life as well.

No sense in wallowing in this, the best way to regain your quit is to sponsor a newbie and walk the road with them. Strengthening their quit will make your own resolve that much stronger.

QLAFM

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Coach
Day 55 and still quitting like fuck. Been a few days since I wrote in here but that doesn't mean I am slowing down any. Here to gripe a little bit about a few things but my quit is still hard as a rock. The longer I am here the more I realize who the true quitters are and the ones that are not. Some people come to this site and register with names like (quit4ever) then fucking cave on day three or just never come back.  Defeats the purpose and might as well put something realistic like (Willeventuallycave).This is just an example and random name I came up with so sorry if there is one on here like that. I don't need a cute fucking name to prove that I can quit. My proof lies in myself and on Roll.

Another thing that pisses me off is random people on here that want to start shit with others over nothing. They feel the need for attention and start arguements as a way to stiffen their peckers. Give it a rest people. Your computer typed threats do nothing, so why waste the time typing them? What, are you going to get on skype with me and pretend punch me in the face because I said something wrong? No so give it a fucking rest already. We are a bunch of guys and gals here on the same mission and the last thing that newbs need to see, is us calling each other fucktards, and not in a humorous manner. There are a few on here that are notorious for that (not mentioning any names) and its childish. Silence is the best medicine, give them attention and they thrive on it, ignore them and well you know what the outcome is going to be.

Lastly I get when people come on here, post roll for awhile, cave, then come back. I get it everyone deserves a second chance. But then you have guys coming on here who have caved 3-4 times asking for help and they wonder why they don't have any support. Where do we draw the line people? I'm telling you this now, if for some goddamn reason I don't make it this time around I will not be back because I am not going to waste anyones time again. I am a do it right the first time or go home type of guy. Thats just my philosophy. No this is not a planned cave I'm just telling you how I roll. Well enough ranting for today, I have more quitting to do.....(But I do feel alot better now),lol
Nice post fucktard

Stamp, maybe its time to change your philosophy? In your own words, "...everyone deserves a second chance." May I also suggest spending less time ranting about how much everyone else sucks at KTC this time around?
I wonder sometimes if those that cave when they drink truly even give a shit!

I did all I could to avoid booze even after I thought I had everything worked out and I found my way to work thru the booze craves, I use Smokey Mountain remember it was your commitment to quit and resolve to do so that had gotten you as far as you were!

If your gonna drink and quit you better have a plan or history of your slavery to the can WILL repeat!

Post Keep your Promise and Repeat Dumbass!

Drink the koolaid and build some resolve and dumb shit like caving after a night of boozing wont ever happen!

I have a few questions, did you cave even after you had posted that day?

Did you even think about contacting one of your quit brothers?

I want to see you quit and become the badass you were before so eat your slice of humble pie post and stay active! Dont stray away from the site the nic bitch is such a sneaky whore!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »

Nice post fucktard

Make Your Decision

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2012, 01:31:00 PM »
Quote from: kdip
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: tarpon17
Quote from: Dchogs
Quote from: kana
Quote from: mich
Quote from: Mjollnir
Quote from: copingwithoutcopen
Quote from: jaginvest
Quote from: Eric71
Quote from: Diesel2112
For all of you that do not know, I am here to apologize for what I have done this past weekend which basically shattered everything I worked so hard for. On Saturday night I committed the greatest sin known to the KTC community and gave in to the nicotine bitch. I was drinking heavily that night and when I woke up the next morning a can of Copenhagen lay sitting on my kitchen table plain as day. I prayed to god that this was a dip dream and I was going to wake up from it, but it wasn't. I stared at the open can and sure enough it sealed my fate that I had done the deed some time on Saturday night. I called a buddy of mine afterwards and he said just before coming home late Saturday night he said I purchased the can, and like a dumbass put the shit in my mouth. He just remembers me getting out of the truck and saying “Fuck this” and going into the store. And just like that 140 days down the shitter.

Not only did I break my promise on Saturday but I also broke another cardinal rule and posted roll this morning out of fear. Driving to work I knew first and foremost that this is not the type of person I was raised to be and especially after being in the Army for ten years, I knew better. It was my duty to tell those who supported me the most of my quit that I had done wrong. I am here now to say again that I am sorry for disappointing all of you but that doesn't mean I am leaving this site. I am still here and will start over again this time with the necessary tools to stay quit, and remain quit. I am not asking for anyoneÂ’s forgiveness because it was a mistake I clearly made, however, we are all human and none of us are invincible to the can so to speak, because will always be addicts. All it would have taken was a quick call to my brothers and I wouldn't be in this situation right now. I will begin posting in the March 2013 group from here on out. If you would like to support me I definitely will not take it for granted but if not, I understand your feelings. If you feel the need to talk shit to me or call me out in any shape or form, thatÂ’s fine, I am a grown ass man and can handle it. Let this be a lesson that it can happen to anyone regardless of how many days, months or years you have. All it takes is one.
"Fuck this"...that cuts deep bro, I'm not gonna lie. It's almost like saying, " fuck ktc and everyone on it, I'm giving in and could give fuck about anybody else."

I'm not one to kick someone when they're down though. You wanna start back at day 1, that sucks balls for you, but I'm not gonna turn my back on you, I'll support you, assuming you're serious.

Perhaps you ought to think twice about getting totally shit faced though, or surround yourself with people who would throw your ass back in the truck and not let you buy that can.

I had a buddy who had quit smoking for 2 yrs. We got shnokered one night and stopped at 7-11 at 3AM to load up on junk food. While in line he said "fuck it" and asked for a pack of marlboro reds after I had bought a tin of kodiak. I begged the clerk not to sell them to him, but the bitch did. When we got out to the car I took the pack, crumpled it up and threw it on the roof of the 7-11...with a dip in, talk about a hypocrit. My buddy was livid and tried beating my ass in the car the entire way home. He eventually passed out when we got home and could not thank me enough in the morning.

I'm not saying I'm some kind of hero, but I knew how hard he worked to stay quit and wasn't gonna let him blow it. You may not have had that kind of support from the guys you were with that night, but Ill bet my last dollar you had that kind of support in your phone. You just chose not to use it.

This is my 2 cents on the matter, for whatever its worth...
Just damn man. I have to say I am shocked that you would be one to cave. I am disappointed that you did not reach out to any of us. That tells me you really weren't using the tools, you were getting by because you were not being tempted. You let your guard down and did not let any of your brothers in arms know you were doing it.

I am pissed as well. Dammit Kstamp, you fucking know better. You've read these over and over in here. To think they didn't resonate and leave you more accountable after reading, that just sucks.

You know the drill. Answer the trinity in detail, take your beatings, and get your ass back on the quit wagon. I will support you but I cannot say that I can trust you right away. That my friend, you are going to have to earn back.
GOD DAMN IT! I wrote about this in my thread on September 15. There is no fucking excuse. You engaged in behavior that you know is not healthy for your quit. You made a very stupid decision, and you made a choice. The consequence? Now we ALL have to live with your choice. That's pretty fucked up.

We will not abandon you, but you have a very long road to travel Brother. Now, gather your thoughts, and answer the three questions. The rest of this is horse shit. You have only given us an excuse why you caved, it's time for accountability. We do not want an apology or an excuse. We want a FUCKING PLAN....
Fuck
I hate booze... (well, actually I love it, that's why I hate it)
If you read my post in Oct or March skip this kstamp - it says the same fuckin thing here...

Fuck! kstamp - I'm with sirD on this one, I never thought the actions of someone in this group could hit so hard - fuck. I'll be posting in March, I hope you will be too. I'm going to call bullshit on not just giving an honest answer to the 3 questions here and in March, fuck your intro, that's you - the support you get has been with US and will be with March 13 now - get over it and answer up...
Yesterday brought on a whole new meaning to staying quit. If having an already awesome family didn't give me enough reason, finding out we were having another boy was the icing on the cake. I can't tell you how excited I am, to soon be the father of TWO boys! There is no reason to turn back now and go back to the way things used to be. I have started a new chapter and its already way better than the last. I look forward to hitting the hall with all you guys in October and leaving my mark on the KTC community. Quitting is what I do from now on, its not just a job its a way of life. (Kstamp)

What happened to that guy?

nicotine  alcohol = death...

very disappointing...
I don't usually bomb this place with my thoughts, but I honestly think you need to see this and want to make sure it crosses your radar somehow...
What are you doing differently this time?
My goal is to stick closer with my quit group and be better prepared for obstacles as they come. They can be anywhere but with anything there are ways around them. I will for sure take accountability more seriously as we are all in this together. One Team One Fight.
Sorry, brother, that don't fly.

A goal is a hope. A wish. A fucking prayer.

My goal isn't to not dip, to be tighter with my group, or to be a badass quitter. I am quit and I don't have to hope for it. I understand that this shook your faith in yourself, but you are either quit or not. No goals. Quit today, keep your word. It ain't a goal... It's a promise.

Be better prepared? What does that even mean? Did you not have phone numbers? Did you not read countless stories of HOF members coming back here blaming a moment's weakness? Have you seen Words of Wisdom? Pictures of Outdoortexan? The words of Jenny Kern? How could you be unprepared?

Here's a plan... If you're in a place where you could black out and dip, you don't drink. For 200 days, for a year, forever. What is important? Your buddies might bust your balls for drinking odouls, but at least you'll have a face to drink it with.

You really need to take a look in the mirror and think about what you have to do differently because the weak sauce below ain't going to do it. One team? You crapped on your team and didn't even give them a chance to talk you down. You want accountability... You didn't make the call to get it. I call bull shit.

More soul searching is needed here.

Redemption is close at hand, but you're miles away.
Damn DC, that gave me morning wood
X2
X3! Kstamp, U FUCKED UP But you can't go back and change what is now in the past! Now dig yourself out of the hole you put yourself in and learn from your mistakes!!! I challenge you to become the most dedicated and supportive quitter on this site!!!
The law of physiological addiction states that administration of a drug to an addict will cause reestablishment of the dependence on that substance.

Therefore: Do whatever it takes to "NOT" put the poison in YOUR mouth!

Kstamp, My mom died very painfully from Alcohol and nic. It is not pretty at all. She did NOT QUIT soon enuff! dead at 63.
YOU don't want to be that guy on his death bed wishing he had 10 more years, "do YOU?"
Alcohol and nicotine combined will kill you very fast, I don't care what genes you have, what your dad did, what your friends say. The alcohol kills the defenses, the nicotine causes cancers.
Balls to the wall Mr. Kstamp. You got some real makin' up to do.
re-learn the tools, use the tools.
Write 100 times on real paper..."I will call a brother when I am cravin' so I won't be cavin'!!!!"
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #164 on: December 11, 2012, 01:26:00 PM »
Another benefit for the March 2013 quit group is that they get to enjoy a kickass avatar. I think it's the reason October 2012 is so pissed off. Not really but just sayin.
No harm with the Avitar, but if it didn't work completely the first time, maybe its time for a change....

He knows what must be done, now just needs to do it.

BTW - there was another avitar, TeamKeoki, and look what happened there.. oh wait who knows as we never heard from him.

He knows what must be done, now just needs to do it.

Am quit with you today. Once a madman always a madman if you want it bad enough.

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #163 on: December 11, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »
Another benefit for the March 2013 quit group is that they get to enjoy a kickass avatar. I think it's the reason October 2012 is so pissed off. Not really but just sayin.