Author Topic: WTF?!  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: WTF?!
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 09:57:00 PM »
Hang in there boog. You're doing the right thing here everyday. Keep at it. You'll get back on top. Quitting changes a man/woman.

Offline boog1964

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 07:05:00 PM »
Day 31 of my quit and guess what? It's day 1 of my new demotion at work! Yeah, 17 years bustin my hump and some kid files a complaint and I'm about 12-15k lighter and working for a whole other division. Least my new boss is an old bud so maybe he will be nice to me. Still quit though! Thank you for carrying me to day Lord!
QD 9/9/2012

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
Quote from: boog1964
Quote from: SirDerek
Day 28 and another foggy Saturday. I will say it's better than last Saturday, but I feel like Ive been underwater since about 6AM. Gotta work again tomorrow so I hope I can sober up by then haha.
Boog -

we are addicts. for me personally I am approaching that 100 day and from time to time I still get that foggy feeling. I also hear from a few of the older veterans that they still get that feeling from time to time.

The best I can say is that we realize it, and can manage through it, and actually laugh at it.

Cause if you think of it, would you rather have the fog, or the cancer that would take half of your jaw? I will take the fog every day and twice on Sundays.

stay strong my brother.
Thanks Brother! I am sort of amused by the free high I keep getting on Saturdays, I am not bothered by it to the point of craving my old death march, just curious as I seem to get this on Saturday like clockwork and not the rest of the week. I'm learning something every day though.
boog.. I'm at 64? Mine was or is the same as yours. I would get the fog followed by rage every 10 days, but didn't think about chew at all. I was way out of wack. Like Clockwork.. 16-20, 26-30, 36-40 so on.. I felt as though it was never going to stop and I was getting frustrated. The last 2 weeks have been much better. The rage is gone, and I feel in control of the fog. It's just a mist now. It will get better, and you'll be a little stronger each day. Try not to think about (when will this go away?) that's what I did and it drove me crazy. Just remember it will get better.. quit with you brother, and SirDerek too...
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline boog1964

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Day 28 and another foggy Saturday. I will say it's better than last Saturday, but I feel like Ive been underwater since about 6AM. Gotta work again tomorrow so I hope I can sober up by then haha.
Boog -

we are addicts. for me personally I am approaching that 100 day and from time to time I still get that foggy feeling. I also hear from a few of the older veterans that they still get that feeling from time to time.

The best I can say is that we realize it, and can manage through it, and actually laugh at it.

Cause if you think of it, would you rather have the fog, or the cancer that would take half of your jaw? I will take the fog every day and twice on Sundays.

stay strong my brother.
Thanks Brother! I am sort of amused by the free high I keep getting on Saturdays, I am not bothered by it to the point of craving my old death march, just curious as I seem to get this on Saturday like clockwork and not the rest of the week. I'm learning something every day though.
QD 9/9/2012

Offline boog1964

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 09:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Gunner75
Its a roller coaster.

Hang tough, we are all going through this shit together.
Yeah, I'm not going anywhere. I was just wondering outloud why I seem to have an issue with fogginess on Saturdays. Thanks for responding to me brother. I quit with you today!
QD 9/9/2012

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »
Boog -

stay strong my brother.

Offline Gunner75

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and 4 kiddo'sTrapping CoyotesCalling CoyotesCamping, Hunting Fishing
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »
Its a roller coaster.

Hang tough, we are all going through this shit together.
Quit: 9-21-12
HOF: 12-29-12
2nd Floor 4-8-13
December Chew Wrecking Crew

"I'm dreamin bout beavers, hey give me 15 more minutes"

-Si Robertson

Offline boog1964

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 04:38:00 PM »
QD 9/9/2012

Offline boog1964

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
I was gonna go to the Doc to get some happy pills but decided to hold off. I had a little misplaced anger today and decided to think it through and it slowly got better. I heard a preacher on the radio saying no one makes you angry. No one makes you anything. You allow yourself to become angry or whatever. I'm gonna try to work it from that angle and try to stay off the happy pills if I can.
QD 9/9/2012

Offline boog1964

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »
Thanks Bro. Sometimes a little of the "You're on the right path. Keep walking" works wonders. Today at work I was "drunk" feeling from about 5:30 AM till about 2:00 PM. Some of the guys were riding me pretty hard and making fun, then poof I felt just fine. I must admit that this has been a strange trip thus far.
QD 9/9/2012

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
A question for the crazy bastard vets here. Anybody have this on again off again anxiety/fear? I spent most of Wednesday night and all day Thursday terrified of God knows what. I had no real bad craves to speak of just this fear of some unknown danger or impending doom. It's all gone today. Any of you been through this? I've been addicted to nicotine since I was 13 so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna meet some demons I didn't know existed, including some Post Traumatic Stress uglies but yesterday's fear was not expected. Any and all thoughts will be appreciated.
I'm 117 days quit and spent many of them filled with anxiety and frightfullness. Literally I would be scared to leave the house....or do anything and could not figure out why. I finally went to a shrink and a councelor as I literally thought I was going nuts.

They gave me some anti anxiety meds which was a good assist but when they really broke it down it was my brain fucking with me.

I didn't think I could be "normal me" without dip. Thought dip defined me. Thought it made me likeable. Thought it gave me courage. Thought it helped me deal with stress. Thought it helped me have fun. Though it did everything for me as much of my adult life was spent literally DEPENDANT on this shit. My body was scared shitless, didn't think it could live without dip so it started going haywire in an attempt to get me back on the can. IT WAS ALL BULLSHIT.

As time went by I started doing things I never thought I could do without dip and finally started realizing that dip DID NOT define me. My confidence began to grow tremendously and I literally went from hopeless to knowing for sure I did not need dip.

Craig was Craig...Craig was not shaped or formed by dip. All my habbits, good and bad began to return the longer I remained quit and my confidence sky rocketed. Once that happened I became very angry and developed a STRONG hate for nic which continues today. Better late then never I guess.

I guess in a nutshell, stick with it. Your brain will re wire, the body is an amazing machine capable of healing itself. I chose to seek some medical help, you may not. They didn't give me a magic quit pill just something to take the edge off, you may not need any of that.

Bottom line is time and a positive attitude will lead you to freedom. I cannot begin to tell you how great it feels to be free from being a slave to that shit. I never imagined I could feel this good, and never imagined it was gonna be so hard to get here. BUT...it is all worth it!!!. Hang in there. You need anything pm me anytime.

Stay quit,
Diesel2112, Craig
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Tanawei

• Quitter
  • Interests: Jesus, Guitars and Modelo (with salt and lime)
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
The anxiety, fear, anger cycle has always done me in in the past. I used Coepnhagen to manage my emotions since my teens. Sad that I am 47 and had not learned to do a better job.

So, my only recommendation is to pay attention. When the feelings start, address them. Go for a walk, vent on this site, call someone, read the stories posted on this site. Do not let those emotions continue to build. I believe, it is our chemical dependence trying to trick us into thinking that we are stupid, weak, or unbearable assholes, or not worth a crap so go ahead and start again. The dependence tries to back us into a corner.

Address those feelings before they grow to large to contain. On day 40 I still go for 3 or 4 short walks a day to prevent a stream of f words from coming out of my mouth. Sometime I just hit the rack early, because I realize that it will only get better with sleep.

Quitting with you!

Offline boog1964

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »
Yeah? Thanks, Part of my apprehension is that I've been an addict longer than I've had whatever is lurking inside so I've never dealt with any of these things as a clean adult and need to start developing some appropriate coping skills muy pronto. I must admit that I also subscribe to the theory that nicotine either caused or exacerbated whatever issues we have, so...
QD 9/9/2012

Offline JBTigers

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 09:22:00 AM »
I had anxiety on and off for the first 30 days, it was really tuff. I am at day 47 today and I can tell you it gets better. Hang Tuff. You can try some natural herbal stress reducers, Calm's Forte helped a little for me. Hang in there it WILL get better.
Quit Date: 8/13/12

Offline boog1964

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
A question for the crazy bastard vets here. Anybody have this on again off again anxiety/fear? I spent most of Wednesday night and all day Thursday terrified of God knows what. I had no real bad craves to speak of just this fear of some unknown danger or impending doom. It's all gone today. Any of you been through this? I've been addicted to nicotine since I was 13 so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna meet some demons I didn't know existed, including some Post Traumatic Stress uglies but yesterday's fear was not expected. Any and all thoughts will be appreciated.
QD 9/9/2012