Author Topic: xgregx.nowak intro  (Read 810 times)

Offline lighty7

• Quitter
  • Interests: UGA Football
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: xgregx.nowak intro
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 01:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Only one intro...xgregx.nowak and GregN_CanDoIt are the same dude, see his admission in Sept 15.
But this intro is so riveting

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 01:26:00 PM »
Only one intro...xgregx.nowak and GregN_CanDoIt are the same dude, see his admission in Sept 15.

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 11:06:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: xgregx.nowak
I've been on this site for only 2 days and the support has already been beyond awesome. Nobody around me even knows I dip so I'm pretty much alone against this. The posts and wise words sent my way by all of you really makes the difference so thank you for posting.

-G
Tell your family/wife/friends. Cut ties with the poison.
Ah....Ninja style.....

A lot of us are Ninjas....secret secret shhhh!!!!

Now, you are going to like how it feels to get that secret out there but I won't be tell you to do it. I didn't have to tell my spouse, but I did have to tell some coworkers and some friends. I didn't do it right away but as my quit got stronger, I WANTED to tell them and wasn't afraid of the backlash. So, the day you decide to say something, I hope you find that same fuel for your quit fire!

G
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
Quote from: xgregx.nowak
I've been on this site for only 2 days and the support has already been beyond awesome. Nobody around me even knows I dip so I'm pretty much alone against this. The posts and wise words sent my way by all of you really makes the difference so thank you for posting.

-G
Tell your family/wife/friends. Cut ties with the poison.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline xgregx.nowak

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-01
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »

-G

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 06:37:00 PM »
Hey Greg.

First, realize that you are not dealing with a habit, but rather, that you are dealing with addiction. You are an addict. This entire place is full of addicts. Having one is too many and 1000 will never be enough. You are an addict. Nicotine can do nothing to improve your life, help you study, make what life deals out to you and better in anyway. I am glad that you are making this choice at such a young age.

So fellow addict, let's get some quit on!

I'm around if you need anything. Just send me a PM (see top right corner). Until next time, I will just be here, quitting like a girl.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »
Greg,

I saw you on roll this am. Out fucking standing! You are doing it brother. Keep it up!

Offline Shockzor

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-27
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 10:52:00 AM »
Hey Greg, smart decision getting this monkey off your back early. I started dipping when I was 16 and then kept at it for another 16 years. It's a hard addiction to break when it's become such an integral part of your life. I PM'd you my digits. If you ever need anything give me a holler.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:48:00 AM »
Welcome, Greg. Keep reading all you can on this site. Nice job posting roll call.

The dip doesn't help you study. Because you're a nicotine addict, not using nicotine makes it more difficult to concentrate. Your brain has to be re-wired. You can do it. Just keep posting roll call daily and keep the nicotine out of you body and the concentration will return in time.

Great job quitting as a young man. Now you won't have to go through all the lies and BS of being a dipper with a wife, kids and professional career. Yell if you need anything.

Offline xgregx.nowak

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-01
xgregx.nowak intro
« on: September 01, 2014, 10:37:00 AM »
Hey all,

My name's Greg and I'm 21 years old. I started dipping my freshman year of college, quit my whole 2nd year after seriously committing to some positive changes in my life, but went back to dipping my whole junior year. As I'm about to start my senior year, I'm kicking this bad habit for good. I always turned to dip when I was stressed out by school, feeling upset by something-family issues, friends, etc., wanted something that's gonna give me a little feel good when I'm doing schoolwork all day 7 days a week. I want to deal with whatever's going on in my life in a positive, proactive way again. Thank you to everyone whose already reached out-really means a lot.

-Greg