Author Topic: Time to get ALL my ducks in a row  (Read 9681 times)

Offline sschumann

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-02-17
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Time to get ALL my ducks in a row
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 10:37:00 AM »
Its an awkwardly shitty feeling to have to post again, in a new HOF month because you couldn't even last one day. I don't even know you all, but I'm embarrassed to have to do that. Here's to never dipping again. April 2015.

Offline jaker

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-03
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 11:10:00 PM »
Welcome schu! A late entry to the March 2015 quit group. I'm proud to be quit with you today. Use everything on this website. There are people here that have been quit much longer than I have who paved the way and it has worked time and time again. Post roll every damn day, read everything on here, and enjoy being nicotine free.
"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is." - Bob Feller

My Intro

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 11:00:00 PM »
Quote from: sschumann
Quote from: BRO24
Quote from: Ginet
Keep quitting one day at a time. It's the only way it works. Thinking about staying quit for months or years is too overwhelming. You will get there.....by adding one day to another. Post roll and keep your word. All of us are addicts. We get it. Come here and rage. Use chat. Ask questions. Here is what helped me the most:
1- do not let anything or anyone get in the way of your quit
2-take nicotine off the table - it's not an option
3- wear great heels - life is short (haha)

Quit hard - quit like a girl
Ginet
I don't think us guys can get away with your 3rd rule... besides I'd break my ankle if i wore those.
Yeahhh I don't know about that last one either haha but to each their own!
Shoot, I wear my heels every day...

Offline sschumann

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »
Quote from: BRO24
Keep quitting one day at a time. It's the only way it works. Thinking about staying quit for months or years is too overwhelming. You will get there.....by adding one day to another. Post roll and keep your word. All of us are addicts. We get it. Come here and rage. Use chat. Ask questions. Here is what helped me the most:

Ginet
I don't think us guys can get away with your 3rd rule... besides I'd break my ankle if i wore those.
Yeahhh I don't know about that last one either haha but to each their own!

Offline BRO24

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: being with my 3 kids and fantastic girlfriend, playing hockey during the winter, watersking and softball during the summer. Also like to restore classic cars and trucks.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »

Ginet

Offline BRO24

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: being with my 3 kids and fantastic girlfriend, playing hockey during the winter, watersking and softball during the summer. Also like to restore classic cars and trucks.
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 01:25:00 PM »
Way to make roll man, I pm'd you. I'm with you today!

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »

Ginet
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline sschumann

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »
Thanks man!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 01:08:00 PM »
Way to post roll. You've made a great decision to QUIT. Welcome. I'm quitting right beside you today.

Offline sschumann

• Quitter
Time to get ALL my ducks in a row
« on: December 22, 2014, 01:02:00 PM »
Hello guys and gals. I am a 25 year old male who had his first dip on my 18th birthday (November 29th 2007.) Many of my close friends had been exposed to dip since they were baseball players, so once I turned 18 I decided to buy, and try my first dip: Skoal Vanilla. I was immediately hooked. I think I began dipping around 3 times a week. That soon turned to 5-7 times a week. The drawer in my bathroom at my parents house was filled with empty dip cans.

Since then I have dipped about once a day, sometimes two, but no more than 4. When I drink I binge on dip, basically constantly having one in. I was always the loser at the college parties or bars who had a nasty dip in. It was embarrassing, and turned some girls off, but that wasn't enough motivation to quit.

I was always self conscious about my breath, so I always brush my teeth, or atleast chew some gum, after throwing out a dip.

With all that being said, I will explain the title. I have recently landed a great job, I workout daily and my diet it on point. I brush my teeth 2-3 times a day, floss and take other measures to help with dental health. I am absolutely killing it at life right now! Everything is perfect... Except I still dip.

November marked 7 years of dipping and now it is time to stop!

I quit cold turkey about 3 years ago for 3 months before relapsing, so I will be doing this without the help of any nicotine, or fake chew.