Author Topic: July 16, 2010 last day I dipped  (Read 255 times)

Offline Read the Bible

• Interests: Serving GOD, reading the Bible daily, memorizing Bible versus and reciting them daily, letting Jesus handle each day for me, going to Church, hiking, kayaking
  • Likes Given: 0
July 16, 2010 last day I dipped
« on: September 13, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »
Hello All,
I was weak and had dipped for over 10 years. I had been trying to quit for over 2 years; going from nicotine patches, to dipping, to nicotine gum, to dipping, to doing both the gum and dipping; back and forth over and over. Getting colds and sore throats at least twice a year that would last for a week. I had one lady tell me that my throat sounded bad at a time I wasn't even sick. I new I had to quit but did not think that I was ever going to be able to. I then decided one day that I would just read the Bible and see if that would help since nothing else had. To be honest it was not long after I began to read the Bible that I have never dipped again. I imagined myself in heaven before Jesus handing him the cans of dip and asking him to help quit that I could not do it without him. I kept telling myself that dip is evil and I wrote notes to myself that stated "Quit Dipping." I have not dipped since July 16, 2010 over 3 years ago. I have not stopped reading the Bible and have now read it all the way through 4 times and I have started it again. My life is better now and my health is much better. Currently I am 46; I still have some teeth issues that I believe are a result of the dipping but by the grace of the Good Lord I am free!
You can do it to; just ask Jesus to help you; Romans 10:13

Best wishes brother, sincerely, Glenn Treadwell