Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 15459 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Introduction
« Reply #557 on: October 29, 2017, 05:37:00 AM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Need to blow the dust off this old thread. It has been too long.

1759 today. Over $11,000 saved.

Freedom feels so good.

I am so thankful for this site and the many friends made here.

Looking forward to seeing a few of them next week as we connect for a little tour of Detroit.
Looking forward to the trip and tearing up Detroit!

This is what 1,700+ days of brotherhood and accountability looks like.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #556 on: October 28, 2017, 06:16:00 PM »
Need to blow the dust off this old thread. It has been too long.

1759 today. Over $11,000 saved.

Freedom feels so good.

I am so thankful for this site and the many friends made here.

Looking forward to seeing a few of them next week as we connect for a little tour of Detroit.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
« Reply #555 on: April 14, 2016, 05:14:00 AM »
IG2H 1196

Today is the 3rd anniversary of my HOF date. It was a tough time in my life and a real personal struggle to reach that milestone. I recall the pain vividly. I post roll here today, 1196 days later, because I never wish to relive that pain again. I thank God for giving me the grace to finally ask for help. On this website I met other people who shared my desire and common goal and that made all the difference. In all my prior quit attempts I relied solely upon ME and my willpower. I never had help, I never had support, and I never had accountability. It was just me and my can. I could quit for weeks and then "sneak" one. Who would know? Who would care? We that all changed here.

If you are surfing this site and contemplating the idea of quitting, or maybe if you just quit and are in the fog of those first few weeks, listen to me now....

QUITTING IS WORTH IT, YOU ARE WORTH IT, IT IS THE BEST GIFT YOU CAN GIVE YOURSELF. DO IT NOW, DO IT TODAY. YOU ARE HERE TODAY BECAUSE YOU DESIRE TO QUIT. PLEASE KNOW THAT THE DESIRE TO QUIT CAN BE FLEETING. THIS COULD BE YOUR ONLY CHANCE. YOU MAY NEVER GET THIS MOMENTUM BACK AGAIN.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
« Reply #554 on: January 09, 2016, 08:24:00 PM »
Quote from: quittolive
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: Minny
Quote from: redtrain14
Quote from: jlud007
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: wastepanel
Another New Years Eve, QLF. I love the quit life. 3 years ago I was pounding down Grizzly wintergreen like it was going out of style. I hated it thoroughly..... BUT I thought I needed it to live.

What a fool I was. Found this place on day 4 and never looked back. Many quit attempts prior to this one but they were all lacking critical elements. Tools, support, accountability. # critical items that are found in abundance on this site.

If you are thinking about quitting, DO IT. Stop thinking about and just do it.

Happy New Year folks.

Its_Got2Happen
Proud as hell of you man.

Although I still contend that it doesn't have to happen, you make it happen.
Great post Ryan! Happy New a Year brother.
Some good quit up in here today! Happy new year brothers!
Congrats on 3 years my friend!
Congrats on 3 years, Ryan! You were instrumental in my quit and for that I thank you.
Sorry I missed this Ryan. Congrats my man!
Late congrates from me too! Bad Assed Quitter right there.
Thank you for all the congrats. And hey Redneck, thanks for reminding me what day one was like. I was just like you 3 years ago. I came here and discovered that we don't need to HOPE and we don't need to TRY. We just need to QUIT. And we do that one day at time. I am with you brother. Listen to W2W and get your ass on roll. He provided you with step by step directions and the link. Lets do this.
Your a Bad Ass Ryan,
Proud to be quit with you!! You motivate me Sir. Glad to know you through our mutual friend Stacy.
Thanks QTL. Glad you found the site. Welcome to freedom. You must be coming close to HOF now. 100 days is not the end of the road. It is the begining.

Offline Quittolive

• Quitter
« Reply #553 on: January 09, 2016, 08:19:00 PM »
Another New Years Eve, QLF. I love the quit life. 3 years ago I was pounding down Grizzly wintergreen like it was going out of style. I hated it thoroughly..... BUT I thought I needed it to live.

What a fool I was. Found this place on day 4 and never looked back. Many quit attempts prior to this one but they were all lacking critical elements. Tools, support, accountability. # critical items that are found in abundance on this site.

Happy New Year folks.

Its_Got2Happen

Congrats on 3 years, Ryan! You were instrumental in my quit and for that I thank you.
Thank you for all the congrats. And hey Redneck, thanks for reminding me what day one was like. I was just like you 3 years ago. I came here and discovered that we don't need to HOPE and we don't need to TRY. We just need to QUIT. And we do that one day at time. I am with you brother. Listen to W2W and get your ass on roll. He provided you with step by step directions and the link. Lets do this.
Your a Bad Ass Ryan,
Proud to be quit with you!! You motivate me Sir. Glad to know you through our mutual friend Stacy.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
« Reply #552 on: January 08, 2016, 04:29:00 PM »

Happy New Year folks.

Its_Got2Happen

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #551 on: January 08, 2016, 01:01:00 PM »

Happy New Year folks.

Its_Got2Happen

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #550 on: January 08, 2016, 07:19:00 AM »
Quote from: RedneckRN33
Hello all. I quit chewing on 01/01/2016, after dipping for 17 years. I have 3 small children 2 of which have special needs so I need to be around for them. I haven't really tried quitting before I would always "pretend" so my wife thought I was trying. I never expected it to be this hard. I hope with help from this group I can be one of the quitters.
Hi man. I see you posted on an intro. And that you are quitting.

It is so hard at first. I'm here to promise you that how you are feeling now is not the new normal. I'm here to promise you that... Since you are quit... You'll never have to relive this hell. And I'm here to promise you that you can do this. If thousands of guys on this site can, you can. But... There is a recipe for success.

Go to the April 2016 quit group. Go to the last page. And post your name and how many days you have been quit. You'll probably screw it up... Which is fine because someone will fix it. Just get your name on there. It is your promise to yourself and a whole team of others going through the same hell that you are that today you will stay nicotine free. And then you keep your word. Because you do not let yourself or your team down. Here is a link to the group. I know it sounds crazy to post. I thought so too... 1,111 days ago.

topic/11465559/154/

You should also start your own intro. It will be a great place to track your quit progress. In other words, your journey to winning. I'll be sending this via email, pm, and in this intro. If you need any help at all reach out. Be proud today man. It might feel bad, but you are winning.

Offline RedneckRN33

• Quit Date: 2016-01-01
« Reply #549 on: January 07, 2016, 12:59:00 AM »
Hello all. I quit chewing on 01/01/2016, after dipping for 17 years. I have 3 small children 2 of which have special needs so I need to be around for them. I haven't really tried quitting before I would always "pretend" so my wife thought I was trying. I never expected it to be this hard. I hope with help from this group I can be one of the quitters.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #548 on: January 06, 2016, 11:25:00 PM »

Happy New Year folks.

Its_Got2Happen

"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #547 on: January 06, 2016, 11:49:00 AM »

Happy New Year folks.

Its_Got2Happen

Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #546 on: January 01, 2016, 08:02:00 PM »

Happy New Year folks.

Its_Got2Happen

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #545 on: January 01, 2016, 12:18:00 PM »

Happy New Year folks.

Its_Got2Happen

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #544 on: January 01, 2016, 07:38:00 AM »

Happy New Year folks.

Its_Got2Happen

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #543 on: December 31, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »

Happy New Year folks.

Its_Got2Happen

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021