Author Topic: My good cave  (Read 19583 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: My good cave
« Reply #534 on: November 15, 2015, 10:57:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Wt57
I think it's time to blow a little dust off this intro. Making the decision to use or not isn't a daily occurrence anymore. Very seldom do I ever actually consider the possibility of a dip. The strongest driving force for me when I think about it anymore is that I think about how depressed I was when I first quit. I don't ever want to return to that awful place I was as a dipper. Quitting definitely sucks bad but being quit is a completely different thing it is glorious. The past two years I have spent a lot of my time learning to live life without my addiction. Has a 58-year-old adult it's hard to imagine that I never learned how to cope with the stresses in life. Using nicotine to mask high stress if you're hiding behind the stressful situations was always part of my prequit life. Learning coping skills at my age has been a challenge but I finally feel that I'm doing a good job.
I love this site my friends here all my quit brothers. I could never done it without you. For any new quitters that doubt their ability to quit I promise you that if you follow the plan and stick with it, stay close to your group and post roll daily you can do it.
This is a great update sir.

Today there are some new guys struggling mightily - when the quit begins it is impossible to believe that life can ever be this good.

It can.
It is.

Thanks for the update!
Thank you my good man. It's taking me a long time to figure out what a normal adult life is suppose to be like ,I started dipping at 12 quit at 50 but my friends it is awesome! I actually helped my daughter decorate her Christmas tree today! Why am I sharing that ? That's first time I've ever helped decorate a tree because I was always enjoying my time alone with my dip missing all that time with my kids because I was a selfish son of a bitch! Thanks ktc! One day at a time! Quit on my brother!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #533 on: November 15, 2015, 09:24:00 PM »
I think it's time to blow a little dust off this intro. Making the decision to use or not isn't a daily occurrence anymore. Very seldom do I ever actually consider the possibility of a dip. The strongest driving force for me when I think about it anymore is that I think about how depressed I was when I first quit. I don't ever want to return to that awful place I was as a dipper. Quitting definitely sucks bad but being quit is a completely different thing it is glorious. The past two years I have spent a lot of my time learning to live life without my addiction. Has a 58-year-old adult it's hard to imagine that I never learned how to cope with the stresses in life. Using nicotine to mask high stress if you're hiding behind the stressful situations was always part of my prequit life. Learning coping skills at my age has been a challenge but I finally feel that I'm doing a good job.
I love this site my friends here all my quit brothers. I could never done it without you. For any new quitters that doubt their ability to quit I promise you that if you follow the plan and stick with it, stay close to your group and post roll daily you can do it.
This is a great update sir.

Today there are some new guys struggling mightily - when the quit begins it is impossible to believe that life can ever be this good.

It can.
It is.

Thanks for the update!

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #532 on: November 15, 2015, 08:05:00 PM »
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline zquitter

• just another quitter
  • Epic Quitter
  • stay quit my friend
  • Interests: the most interesting quitter alive
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #531 on: July 27, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »
WT, there's wisdom in your posts that is helpful for me.

I used for 20 years. I hope I quit soon enough.
---------
'boob'

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #530 on: July 27, 2015, 02:54:00 PM »
So I got my new teeth last week and it sucks, I feel like both sides of my lower grill full of dip all the time. I'm constantly sucking on my teeth for that juice to spread across my tongue. That feel in my mouth is a bitch of a trigger for a dip.
Keep up the quit WT. Your intro and the posts you've made in others' intros remind us of the importance of enduring this battle everyday. I highly doubt that letting cancer swim around on your tongue would be worth the freedom you've ripped away from nicotine the last 3+ years.

Right there with you today, sophos.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #529 on: July 27, 2015, 02:48:00 PM »
So I got my new teeth last week and it sucks, I feel like both sides of my lower grill full of dip all the time. I'm constantly sucking on my teeth for that juice to spread across my tongue. That feel in my mouth is a bitch of a trigger for a dip.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #528 on: June 05, 2015, 12:46:00 AM »
Here I am a 3+ years quit nicotine addict and doing good. I'm still an addict and still one dip away from a full blown user. I also am still having issues related to the 4+ decades of heavy nicotine use, this week I had a crown put on a molar and had impressions taken for a partial plate to fill the other missing bottom molars. I only have 6 teeth that haven't been pulled or crowned. The cost of dipping didn't stop with quitting. I'm actually glad that I experienced this recovering process it is teaching me life strengthening skills. Looking back at the past is for the most part a waste of time since it can't be changed. Dwelling on the future is also a waste of time that even at 3 years is difficult to avoid getting caught up in. I'm proud of my quit and so greatful for this forum that was instrumental in helping me quit and stay quit. Today is nearly gone and not only did I stay quit but it was easy. I know that if I have a bad day I can call on one of my fellow quitters to talk me through what haunts me.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #527 on: April 04, 2015, 07:29:00 PM »
I wanted to bump this post forward today in recognition of my 3 years quit. I'm So glad that I found this site and new friends here. I want to encourage anyone that is new or just investigating the possibility of quitting that you can do it. Quitting is a daily decision and each one of us make it everyday. Heed the warnings in your life! Wade (Wt57)
WARNINGS THAT SHOULD HAVE LEAD EACH OF US TO QUIT DIP!!
I always tried to ignore or pretend I didn't see the warning.
WARNING: This product can cause mouth cancer.
WARNING: This product can cause gum disease and tooth loss.
WARNING: This product is not a safe alternative to cigarettes.
WARNING: Smokeless tobacco is addictive

7 WARNINGS THAT SHOULD HAVE LEAD ME TO QUIT DIP!!
1. In 1983 I watched my grandmother die a dreadful death from CANCER.
2.In 1989 I watched my Sister-in-law get CANCER at the age of 26, she went into remission only to have it return a year later in her brain and she died leaving a 3 yr. old daughter with a father that died 1 yr. later of nicotine addiction related disease.
3.In 1990 I watched my good friend and hunting buddy Roe die of ORAL CANCER from dipping. Read his story in my early intro titled Why Quit April 23
4.In 1995 my younger brother was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma. He survived but the Dr. warned the family of the propensity of CANCER in our family.
5.In 2000 the same brother had a daughter also get stage 4 melanoma. Now the Dr. say that the propensity just greatly increased.
6.Over the past 20 yrs. I have had numerous skin cancers and precancerous spots removed, but ignored the warnings.
7. I've lost about 1/3 of my teeth and had several gum grafts.

It doesn't matter that the reason I quit had nothing to do with these 6 warnings that I was given, what matters is that I quit and that NICOTINE IS NO LONGER A PART OF MY LIFE.
WARNING: To all smokeless tobacco users that may be reading this and not yet quit, QUIT!
CONGRATS ON 3 YEARS QUIT!

Gotta feel better than shoulder surgery. ?
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #526 on: April 03, 2015, 09:07:00 AM »
Quote from: rdad
All scary reasons why we all should have quit sooner. Just goes to show you how could ignore all this horrible shit and just keep dipping. We couldn't quit until we were ready. Here's to freedom bro! Congrats on 3 years!
Yep, what rdad said!!! Funny that I never really saw the warnings on the can. Nor did I really think they applied to me because I was a special butterfly and bulletproof.

I love my teeth, my saliva glands and taste buds. Somehow putting food in a blender so I can drink it is not logical to me all because I thought putting $hit in my lip made me a tough guy.

Thanks WT for your leadership and blatant honesty in the two years I've been here. Congratulations brother!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #525 on: April 02, 2015, 12:28:00 PM »
All scary reasons why we all should have quit sooner. Just goes to show you how could ignore all this horrible shit and just keep dipping. We couldn't quit until we were ready. Here's to freedom bro! Congrats on 3 years!

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #524 on: April 01, 2015, 09:33:00 PM »
Awesome on your 3 years Quit!
i'd Bump that too man.
Thanks for your support too, for me and more newbies.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #523 on: April 01, 2015, 08:07:00 PM »
I wanted to bump this post forward today in recognition of my 3 years quit. I'm So glad that I found this site and new friends here. I want to encourage anyone that is new or just investigating the possibility of quitting that you can do it. Quitting is a daily decision and each one of us make it everyday. Heed the warnings in your life! Wade (Wt57)
WARNINGS THAT SHOULD HAVE LEAD EACH OF US TO QUIT DIP!!
I always tried to ignore or pretend I didn't see the warning.
WARNING: This product can cause mouth cancer.
WARNING: This product can cause gum disease and tooth loss.
WARNING: This product is not a safe alternative to cigarettes.
WARNING: Smokeless tobacco is addictive

7 WARNINGS THAT SHOULD HAVE LEAD ME TO QUIT DIP!!
1. In 1983 I watched my grandmother die a dreadful death from CANCER.
2.In 1989 I watched my Sister-in-law get CANCER at the age of 26, she went into remission only to have it return a year later in her brain and she died leaving a 3 yr. old daughter with a father that died 1 yr. later of nicotine addiction related disease.
3.In 1990 I watched my good friend and hunting buddy Roe die of ORAL CANCER from dipping. Read his story in my early intro titled Why Quit April 23
4.In 1995 my younger brother was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma. He survived but the Dr. warned the family of the propensity of CANCER in our family.
5.In 2000 the same brother had a daughter also get stage 4 melanoma. Now the Dr. say that the propensity just greatly increased.
6.Over the past 20 yrs. I have had numerous skin cancers and precancerous spots removed, but ignored the warnings.
7. I've lost about 1/3 of my teeth and had several gum grafts.

It doesn't matter that the reason I quit had nothing to do with these 6 warnings that I was given, what matters is that I quit and that NICOTINE IS NO LONGER A PART OF MY LIFE.
WARNING: To all smokeless tobacco users that may be reading this and not yet quit, QUIT!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #522 on: March 31, 2015, 08:37:00 AM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Congratulations on 3 years of freedom. Those newbies that have doubts as to whether or not the fight is worthwhile need only look here. WT57 fought hard for freedom, and it is worth it!

Congratulations on another huge milestone.
Congrats as well. You've battled fiercely and found a better path. And you've shown the rest of us noobs how to get it done. Much respect.
applause
Pure. Awesome.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #521 on: March 31, 2015, 07:52:00 AM »
Congratulations on 3 years of freedom. Those newbies that have doubts as to whether or not the fight is worthwhile need only look here. WT57 fought hard for freedom, and it is worth it!

Congrats as well. You've battled fiercely and found a better path. And you've shown the rest of us noobs how to get it done. Much respect.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
« Reply #520 on: March 31, 2015, 06:18:00 AM »