Author Topic: My good cave  (Read 19585 times)

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My good cave
« Reply #519 on: January 04, 2015, 11:54:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: mich
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: Enough
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Mthomas3824
WT the Farmboy is 1,000!

Great journey. Many conversations, many PM's and many days quit with you. Congrats!

Glad to see you still quit and still in the game!
A great milestone for a great quitter and example for others! Congratulations and thank you for all that you do!
Congrats on the comma WT. Quit with you each and every day.
Old ES
'worship' 'worship' 'worship'

Nice job WT57. Glad you stick around here. When I first quit you were definitely one guy whose words I clung to.
Proud of You! Congratulations on Your Comma! Who woulda thunk? Great job!
comma looks good on you!
Congrats on the comma WT! Your experiences and stories have strenthened my quit. Thank you Brother.
Well done, sir. A champion of quit
Very impressive!!! Quit with your Bad Ass.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #518 on: January 04, 2015, 11:24:00 PM »
WT the Farmboy is 1,000!

Great journey. Many conversations, many PM's and many days quit with you. Congrats!

A great milestone for a great quitter and example for others! Congratulations and thank you for all that you do!
Old ES

Nice job WT57. Glad you stick around here. When I first quit you were definitely one guy whose words I clung to.
comma looks good on you!
Congrats on the comma WT! Your experiences and stories have strenthened my quit. Thank you Brother.
Well done, sir. A champion of quit
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #517 on: January 04, 2015, 11:18:00 PM »
WT the Farmboy is 1,000!

Old ES

comma looks good on you!

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #516 on: January 04, 2015, 07:56:00 PM »
WT the Farmboy is 1,000!

Old ES

comma looks good on you!
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #515 on: January 04, 2015, 07:35:00 PM »
WT the Farmboy is 1,000!

Old ES

Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #514 on: January 04, 2015, 06:51:00 PM »
WT the Farmboy is 1,000!

Old ES

Offline Enough snuff

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6/19/2014
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #513 on: January 04, 2015, 06:16:00 PM »
WT the Farmboy is 1,000!

Old ES
"You must do what others don't, to achieve what others won't"  Old Es

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #512 on: December 27, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »
WT the Farmboy is 1,000!

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #511 on: December 27, 2014, 01:33:00 PM »
WT the Farmboy is 1,000!

Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #510 on: December 19, 2014, 10:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Posted the same in Diesel's intro...

WT57 - Note of appreciation for continuing to be involved and actively posting to the anxiety  depression improvement page. I had no idea how many quitters had issues post quit until I experienced it myself and found this thread. Both you and Diesel have been the leaders giving the rest of us hope that we will get better.

Keep it up bro, you're making lives better!
I wholeheartedly agree with Done. I do not suffer from anxiety or depression but I feel for you that are dealing with these on top of quitting nicotine. That is difficult enough by itself. Those of you that conquer both are champs in my book. WT and Diesel are tremendous assets for us all. To heal from all our ailments is the endgame of freeing ourselves from the clutches of nicotine.
I truly appreciate the kind words. I'm nothing special nor is my quit but I'm glad my experiences might help others. It just so happens that your thoughts come to me as I'm struggling a little and upon the heals of a vicious dip dream last night. Yesterday was a bitch but I used my tools to quit (I reached out to a quit friend for support). I truly love the brotherhood of this place, even though it reminds me of my dysfunctional family that I'm with this weekend.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #509 on: December 19, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »
Quote from: Done4Me

WT57 - Note of appreciation for continuing to be involved and actively posting to the anxiety  depression improvement page. I had no idea how many quitters had issues post quit until I experienced it myself and found this thread. Both you and Diesel have been the leaders giving the rest of us hope that we will get better.

I wholeheartedly agree with Done. I do not suffer from anxiety or depression but I feel for you that are dealing with these on top of quitting nicotine. That is difficult enough by itself. Those of you that conquer both are champs in my book. WT and Diesel are tremendous assets for us all. To heal from all our ailments is the endgame of freeing ourselves from the clutches of nicotine.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #508 on: December 19, 2014, 09:18:00 PM »

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #507 on: November 20, 2014, 07:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Error in thinking; in the early 80's as an addict that had been nicotine free for nearly 3 years I distinctly remember the self justification that brought me back into slavery. Life happened, and with it came daily stress, oh yea an occasional dip would help. I know I can quit anytime, already proved it. I repeated the same error several more times over the next 3 decades.

Lesson learned; that one (or occasion) dip doesn't work. It is a total lie that leads to slavery. Life always throws us curves and its natural to look for shortcuts to overcome and deal with it. Dip isn't a means of dealing with stress, it only adds another problem to life. Face life's challenges head on, accept responsibility and make wise well thought out decisions.
#truth
Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #506 on: November 20, 2014, 02:39:00 AM »
Error in thinking; in the early 80's as an addict that had been nicotine free for nearly 3 years I distinctly remember the self justification that brought me back into slavery. Life happened, and with it came daily stress, oh yea an occasional dip would help. I know I can quit anytime, already proved it. I repeated the same error several more times over the next 3 decades.

Lesson learned; that one (or occasion) dip doesn't work. It is a total lie that leads to slavery. Life always throws us curves and its natural to look for shortcuts to overcome and deal with it. Dip isn't a means of dealing with stress, it only adds another problem to life. Face life's challenges head on, accept responsibility and make wise well thought out decisions.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #505 on: September 22, 2014, 06:56:00 PM »
WT - Meeting last night was what we talked about. Quit and recovery requires forgiveness. We have to forgive others and ourselves. I think addicts are too angry about what they can't control or things that are not worth raising blood pressure over. I was advised that even if it is insincere at first, to pray for people I felt wronged me or that I harbor angry feelings toward. I'm going to put it to the test this week.

They got me at this quote: "Harboring feelings toward someone else is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Quit with you and working on recovering by understanding how to let go and move forward.

First time that I got on my knees and asked for help and prayed for specific people that I felt wronged me. It felt awkward but funny thing, it wasn't too bad to do it.

Matthew 18:21-35 (I think I understand more today)
Thanks Mark that is so timely for me. Our group was on step 8 last week and I also need to do some forgiving before I can move forward and expect those I've harmed to forgive me. I changed my poison but am still poisoning myself hoping they will die. It was prayer that brought me to this forum and it will be through prayer that I will overcome those things that are slowing my recovery. Your comments have energized my desire to move forward from my stagnating recovery.