Author Topic: My good cave  (Read 19579 times)

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: My good cave
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
Im ready.
I was too.

Ready - 1,523.

You can do this.

Offline bigsky406

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 06:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Leahy16
WT, this is very possible. Keep reminding yourself of that. I'm a 25 year dipper, 20 years is a dime a dozen around here. Quite a few 30+ year guys.

you got this.

Post roll every...damn...day! That will get you to the promised land.
Way to go man. You made a great decision and while these first few days are undoubtedly going to be tough, all you have to do is worry about today. Tomorrow you will wake up, post roll for Day 3, and then repeat. One day at a time for the rest of your life.

Proud to quit with you today and every day.

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
WT, this is very possible. Keep reminding yourself of that. I'm a 25 year dipper, 20 years is a dime a dozen around here. Quite a few 30+ year guys.

you got this.

Post roll every...damn...day! That will get you to the promised land.
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 11:48:00 AM »
HUGE COGRATS to Grandpa and Baker!!! You both can do this...mutual accountablility. Stay strong, post roll, keep your word, and live free!!!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 06:06:00 PM »
Huge congrats on your first day. Way to post roll. You can do this!

Offline wbw

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 12:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Its been about18 hr into my quit and I wake up and wonder what I did last night I cave into KTC.
Im a jerk.  54 yr old grandpa been a slave to the bitch for 38 yr.  thats right 38 years.  I have had a couple pauses for 2-3 yr dozen of other for 2-3 weeks but never quit.  Well that changed today I quit or I'll die!!  I've thought about today for the past few months and planned for it for a couple weeks been trying to get some sever depression under control. Came across KTC while planning and sounds like I'm in.  I've caved so many times that I've been afraid of failing again, rather than caving back to slow suicide I'll probably just find a faster way.   This isn't a try or attempt.  it is my quit!!!  I had a quit day planned out but it is too far away so I'm moving it up, not putting it off any more  because I'm ready NOW!!!  I ve been a slave for longer than some of you have been alive but we are all the same a bunch of stupid jerks controlled by the NIC bitch.  I know what the next few weeks are going to be like, I've been there we need too help each other.  If I can do it so can you!  This is probably the most I will ever have to say, believe it or not I'm a really quiet guy, kind of Introverted.  Also typing on my Itouch with big dippin fingers and old man eyes.  See you at roll call everyday Im ready.
Best decision you have ever made. I didn't dip for 38 years, but I never took a break from nicotine for over 20 years. I quit on March 1. The past 31 days have been tough but managebale. My advice is to read this site, and if feel free to post questions and thoughts. PM me if you need a hand beating this shit.

Go to the banner at the top of the page and cllick on Welcome Center. It will steer your through the proces and get you started.
Quit Date - March 1, 2012

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 12:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Bakerhaub
Going into day 3 of my quit as well.  Chewed about 27 years and finally said I'm done.  Now that I am cleaning out a little I have to say the stuff was holding me back.  This weekend has been great so far.  Finally having a good laugh with my kids.  I'm in a much better mood (not letting bills or life piss me off so much) and overall feeling pretty good.  The past 2 nights I have not slept well but today it's not slowing me down too much,  I have been a bit scatterbrained today but I'll take that over being in a bad mood.
Hey Baker good work on the quit. I see you haven't posted roll yet so you probably haven't figured out how things work yet. Check out the WELCOME CENTER

Then come on over the July 2012 quit group and post roll. If you using a PC then here is a video on how to post roll.

You can also post your own separate introduction if you want, but the most important thing is to get into the July 2012 quit group and make you promise each day to not chew or have any nicotine that day.
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline Bakerhaub

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
Going into day 3 of my quit as well. Chewed about 27 years and finally said I'm done. Now that I am cleaning out a little I have to say the stuff was holding me back. This weekend has been great so far. Finally having a good laugh with my kids. I'm in a much better mood (not letting bills or life piss me off so much) and overall feeling pretty good. The past 2 nights I have not slept well but today it's not slowing me down too much, I have been a bit scatterbrained today but I'll take that over being in a bad mood.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
My good cave
« on: April 01, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »
Its been about18 hr into my quit and I wake up and wonder what I did last night I cave into KTC.
Im a jerk.  54 yr old grandpa been a slave to the bitch for 40yr.  thats right 40 years.  I have had a couple pauses for 2-3 yr dozen of other for 2-3 weeks but never quit.  Well that changed today I quit or I'll die!!  I've thought about today for the past few months and planned for it for a couple weeks been trying to get some sever depression under control. Came across KTC while planning and sounds like I'm in.  I've caved so many times that I've been afraid of failing again, rather than caving back to slow suicide I'll probably just find a faster way.   This isn't a try or attempt.  it is my quit!!!  I had a quit day planned out but it is too far away so I'm moving it up, not putting it off any more  because I'm ready NOW!!!  I ve been a slave for longer than some of you have been alive but we are all the same a bunch of stupid jerks controlled by the NIC bitch.  I know what the next few weeks are going to be like, I've been there we need too help each other.  If I can do it so can you!  This is probably the most I will ever have to say, believe it or not I'm a really quiet guy, kind of Introverted.  Also typing on my Itouch with big dippin fingers and old man eyes.  See you at roll call everyday Im ready.
I wanted to add something to this intro. I mentioned that I had a quit day planned but moved it up. Well my day was April 11 our 32nd wedding anniversary, I was going tell her I was doing it for us. Well starting my quit 11 days early is just that much better it is still for us.

more thoughts on my addiction!

I've been thinking of some really stupid things my addiction made me do. Couple weeks ago I had a colonoscopy ( remember I'm OLD, see what you have to look forward too.) 2 days before the hose job nothing but clear liquid, and always gutted my cope. Couldn't go 2 days so I got cope pouches. Swallowed that shit along with the gallon of radiator flush. Only went without my "friend" for about 3 hrs. Through all of this I was worried about spots in my gut that probably trapped tabacoo, fear of cancer everywhere, but still kept on stuffing that shit in my face. Luck gut was clean as a whistle. That flush and chew only takes about 5 min to make it from mouth to ass. 'arse'
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda