Author Topic: Day 1 of the long Road  (Read 21959 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
Re: Day 1 of the long Road
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2020, 09:54:13 PM »
Well, day 68. Been a weird one lately on the site, and it’s definitely made me question some things. HOWEVER, I jus repost and ghost. I hate all the BS that happens on the groups about why someone posted late, or why they did this, or yada yada yada. I hate seeing people pushed out of the site because they don’t meet someone else’s standard. I get it, WUPP is a thing for a reason, BUT, just because they post late, doesn’t mean they automatically stuck shit back in their mouth and are fucking with the group. I don’t understand why we harass and push these people to the point they quit the site. I mean, that’s why I’m mainly on the site to show support to my group and post my daily promise, my 100% posting for 2020, and those groups I have people I’m supporting. I’m just going to continue my PAG and strive on.
Take what you need, leave the rest. You came here to be free and by golly you're on the path. Stay the course my brother. You add to my quit and edify me.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Gravity Always Wins; 1 problem + nicotine=2 probs
  • Quit Date: November 26, 2019
  • Interests: March 2020; No Nicotine Today; One Day At A Time; By God's Grace, I Am Quit
  • Likes Given: 379
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2020, 08:29:53 PM »
Well, day 68. Been a weird one lately on the site, and it’s definitely made me question some things. HOWEVER, I jus repost and ghost. I hate all the BS that happens on the groups about why someone posted late, or why they did this, or yada yada yada. I hate seeing people pushed out of the site because they don’t meet someone else’s standard. I get it, WUPP is a thing for a reason, BUT, just because they post late, doesn’t mean they automatically stuck shit back in their mouth and are fucking with the group. I don’t understand why we harass and push these people to the point they quit the site. I mean, that’s why I’m mainly on the site to show support to my group and post my daily promise, my 100% posting for 2020, and those groups I have people I’m supporting. I’m just going to continue my PAG and strive on.
Heavy on the "Strive on" part, A-aron PTQWYB
Micah 6:8
"Dying is easy, It's Living that's tough".
"Caving is easy, It's Quitting that is Tough"

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Wake Up, Kick Ass, Do it all over again.
  • Quit Date: 2020-01-02
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2020, 02:36:31 PM »
Proud To Be Quit With You Today

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk
beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2020, 09:02:00 PM »
Today’s a pretty special day, and not because of me quitting dip. Today marks 66 days since I quit dipping, BUT it also marks 100 days since I’ve been sober. I decided after Thanksgiving I was going to stop drinking. I’ve put enough alcohol in my system these last 2 years, that I just have no desire to drink anymore. So yeah, I’m proud of myself. 10 weeks coming up soon, pretty proud of myself there too. Wife’s finally starting to jump onboard with my quit now that she truly sees I’m serious about quitting this time.

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2020, 08:33:54 AM »
Day 62

Well, today is the very end of day 62 and almost the beginning of day 63. 9 weeks. 9 weeks ago I poured out 4 cans of grizzly and swore to never again put that shit in my mouth. I can say that through these 9 weeks, I have experienced just about everything that could possibly stress somebody out enough to want to cave, but I haven't so far. I've survived death in the family, the stress of my wife being pregnant again(which is going absolutely amazing this time around, for us...for her, not so much. morning sickness is a bitch LMAO), and almost losing my life. That near-death experience was the event that almost made me cave, I was freaking out that night. If it weren't for @ThtPanda25 I promise you guys, I would've caved. I know it sounds like a bitch thing to do, but fuck man, that wasn't something I could prepare my quit for. ANYWAY, enough with the depressing boring bullshit...onto why day 63 is the most special day of my quit. Tomorrow will be more special than any floor or HoF, and here's why...I turn 26. I can officially say I'm 26, I quit nicotine, and I quit drinking. There are not many people around me that I work with that can say that, but I'm proud of myself for it. Although the closer I creep to 30, the more grey hairs I'm finding in my beard and my hair...unfortunately. Well, I guess I've rambled enough for today, thanks for tuning into this week's Ted Talk.

@A-Aron sounds like you have experienced a bunch of wins through 62 days. Life is going to keep happening. Remember to use your tools and reach out to your brothers and sisters here in times of need. The brotherhood is a major factor in keeping us all quit.
Jan19

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2020, 10:05:52 PM »
Day 62

Well, today is the very end of day 62 and almost the beginning of day 63. 9 weeks. 9 weeks ago I poured out 4 cans of grizzly and swore to never again put that shit in my mouth. I can say that through these 9 weeks, I have experienced just about everything that could possibly stress somebody out enough to want to cave, but I haven't so far. I've survived death in the family, the stress of my wife being pregnant again(which is going absolutely amazing this time around, for us...for her, not so much. morning sickness is a bitch LMAO), and almost losing my life. That near-death experience was the event that almost made me cave, I was freaking out that night. If it weren't for @ThtPanda25 I promise you guys, I would've caved. I know it sounds like a bitch thing to do, but fuck man, that wasn't something I could prepare my quit for. ANYWAY, enough with the depressing boring bullshit...onto why day 63 is the most special day of my quit. Tomorrow will be more special than any floor or HoF, and here's why...I turn 26. I can officially say I'm 26, I quit nicotine, and I quit drinking. There are not many people around me that I work with that can say that, but I'm proud of myself for it. Although the closer I creep to 30, the more grey hairs I'm finding in my beard and my hair...unfortunately. Well, I guess I've rambled enough for today, thanks for tuning into this week's Ted Talk.

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Gravity Always Wins; 1 problem + nicotine=2 probs
  • Quit Date: November 26, 2019
  • Interests: March 2020; No Nicotine Today; One Day At A Time; By God's Grace, I Am Quit
  • Likes Given: 379
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2020, 11:39:03 AM »
Well, I’m officially over halfway to HoF. I’ve been pretty busy this last week and a half, so I’ve barely any time to post and chat like usual. Today though, was a huge milestone in my quit, although I still don’t know how to feel about it. One of the hardest things for me in the Army was doing our field problems for X amount of days. It’s stressful, it’s tiring, it’s gruesome and makes you wanna reach out and grab somebody by their neck. I always relied on that green little tin can in my pocket for relief. Today, I of course naturally felt myself urging for a dip, solely based off muscle memory. My coworkers dip, a couple of them pretty heavily, but they never push it on me to pick it back up or anything. Today I felt no urge to ask for one, instead i threw my seeds in, used my Smokey Mountain, and trucked through my day. It felt like a win for me because the first day of the field setup is the most stressful day for me. Although, I wasn’t too happy about going through a can of the fake stuff, I’d rather it be fake stuff than the shit. It also helps when I won’t cave partially because I don’t even know how I would text my vets telling them I fucked up. So, @Hunter4life @Skolvikings @Athan @olcpo @Keith0617 @chris2alaska and @Bug Guy thanks for investing in a new quitter like myself, y’all give me strength to stay quit, even when I’m not actively asking for advice/calling to avoid a bad decision.
You are doing it! The field is what we were afraid of and you beat it. The field is relentless. The waiting piled with urgency. Waiting for some O to make a decision, troops looking at you for answers you can't give, hours dragging by yet not enough time, waiting for others to do their job so you can do yours, when's Chow? MRE's and iodine water. Wanna get busy? Just pour water in the MRE heater and some shavetail will show up with "work" just cuz you're sittin around... With all that a chew never changed, fixed, hurried up or slowed down anything. Now you are on the other side and YOU beat the NIC Demon. PTQWY Brother! Keep Stompin'!
Micah 6:8
"Dying is easy, It's Living that's tough".
"Caving is easy, It's Quitting that is Tough"

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10-14-19
  • Interests: Hunting
  • Likes Given: 480
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2020, 07:08:12 AM »
Well, I’m officially over halfway to HoF. I’ve been pretty busy this last week and a half, so I’ve barely any time to post and chat like usual. Today though, was a huge milestone in my quit, although I still don’t know how to feel about it. One of the hardest things for me in the Army was doing our field problems for X amount of days. It’s stressful, it’s tiring, it’s gruesome and makes you wanna reach out and grab somebody by their neck. I always relied on that green little tin can in my pocket for relief. Today, I of course naturally felt myself urging for a dip, solely based off muscle memory. My coworkers dip, a couple of them pretty heavily, but they never push it on me to pick it back up or anything. Today I felt no urge to ask for one, instead i threw my seeds in, used my Smokey Mountain, and trucked through my day. It felt like a win for me because the first day of the field setup is the most stressful day for me. Although, I wasn’t too happy about going through a can of the fake stuff, I’d rather it be fake stuff than the shit. It also helps when I won’t cave partially because I don’t even know how I would text my vets telling them I fucked up. So, @Hunter4life @Skolvikings @Athan @olcpo @Keith0617 @chris2alaska and @Bug Guy thanks for investing in a new quitter like myself, y’all give me strength to stay quit, even when I’m not actively asking for advice/calling to avoid a bad decision.

You’ve got this man. I was the same way. Just knowing that the support group is there and not wanting to let them down was enough for me.  Stay quit brotha!
100 days 1-21-2020, 2nd Floor 4-30-20, 3rd Floor 8-8-20

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2020, 12:19:59 AM »
You're a bad motha sucka my dude! I've got your back just as much as you have mine. Proud to be quit with you my brother.

Motha sucka…. WTF..... sorry this heathen is in your intro Aaron. 

Keep doing what you are doing.... lots of us are damn proud of you.
WOW! That's quite the lineup on the support group. I figure nine, maybe ten guys in the whole world got lineup like that!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2020, 11:13:32 PM »
You're a bad motha sucka my dude! I've got your back just as much as you have mine. Proud to be quit with you my brother.

Motha sucka…. WTF..... sorry this heathen is in your intro Aaron. 

Keep doing what you are doing.... lots of us are damn proud of you.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2020, 10:44:52 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2020, 10:12:09 PM »

@A-Aron you got this you big stud.
Jan19

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2020, 10:08:45 PM »

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2020, 06:01:59 PM »
41 Down, 42 tomorrow.

6 weeks

6 weeks ago I dumped a log of grizzly wintergreen and never looked back. 6 weeks ago I made the best decision I could have made, but it brought on the bumpiest ride of my life. My last post was 5 weeks down, and honestly, so much has happened in this last week, it's made up for the last few weeks of not really feeling down about my quit. I can't say I've had any real bad days of my quit until this past week, between work, school, and just everything going on, the Nic bitch caught me slipping a bit. I did not cave though, I was able to reach out and phone a fellow quitter, and distract myself. That moment was the toughest craving I have had so far these last 41 days and it came outta nowhere. I actually am sitting here on the bed doing schoolwork and typing this out, all while having a pinch of Smokey Mountain in my lip to help calm the cravings from the long day I've had today. I can't imagine what life will be like when I'm hitting HoF status, but I do know that I'll be looking back at these posts and laughing at how weak I have been some days. The one thing that keeps me going is that I have roughly 15-20 KTC brothers in quit in my phone, and I know that before I can even think about caving, I have to call each and every single one of them. That's a LOT of vets who would go to hell and back to make sure I stay on my quit journey. I have to thank @olcpo for his thread, because reading his, makes some days I have feel like nothing. Also, I have to shoutout @Hunter4life because His daily promise to me means a lot, and I've made sure I send mine back. Proud to have you two in my quit circle. I think that's all I really have for the update this week, here's to 6 weeks down, and almost half HoF.

Aaron
Sorry you are having a rough time/bump, BUT you've got this! It's obvious! You are handling it! Know that it is a "Moment" and it will pass. Prepare for it to get better! Proud To Quit With You Brother!! Keep On Keepin' on! One Day At A time!

@A-Aron brother you aren't weak. You badass has been quit for 6 weeks. Keep quitting ODAAT and let the days add up. The light gets brighter on the other side of HOF. Shoot me your digits if I can help with accountability or support. I believe in you.

NOOOOOOOO @A-Aron , don't do it!! Don't give @Keith0617 your digits!!  He will call you and text you at all hours of the day, hounding you to be quit.  Oh the agony of it all. roflmao roflmao

Just kidding, Keith is one of the best guys I know.  If you have him in your corner, you are golden.  By all means share your digits with him.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2020, 12:49:23 PM »
41 Down, 42 tomorrow.

6 weeks

6 weeks ago I dumped a log of grizzly wintergreen and never looked back. 6 weeks ago I made the best decision I could have made, but it brought on the bumpiest ride of my life. My last post was 5 weeks down, and honestly, so much has happened in this last week, it's made up for the last few weeks of not really feeling down about my quit. I can't say I've had any real bad days of my quit until this past week, between work, school, and just everything going on, the Nic bitch caught me slipping a bit. I did not cave though, I was able to reach out and phone a fellow quitter, and distract myself. That moment was the toughest craving I have had so far these last 41 days and it came outta nowhere. I actually am sitting here on the bed doing schoolwork and typing this out, all while having a pinch of Smokey Mountain in my lip to help calm the cravings from the long day I've had today. I can't imagine what life will be like when I'm hitting HoF status, but I do know that I'll be looking back at these posts and laughing at how weak I have been some days. The one thing that keeps me going is that I have roughly 15-20 KTC brothers in quit in my phone, and I know that before I can even think about caving, I have to call each and every single one of them. That's a LOT of vets who would go to hell and back to make sure I stay on my quit journey. I have to thank @olcpo for his thread, because reading his, makes some days I have feel like nothing. Also, I have to shoutout @Hunter4life because His daily promise to me means a lot, and I've made sure I send mine back. Proud to have you two in my quit circle. I think that's all I really have for the update this week, here's to 6 weeks down, and almost half HoF.

Aaron
Sorry you are having a rough time/bump, BUT you've got this! It's obvious! You are handling it! Know that it is a "Moment" and it will pass. Prepare for it to get better! Proud To Quit With You Brother!! Keep On Keepin' on! One Day At A time!

@A-Aron brother you aren't weak. You badass has been quit for 6 weeks. Keep quitting ODAAT and let the days add up. The light gets brighter on the other side of HOF. Shoot me your digits if I can help with accountability or support. I believe in you.
Jan19