Author Topic: I QUIT!  (Read 543 times)

Offline Wildbill

• Likes Given: 0
I QUIT!
« on: January 15, 2011, 03:24:00 PM »
Okay. Boys. I used Cope for 34 years. I quit 4 years ago and it wasn't easy at first but things get easier as you move along. My journey started when I was around 14 years old. I worked around horses and livestock and also for a vet. It was also that time I started rodeo. A box would last me maybe 3 days or so. Cope cost about .25 cents then. So the economics wasn't a big deal. When I got to college, I rodeoed some and was on the livestock judging team. Now snuff useage went up to a box or so a day. Great thing about it was, American tobacco was a sponsor to college rodeo... Free snuff, yes, sir. Free snuff. Well I tooled along for a few more years and got married. She really didn't mind the snuff chewing, but then again... One evening after coming in and actually discovering I was down to about 1/2 a box (using 2/day now) I went to the store. I don't know, it just hit me, 10 bucks a day for snuff and you know, this stuff is getting kinda nasty. I decided then and there to quit. Weird thing is I bought a box and left in my shop. As long as I had that unopened box everything was okay. I have since found alternative non-tobacco snuff and my wife is happy! You can do it! Thank you for allowing me to share this with you.