Author Topic: I AM A QUITTER  (Read 759 times)

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: I AM A QUITTER
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 04:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Eric
My name is Eric. I am 44 years old and have been addicted to Copenhagen Long Cut Straight for 25 years. I heard a sermon at Church Sunday night that made me want to stop once and for all. I stopped dipping on 4 nineteen 2015 at 6:00 PM. If I was not sleeping or eating I had a huge dip in my mouth!! This site has been a huge help and has some amazing reads on here. I am struggling mightily today. I am eating mints, seeds, have drank at least 5 bottles of water and it is only 2 in the afternoon. The craving today is as bad as it has been since I quit and everything is a foggy haze. I cannot focus on anything and I am behind a desk all day and taking a fat huge dip is consuming my ever thought. I will beat this but I think this will be the most difficult battle I have ever faced. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This site is amazing and to whoever came up with it THANK YOU very much!! I am sure I will be a regular here moving forward for motivation and anything else that can help beat this once and for all!!!
hey Eric,
It really sounds like you want your life back..Slavery sucks!
A big welcome to You from one nicotine addict to another.
This site saved my life. It can save yours as well....just allow it to...let go...drink the the Quit Kool-Aid brother.
If you stick around, I promise your quit will stick...we do this ODAAT (one day at a time)
We don't worry about tomorrow, we don't do the past, we focus on Today, just Today.
If my sorry butt can do this I know that YOU can Too.
I'm on day 1063. I quit 8:36 a.m. May 25th, 2012.
Read up, own up, post up everyday your feet hit the floor.
Come on in the water is fine.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 02:53:00 PM »
Welcome Eric. What WT said! It was the hardest but also the best thing I have ever done for myself. You have no idea how damn awesome it is to be free from slavery to nictotine. You can do this! Learn how to post roll and do that EVERYDAY. It is the cornerstone of everything we do here. Lets do this brother!

Offline PatrickG

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-30
  • Interests: God, family, duck hunting and Alabama football.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 02:52:00 PM »
That must have been some sermon. You might want to drop a little something extra in the offering plate next Sunday! Glad you are here. It sounds like you are on the right track.

Go here - Welcome Center to learn what we do here and how to post roll. Then go to the July Quit group to post roll and introduce yourself. You can do this. Let's get started!
It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.- Paul Bear Bryant

Process guarantees success. A good process produces good results - Nick Saban

HOF Speech - There is nothing new under the sun

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 02:12:00 PM »
Eric it may very well be the most difficult thing you've ever done it was for me. I suggest you go to the welcome center and figure out how to post roll, meet as many fellow quitters as possible and get numbers so you can have another layer of accountability. Without the brotherhood and accountability your odds of success are greatly reduced.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Eric Lyon

• Quitter
I AM A QUITTER
« on: April 22, 2015, 02:02:00 PM »
My name is Eric. I am 44 years old and have been addicted to Copenhagen Long Cut Straight for 25 years. I heard a sermon at Church Sunday night that made me want to stop once and for all. I stopped dipping on 4 nineteen 2015 at 6:00 PM. If I was not sleeping or eating I had a huge dip in my mouth!! This site has been a huge help and has some amazing reads on here. I am struggling mightily today. I am eating mints, seeds, have drank at least 5 bottles of water and it is only 2 in the afternoon. The craving today is as bad as it has been since I quit and everything is a foggy haze. I cannot focus on anything and I am behind a desk all day and taking a fat huge dip is consuming my ever thought. I will beat this but I think this will be the most difficult battle I have ever faced. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This site is amazing and to whoever came up with it THANK YOU very much!! I am sure I will be a regular here moving forward for motivation and anything else that can help beat this once and for all!!!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me
Psalm 37:39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble.
Matthew 19:26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, ?With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible
2 Timothy 1: 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind
Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved
MY FAVORITE SCRIPTURE IN THE BIBLE................... Jeremiah 33:3 call unto me and I will answer thee and show thee great and mighty things that thou knowest not.
I LOVE JESUS AND HE LOVES ME