Author Topic: Quit 3 hours ago "Intro"  (Read 25449 times)

Offline WarE2013

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Quit 3 hours ago
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2018, 01:46:59 PM »
3:54 PM - Apr 03, 2013 #1

I have tried several times, prolly 15 serious attempts in the last two years. I only tried cold turkey once and made it 53 days. I am doing it cold turkey this time and this is for good. I'm changing my name to success5002 after 100 days. Anyway, three hours under my belt. Feels ok so far. NOt looking forward to whats ahead, but gotta press forward.

Offline WarE2013

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitter
Re: Quit 3 hours ago
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2018, 01:46:39 PM »
4:02 PM - Apr 03, 2013 #2

tsmith17 wrote

Quote from: attempt5001
I have tried several times, prolly 15 serious attempts in the last two years.  I only tried cold turkey once and made it 53 days.  I am doing it cold turkey this time and this is for good.  I'm changing my name to success5002 after 100 days.  Anyway, three hours under my belt.  Feels ok so far.  NOt looking forward to whats ahead, but gotta press forward.
This time will be different if you fully commit to this.  Anybody can do anything if they FULLY commit to it.  This is also not an attempt.  This is the real deal.  Post roll everyday and honor your word and I guarantee that this time will be different.

Read all of this : http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showforum=13

With particular attention paid to http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=50 and http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=120.

I would also suggest watching this video about how to post roll:
http://www.killthecan.org/roll/

Looks like you are in July 2013: http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=7913
Go post Day 1 if you haven't already:

Remember, POST ROLL EVERYDAY.

Offline WarE2013

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitter
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2018, 01:45:25 PM »
4:15 PM - Apr 03, 2013 #3

marcusaurelius wrote

glad to see you here attempt... we will do together...i quit with you today

Offline WarE2013

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitter
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2018, 01:44:55 PM »

5:18 PM - Apr 03, 2013 #4

Notdeadyet wrote

We do not "attempt" or "try". Either quit or don't quit, there is nothing else.

Offline WarE2013

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitter
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2018, 01:44:12 PM »
 5:21 PM - Apr 03, 2013 #5

SirDerek wrote

Quote from: attempt5001
I'm changing my name to success5002 after 100 days.
Here's a better idea and NDY was leading to it.

We do not try, we do not attempt, we just do.

So go ahead, change that name now to Success and you can keep putting up +1 one day at a time. That is all we ask, hell that is all I do.

Offline WarE2013

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitter
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2018, 01:43:23 PM »
 1:31 PM - Apr 05, 2013 #6

Hey fellow newbies, come hang out in the chat room.  It  really does help to talk with folks.  I know there are several July folks who are quitters, so come on.  I want to Hear how fucking miserable you are and I will tell you how miserable I am and then we can continue to quit together.   'bang head'

Offline WarE2013

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitter
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2018, 01:42:34 PM »
 6:05 AM - Apr 07, 2013 #7

Wedge wrote

Quote from: WarE2013
Hey fellow newbies, come hang out in the chat room.  It  really does help to talk with folks.  I know there are several July folks who are quitters, so come on.  I want to Hear how fucking miserable you are and I will tell you how miserable I am and then we can continue to quit together.   'bang head'
War,

Make sure you get plenty of phone numbers from your group.  While everyone can't make it to the chat room, most can play phone tag with text messages.  From one July (2012) quitter to another, let me know if you want another number.

Offline WarE2013

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitter
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2018, 01:41:45 PM »

11:29 PM - Apr 12, 2013 #8

I hit double digits today (10 Days). Drove 5 hours in a car by myself, hit two massive traffic jams, sat in traffic for hours and almost lost my mind. I used the hell outta that fake shit. It was hard but I got through it. Now Its 1:30 am and all the "chatters" have turned in for the night. So I decided to post this, so I could come back to it someday and remember. Remember the SUCK. Days 1-3 were fucking miserable. 4 wasnt that bad. 5 was the worst day I have had yet. 6,7,8,9 were bad but not unbearable. 10 was a fucking monster too. Many ups and many downs so far. Mostly downs, but a few spots where I found i wasnt craving or thinking about dip. I'm a repeat stopper. I stopped once for a year back in 1995, 30 days in 2012 and 53 days in 2012. I need this time to be different. It feels different. I feel better knowing I got some people i can talk to. I dont feel like i am going at this alone. I think if i would have had this site on my 53 day excurstion i would still be quit, but fuck it, cant dwell on that shit. Gotta move on. I am quit today. 10 Days. Thats the 4th longest amount of time I have been without a dip in over 25 years. Nothing to write home about just yet, but I feel it growing, my quit. I feel it getting stronger.

Offline WarE2013

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitter
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2018, 01:41:25 PM »
 11:40 PM - Apr 12, 2013 #9

Smokeyg wrote

I hit double digits today (10 Days).  Drove 5 hours in a car by myself, hit two massive traffic jams, sat in traffic for hours and almost lost my mind.  I used the hell outta that fake shit.  It was hard but I got through it.  Now Its 1:30 am and all the "chatters" have turned in for the night.  So I decided to post this, so I could come back to it someday and remember.  Remember the SUCK.  Days 1-3 were fucking miserable.  4 wasnt that bad.  5 was the worst day I have had yet.  6,7,8,9 were bad but not unbearable.  10 was a fucking monster too.  Many ups and many downs so far.  Mostly downs, but a few spots where I found i wasnt craving or thinking about dip.  I'm a repeat stopper.  I stopped once for a year back in 1995, 30 days in 2012 and 53 days in 2012.  I need this time to be different.  It feels different.  I feel better knowing I got some people i can talk to.  I dont feel like i am going at this alone.  I think if i would have had this site on my 53 day excurstion i would still be quit, but fuck it, cant dwell on that shit.  Gotta move on.  I am quit today.  10 Days.  Thats the 4th longest amount of time I have been without a dip in over 25 years.  Nothing to write home about just yet, but I feel it growing, my quit.  I feel it getting stronger.
"I am quit today." That's all that matters. That's what you didn't appreciate when you hit the pause button. Post roll for today. Welcome.
On a completely separate note - I remember getting pissed when vets chimed in on the initial stages of my quit. What do they know about where I am today? I'd rather relate to quitters in the fire.

Alright, ummm…all those past attempts only strengthened you for this - your final quit. You will never chew tobacco again.
"Well, that is that," says Baba Fats, sitting back down on his stone, Facing another thousand years of talking to God, alone. "Yes, Lord, it's always the same...old men or bright-eyed youth... It's always easier to sell 'em some shit than it is to tell them the truth." - Uncle Shelby

Offline WarE2013

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitter
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2018, 01:40:28 PM »
4:16 AM - Apr 13, 2013 #10

Ajacks23 wrote

I hit double digits today (10 Days).  Drove 5 hours in a car by myself, hit two massive traffic jams, sat in traffic for hours and almost lost my mind.  I used the hell outta that fake shit.  It was hard but I got through it.  Now Its 1:30 am and all the "chatters" have turned in for the night.  So I decided to post this, so I could come back to it someday and remember.  Remember the SUCK.  Days 1-3 were fucking miserable.  4 wasnt that bad.  5 was the worst day I have had yet.  6,7,8,9 were bad but not unbearable.  10 was a fucking monster too.  Many ups and many downs so far.  Mostly downs, but a few spots where I found i wasnt craving or thinking about dip.  I'm a repeat stopper.  I stopped once for a year back in 1995, 30 days in 2012 and 53 days in 2012.  I need this time to be different.  It feels different.  I feel better knowing I got some people i can talk to.  I dont feel like i am going at this alone.  I think if i would have had this site on my 53 day excurstion i would still be quit, but fuck it, cant dwell on that shit.  Gotta move on.  I am quit today.  10 Days.  Thats the 4th longest amount of time I have been without a dip in over 25 years.  Nothing to write home about just yet, but I feel it growing, my quit.  I feel it getting stronger.
Exactly my man, one day at a time. I was also a repeat stopper, kept a quit strong for a month or 2 and then the drive to quit would slowly fade and I would find a reason why I could have just one dip.

Use this intro thread as a place to keep your thoughts and something to look back on when you are having a difficult day dealing with the craves. Put all that pain and anger into some posts here and you will be able to see exactly what you were going through and why it is never worth it to cave and have to go through all this stuff again.

Offline WarE2013

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitter
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2018, 01:39:30 PM »
9:08 AM - Apr 13, 2013 #11

30isEnuff Wrote

Quote from: Ajacks23
I hit double digits today (10 Days).  Drove 5 hours in a car by myself, hit two massive traffic jams, sat in traffic for hours and almost lost my mind.  I used the hell outta that fake shit.  It was hard but I got through it.  Now Its 1:30 am and all the "chatters" have turned in for the night.  So I decided to post this, so I could come back to it someday and remember.  Remember the SUCK.  Days 1-3 were fucking miserable.  4 wasnt that bad.  5 was the worst day I have had yet.  6,7,8,9 were bad but not unbearable.  10 was a fucking monster too.  Many ups and many downs so far.  Mostly downs, but a few spots where I found i wasnt craving or thinking about dip.  I'm a repeat stopper.  I stopped once for a year back in 1995, 30 days in 2012 and 53 days in 2012.  I need this time to be different.  It feels different.  I feel better knowing I got some people i can talk to.  I dont feel like i am going at this alone.  I think if i would have had this site on my 53 day excurstion i would still be quit, but fuck it, cant dwell on that shit.  Gotta move on.  I am quit today.  10 Days.  Thats the 4th longest amount of time I have been without a dip in over 25 years.  Nothing to write home about just yet, but I feel it growing, my quit.  I feel it getting stronger.
Exactly my man, one day at a time. I was also a repeat stopper, kept a quit strong for a month or 2 and then the drive to quit would slowly fade and I would find a reason why I could have just one dip.

Use this intro thread as a place to keep your thoughts and something to look back on when you are having a difficult day dealing with the craves. Put all that pain and anger into some posts here and you will be able to see exactly what you were going through and why it is never worth it to cave and have to go through all this stuff again.
Ware, Fuck the past. 'Finger'    Today is real.  'boob'   You keep quitting TODAY and your daze will stack up before you know it.  shocker
Take it from me. It gets alot better, I promise. This is my first and last quit after 30 yrs. 24/7 1-2 cans per day. If I can do this, 'Crazy'   then I know that YOU CAN too!!  'bang head'
Quit on!!

Offline WarE2013

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitter
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2018, 01:38:29 PM »

11:04 AM - Apr 13, 2013 #12

akhillbille wrote

Congrats. I hit a pretty hard wall on days 9 and 10 myself. This place is awesome. Having people to talk to or just vent to really helps. You will get great support here but remember to also give support as someone had pointed out to me. Post roll and make that promise to yourself everyday that you will stay quit. Don't just come back to this thread someday, but more often. I've found it helps me to come back to my intro thread every day and usually post something. Stay strong and STAY QUIT!!!

Offline WarE2013

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitter
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2018, 01:37:35 PM »

11:57 AM - Apr 13, 2013 #13

srans wrote

Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Ajacks23
I hit double digits today (10 Days).  Drove 5 hours in a car by myself, hit two massive traffic jams, sat in traffic for hours and almost lost my mind.  I used the hell outta that fake shit.  It was hard but I got through it.  Now Its 1:30 am and all the "chatters" have turned in for the night.  So I decided to post this, so I could come back to it someday and remember.  Remember the SUCK.  Days 1-3 were fucking miserable.  4 wasnt that bad.  5 was the worst day I have had yet.  6,7,8,9 were bad but not unbearable.  10 was a fucking monster too.  Many ups and many downs so far.  Mostly downs, but a few spots where I found i wasnt craving or thinking about dip.  I'm a repeat stopper.  I stopped once for a year back in 1995, 30 days in 2012 and 53 days in 2012.  I need this time to be different.  It feels different.  I feel better knowing I got some people i can talk to.  I dont feel like i am going at this alone.  I think if i would have had this site on my 53 day excurstion i would still be quit, but fuck it, cant dwell on that shit.  Gotta move on.  I am quit today.  10 Days.  Thats the 4th longest amount of time I have been without a dip in over 25 years.  Nothing to write home about just yet, but I feel it growing, my quit.  I feel it getting stronger.

Ware, Fuck the past. 'Finger'    Today is real.  'boob'   You keep quitting TODAY and your daze will stack up before you know it.  shocker
Take it from me. It gets alot better, I promise. This is my first and last quit after 30 yrs. 24/7 1-2 cans per day. If I can do this, 'Crazy'   then I know that YOU CAN too!!  'bang head'
Quit on!!
 Ware  your brain is rewiring...  Your almost through it.  Things will be changing for the better in no time.  You hang in there and i will hang in there with you.  I quit with you today....

Offline WarE2013

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitter
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2018, 01:36:08 PM »
12:00 PM - Apr 13, 2013 #14

Timeless117 wrote

Way to go my man. The first weekend that came up when I quit I drove 4 hours each way to see my girl at her place. It was hell. I went through like 1/2 the tin of Smokey Mountain each way. 10 days quit is great. It's farther than a lot of people ever get and its something that you should be very proud of so yes its something to write home about. But just know that ultimately the day count is insignificant. All we've got is today. Yesterday is in the past and tomorrow never comes. We are all a split second from a shitty decision and posting another day one.

That's great you've been having good day. I think I only had like one or two total in my first month. But I'm glad I stuck with it as today is leaps and bounds better than day 1 or 70 or even yesterday. Use those stops as experience. And as you get to the day that you lost it originally be wary and even more vigilant in your quit. If staying on chat longer or texting your quit brothers/sisters more is required than do it.

Feel free to PM should you ever need anything. I'd be more than glad to help.

Offline WarE2013

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitter
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2018, 01:35:11 PM »
1:53 PM - Apr 13, 2013 #15

"Be a Bad Ass Ninja Wizard Quitter-sneak up on your cravings, cast a spell, and watch that bitch die."