Author Topic: One day down  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2331
Re: One day down
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 05:12:47 PM »
@Wesminor these guys are telling the truth. Wouldn’t you do anything to live another day? Start now. You can do this and we are here to help. Go post roll.
Jan19

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 11:05:48 AM »
I see you haven't followed Chris2Alaska's suggestion to post your promise in the April 2020 Quit Group, yet. I suggest you do so ASAP today. Here's why:

If you spend some time reading in this introduction section, you see that many people giving us one post, telling us they finally quit. They are all gung-ho about quitting for the moment. But what about the next day, and the day after that, and so on? One post means absolutely nothing unless it is followed up on. Sooner or later, the resolve and willpower starts to wane. The nature of this addiction is to change your brain chemistry; essentially, you cannot feel joy, happiness, contentment, pleasure, etc, unless you have nicotine acting as a middleman. So, as one day leads to the next, the anxiety, anger, lack of enjoyment in anything whittle away at your defenses until one day you pop in a quick dip in just get some release from being a miserable prick. You 'think' it's a quick one, and vow to quit again right away, or maybe tomorrow, or more likely when you finish your can... but maybe this was a bad time and hopefully next year might be better, right?

In short, quitting sucks...for a long damn time. It takes time to learn how to enjoy life again without that middleman. It takes a long damn time to re-re-wire our brains. That's how and why this site came to be. We become accountable to a bunch of other addicts going through the same thing, and promise them we will not use the garbage-- no matter what-- for 24 hours at a time or less. We put our asses on the line and we expect the same from you. The finish line is only 24 hours away, and the starting line resets itself every day. As time goes on, it becomes easier to live life without dip. But it should always be viewed as an active threat.

So, it's your choice. How willing are you? Are you willing to put your ass on the line? Are you willing to become accountable to some strangers on the internet? Are you willing to do whatever it takes to stay quit today and post your promise again tomorrow?  Are you ready to Quit period...not attempt, try, hope.  Are you willing to post your promise to yourself, and us, that you will not use nicotine today?  Jump in. Otherwise, your previous post was just dry lightning.
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1614
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 03:07:35 AM »
Well today was the day! I’ve officially thrown out the can and not using anymore nicotine (including zyn)! I’ve been using for going on 7 years and I’ve had enough of it. Hoping I can make it to the finish line this time!! Anxiety has already set in, a little bit of grumpiness but trying to stay Strong and stay positive!! Using sunflower seeds and gum to keep me busy right now!! Taking this one day at a time!!

Welcome Wesminor,

You have made the best decision of your life to quit.  Go to the April 2020 Quit Group and post your daily promise to abstain from nicotine for the next 24 hours.

We quit one day at a time here.  We wake up, piss, post our promise, keep our word for the day and repeat daily.

I hate to break it to you, but you will only reach the finish line the day you die.  We are addicts, we will always be addicts.  You need to get your head around that fact right now or you will have a much harder time quitting.

After you post roll, start exchanging phone numbers with other quitters in your group as well as some vets.  Those numbers are your life line to instant support as well as the beginning of your web of accountability and brotherhood.

Only exchange numbers through the private messaging feature of the site.  My number is always available for the asking.

I promise you, it will get much better but you have to get through the suck first.  It is going to suck for a bit until it doesn’t suck as bad.  Each day will get better and better.

Congratulations on your decision, I’m proud to quit with you today.

Chris
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 03:10:15 AM by chris2alaska »
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Wesminor

• Likes Given: 0
One day down
« on: January 07, 2020, 01:36:51 AM »
Well today was the day! I’ve officially thrown out the can and not using anymore nicotine (including zyn)! I’ve been using for going on 7 years and I’ve had enough of it. Hoping I can make it to the finish line this time!! Anxiety has already set in, a little bit of grumpiness but trying to stay Strong and stay positive!! Using sunflower seeds and gum to keep me busy right now!! Taking this one day at a time!!