Author Topic: Worktowin's road to winning  (Read 64547 times)

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
Re: Worktowin's road to winning
« Reply #685 on: August 18, 2021, 10:33:27 AM »
Day 3,159.

I'm so thankful and honored to be a part of this elite group.  Right now, as the world continues to go through waves of "fucked up beyond absolutely all belief" on a daily basis - sooooooooo many people are feeding their addictions at an escalating rate - and I'm one of the lucky ones that gets to enjoy freedom.

Since March:

I moved my mom from assisted living to the care center.  I put her on hospice.  30 days later I said goodbye to her for the last time on this earth.  For a month before and up to the end, the covid-madness took a brief reprieve, and we were able to visit her in person like we used to do.  My brother and I were blessed to be at her side when she left us.

My brother finished his treatment plans for oral cancer and was given preliminary good results.  My mom knew that before she passed away.

Wife and I went to LV for a week and were able to do so again between waves of shutdown/masking/etc, and feel like a normal getaway.  Met Traumagnet's wife and her new friend to celebrate her 50th birthday while we were there.

Traumagnet left us 5 years ago this week.

Last week, my brother got news that his oral cancer has spread, rapidly and aggressively, throughout his large bones.  Pelvis, collarbone, spine, femurs, etc.  The prognosis is grim, and we all know it.  This guy never chewed a minute in his life and is the kindest, most gentle and caring person I know.  He is an Episcopalian priest who has given his life to help others. 

It would be easy to make excuses and cave, like I always did in the past.  To say....  you know what, Steven never chewed and he still got cancer.  Its gonna get me one way or another, so why not?  But thanks to you guys, that's not an option.

This is not a great time for many of us.  Life isn't always fair.  This message isn't uplifting or cheery, but it is my reality right now.  Times will change, but good times or bad - I'm here for the long haul.

Thanks for your continued support.  God Bless all of you on this journey.
Proud to quit with you today @worktowin . You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thoughts and prayers for your brother, you and your family.  Proud as hell to quit with you EDD!!!
Prayers for you and your family.  Keep the faith!
PTQWYT!
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #684 on: August 17, 2021, 01:26:38 PM »
Day 3,159.

I'm so thankful and honored to be a part of this elite group.  Right now, as the world continues to go through waves of "fucked up beyond absolutely all belief" on a daily basis - sooooooooo many people are feeding their addictions at an escalating rate - and I'm one of the lucky ones that gets to enjoy freedom.

Since March:

I moved my mom from assisted living to the care center.  I put her on hospice.  30 days later I said goodbye to her for the last time on this earth.  For a month before and up to the end, the covid-madness took a brief reprieve, and we were able to visit her in person like we used to do.  My brother and I were blessed to be at her side when she left us.

My brother finished his treatment plans for oral cancer and was given preliminary good results.  My mom knew that before she passed away.

Wife and I went to LV for a week and were able to do so again between waves of shutdown/masking/etc, and feel like a normal getaway.  Met Traumagnet's wife and her new friend to celebrate her 50th birthday while we were there.

Last week, my brother got news that his oral cancer has spread, rapidly and aggressively, throughout his large bones.  Pelvis, collarbone, spine, femurs, etc.  The prognosis is grim, and we all know it.  This guy never chewed a minute in his life and is the kindest, most gentle and caring person I know.  He is an Episcopalian priest who has given his life to help others. 

It would be easy to make excuses and cave, like I always did in the past.  To say....  you know what, Steven never chewed and he still got cancer.  Its gonna get me one way or another, so why not?  But thanks to you guys, that's not an option.

This is not a great time for many of us.  Life isn't always fair.  This message isn't uplifting or cheery, but it is my reality right now.  Times will change, but good times or bad - I'm here for the long haul.

Proud to quit with you today @worktowin . You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thoughts and prayers for your brother, you and your family.  Proud as hell to quit with you EDD!!!
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #683 on: August 17, 2021, 12:28:23 PM »
Day 3,159.

Since March:

Jan19

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #682 on: August 17, 2021, 10:40:35 AM »
Day 3,159.

Since March:

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #681 on: March 11, 2021, 11:15:19 PM »
Time to dust this intro off again, and celebrate 3,000 days of winning!

Yep, 3,000!  Honestly, I can't believe it.  I can't believe it, because for over 20 years I tried damn near every day to quit.  I threw out literally thousands of partially full cans of Kodiak Wintergreen.  And the next day I shamefully would return to the closed possible gas station in a near panic to get my fix on my way to work.  I hid shamefully from my family, from my friends... I made every excuse in the book for the endless showers that weren't about getting clean, or the long escapes during the weekend in the car where I'd drive around alone or park in some parking lot like I was scoring crack.  And then.... I went to see my doctor.  And he told me that I was too fat, with too many results in the "off the charts" category in all the wrong way, and here are a bunch of prescriptions that you need to start on NOW, but also, you might want to brush up on your life insurance.

Well, I was around 40 at the time.  And my dad, a physically fit small dude that liked his pipe tobacco way too well, well he died at 52 all of the sudden, and it hit me that I had to quit.  Had to!  So, I did.  And on Day 16 I woke up in a very dark place, the darkest of my life.  I was shaking, crying like a baby uncontrollably, and just lost and completely hopeless.  And I got on the internet and found this place.  I was schooled QUICKLY that this wasn't a habit, it is an addiction.  That I will post every day or I'll fail.  That I'm not alone.  That other people had done every single thing I had done and felt every single feeling I had.  And that quitting is possible, but you gotta do it right.  And, I listened.

3,000 days later, I am so quit that it is ridiculous.  And it is sooooooooooooo easy now.  Everyone said, this will get easy.  Well, it did.  Not in 50 days, or 100.  By a year, it wasn't hard, but there were still days.  I still remember cravings in the 500s, but day by day, it got easier.  I made friends along the way, and I mean good friends.  I was best man in a wedding of a quitter in Calgary that I talk to every day.... and now I'm spending a lot of time talking him through his divorce.  I text about 20 guys a day, and literally I feel about most of them like they are my own brothers.  And of course, Todd... who died way too soon, but left behind a great wife and son that my wife and I talk to almost daily, and we see in person at least once a year, even in these times of Covid. 

I'm a much better person than I was 3,000 days ago.  I'm honest, I'm direct, and I'm engaged.  I'm not trying to escape.  My marriage is better, and my wife is happier.  My income has multiplied and my responsibilities for my employer have as well.  I'm a better son to a mother that demands and deserves a lot of attention. I'm a better friend.  And overall, I'm just so much happier than I ever imagined I could be.  There was always an underlying anger, tension.... that I think was low level withdrawal always on the cusp of breaking through.  Well, that is gone now.

I've gone through some of the roughest points in my life in the past 3,000 days.  My wife ending up in ICU from a diabetic crisis.  A really kind boss getting fired... I was handed her job.... her suing us and me being smack in the middle of it.  My mom having her leg amputated unexpectedly and having to move her to an assisted living facility - and learning how to deal with not only a severe disability as also the constant management of "institutional care" that is necessary.  And in just the past couple of weeks, my brother learning of his Stage 4 oral cancer.... the kind that those of use that used tobacco for 20+ years fear.... but someone like him that never touched tobacco in his life.  His journey with massive chemotherapy and radiation begins on Monday, and deep down I'm scared, but also feel a sense of guilt that I know I shouldn't, but I do anyway.  Why is my brother, the kindest person I know, going through this when I "asked for it" for over 20 years?  Life is full of challenges, but together, we push ahead.

Through all of these events, my online family has been by my side.  In 3,000 days everyone has their own stories, and I'm so honored to have this support system in place.  Because, any of these events would have easily triggered a cave in my past life.... but now, ain't no way I'm letting anyone down.

This is a long post, and for that I apologize.  But I find it helpful to look back over time and see where I was, and where I am.  I feel like Iron Man this morning when it comes to nicotine.  It is a joke, and it won't control me today.  I'll post roll.  I'll text by brothers.  And I'll win again today.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank all of you.  For those of you just joining this process..... guys if some fat ass unhealthy crying dude like me can do this, I can promise you that you can as well.  Post your promise.  Keep your word.  Reach out for help.  And make connections.

God Bless KTC and the KTC family,

worktowin/3,000
Thanks for all you do brother ! you have been instrumental in my quit a debit i dont no if a can repay its a honor to call you a friend and brother!
Awesome. Badass triple comma.
You are also one who proves there's no excuse to go back. Proud to quit with you!

Way to go 3,,,000!!!
Congrats brother!! 3K is some impressive work.  'shots'

Congrads on 3k milestone!! You are an inspiration!!
Amazing journey sir, amazing strength of will. Congrats and keep on being the badass quitter that you are!

Thank you for all you have done. I pray that one day I will see those numbers behind my name, only 2628 days to go. You sir are an inspiration to all.

Congrats my friend!  You have impacted countless lives here including mine and I will pray for your brother's swift recovery.  Let's take this one day at a time and I quit with you today!   :)

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #680 on: March 11, 2021, 05:31:07 PM »

Yep, 3,000!  Honestly, I can't believe it.  I can't believe it, because for over 20 years I tried damn near every day to quit.  I threw out literally thousands of partially full cans of Kodiak Wintergreen.  And the next day I shamefully would return to the closed possible gas station in a near panic to get my fix on my way to work.  I hid shamefully from my family, from my friends... I made every excuse in the book for the endless showers that weren't about getting clean, or the long escapes during the weekend in the car where I'd drive around alone or park in some parking lot like I was scoring crack.  And then.... I went to see my doctor.  And he told me that I was too fat, with too many results in the "off the charts" category in all the wrong way, and here are a bunch of prescriptions that you need to start on NOW, but also, you might want to brush up on your life insurance.

Well, I was around 40 at the time.  And my dad, a physically fit small dude that liked his pipe tobacco way too well, well he died at 52 all of the sudden, and it hit me that I had to quit.  Had to!  So, I did.  And on Day 16 I woke up in a very dark place, the darkest of my life.  I was shaking, crying like a baby uncontrollably, and just lost and completely hopeless.  And I got on the internet and found this place.  I was schooled QUICKLY that this wasn't a habit, it is an addiction.  That I will post every day or I'll fail.  That I'm not alone.  That other people had done every single thing I had done and felt every single feeling I had.  And that quitting is possible, but you gotta do it right.  And, I listened.

3,000 days later, I am so quit that it is ridiculous.  And it is sooooooooooooo easy now.  Everyone said, this will get easy.  Well, it did.  Not in 50 days, or 100.  By a year, it wasn't hard, but there were still days.  I still remember cravings in the 500s, but day by day, it got easier.  I made friends along the way, and I mean good friends.  I was best man in a wedding of a quitter in Calgary that I talk to every day.... and now I'm spending a lot of time talking him through his divorce.  I text about 20 guys a day, and literally I feel about most of them like they are my own brothers.  And of course, Todd... who died way too soon, but left behind a great wife and son that my wife and I talk to almost daily, and we see in person at least once a year, even in these times of Covid. 

I'm a much better person than I was 3,000 days ago.  I'm honest, I'm direct, and I'm engaged.  I'm not trying to escape.  My marriage is better, and my wife is happier.  My income has multiplied and my responsibilities for my employer have as well.  I'm a better son to a mother that demands and deserves a lot of attention. I'm a better friend.  And overall, I'm just so much happier than I ever imagined I could be.  There was always an underlying anger, tension.... that I think was low level withdrawal always on the cusp of breaking through.  Well, that is gone now.

I've gone through some of the roughest points in my life in the past 3,000 days.  My wife ending up in ICU from a diabetic crisis.  A really kind boss getting fired... I was handed her job.... her suing us and me being smack in the middle of it.  My mom having her leg amputated unexpectedly and having to move her to an assisted living facility - and learning how to deal with not only a severe disability as also the constant management of "institutional care" that is necessary.  And in just the past couple of weeks, my brother learning of his Stage 4 oral cancer.... the kind that those of use that used tobacco for 20+ years fear.... but someone like him that never touched tobacco in his life.  His journey with massive chemotherapy and radiation begins on Monday, and deep down I'm scared, but also feel a sense of guilt that I know I shouldn't, but I do anyway.  Why is my brother, the kindest person I know, going through this when I "asked for it" for over 20 years?  Life is full of challenges, but together, we push ahead.

Through all of these events, my online family has been by my side.  In 3,000 days everyone has their own stories, and I'm so honored to have this support system in place.  Because, any of these events would have easily triggered a cave in my past life.... but now, ain't no way I'm letting anyone down.

This is a long post, and for that I apologize.  But I find it helpful to look back over time and see where I was, and where I am.  I feel like Iron Man this morning when it comes to nicotine.  It is a joke, and it won't control me today.  I'll post roll.  I'll text by brothers.  And I'll win again today.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank all of you.  For those of you just joining this process..... guys if some fat ass unhealthy crying dude like me can do this, I can promise you that you can as well.  Post your promise.  Keep your word.  Reach out for help.  And make connections.

worktowin/3,000
Thanks for all you do brother ! you have been instrumental in my quit a debit i dont no if a can repay its a honor to call you a friend and brother!
You are also one who proves there's no excuse to go back. Proud to quit with you!

Way to go 3,,,000!!!

Amazing journey sir, amazing strength of will. Congrats and keep on being the badass quitter that you are!

Thank you for all you have done. I pray that one day I will see those numbers behind my name, only 2628 days to go. You sir are an inspiration to all.

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #679 on: March 11, 2021, 12:52:05 PM »

worktowin/3,000

Way to go 3,,,000!!!

ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Phxshadow

• Quitter
  • There is always hope
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #678 on: March 11, 2021, 12:37:41 PM »

worktowin/3,000

Way to go 3,,,000!!!

Staying quit one Day at a Time.
My quit date April 25 2020
1st floor 8/2/20 2nd floor 11/10/20
3rd floor 2/18/21 4th floor 5/29/21
5th floor 9/6/21

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4333
« Reply #677 on: March 11, 2021, 12:34:12 PM »

worktowin/3,000

Way to go 3,,,000!!!
Congrats @worktowin !! Even if you have written something previous for one of your other commas, I think you should submit your 3k post here to the Comma Club :)
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #676 on: March 11, 2021, 12:26:48 PM »

worktowin/3,000

Way to go 3,,,000!!!
Jan19

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #675 on: March 11, 2021, 12:00:28 PM »

worktowin/3,000

Way to go 3,,,000!!!
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #674 on: March 11, 2021, 11:36:32 AM »

worktowin/3,000
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #673 on: March 11, 2021, 08:30:23 AM »

worktowin/3,000
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #672 on: March 11, 2021, 08:16:21 AM »

worktowin/3,000

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #671 on: December 31, 2020, 10:12:04 PM »
8 years ago today, 2,923 days, I quit.

16 days later, an emotional weak almost suicidal version of myself found this place.

You all have helped me accomplished the one thing that I couldn’t win at alone. That I failed at day, after day, after day.... for 20+ years. That failure defined me more than I knew, and the values and friendships I’ve gained here have made me a much better person than I used to be. A better friend. Spouse. Son. Employee. Citizen.

I thank all of you, the team here at KTC, for your part in helping me.  We are a big family here, and we win together.

God Bless, and Merry Christmas.

Michael
Worktowin
8 years.
Keep leading the way brother. Proud to quit with you today.
This is awesome! Thanx for all you do and have done here. KTC wouldn't be the same without you
you da man Michael! Thanks for all you do to help others! Congratulations!
Happy to follow in your footsteps. You have been an exemplary member of our quit grp and this site. I congratulate you and wish you nothing but the best.
Thank-you Michael
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer