Author Topic: Worktowin's road to winning  (Read 64385 times)

Offline omahaflyer

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3 Jan 2013
  • Interests: fish golf baseball
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Worktowin's road to winning
« Reply #670 on: December 28, 2020, 06:28:37 AM »
8 years ago today, 2,923 days, I quit.

16 days later, an emotional weak almost suicidal version of myself found this place.

You all have helped me accomplished the one thing that I couldn’t win at alone. That I failed at day, after day, after day.... for 20+ years. That failure defined me more than I knew, and the values and friendships I’ve gained here have made me a much better person than I used to be. A better friend. Spouse. Son. Employee. Citizen.

I thank all of you, the team here at KTC, for your part in helping me.  We are a big family here, and we win together.

God Bless, and Merry Christmas.

Michael
Worktowin
8 years.
Keep leading the way brother. Proud to quit with you today.
This is awesome! Thanx for all you do and have done here. KTC wouldn't be the same without you
you da man Michael! Thanks for all you do to help others! Congratulations!
Happy to follow in your footsteps. You have been an exemplary member of our quit grp and this site. I congratulate you and wish you nothing but the best.
Memorial Stadium

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #669 on: December 27, 2020, 01:08:06 PM »

16 days later, an emotional weak almost suicidal version of myself found this place.

You all have helped me accomplished the one thing that I couldn’t win at alone. That I failed at day, after day, after day.... for 20+ years. That failure defined me more than I knew, and the values and friendships I’ve gained here have made me a much better person than I used to be. A better friend. Spouse. Son. Employee. Citizen.

I thank all of you, the team here at KTC, for your part in helping me.  We are a big family here, and we win together.

Michael
Worktowin
8 years.
This is awesome! Thanx for all you do and have done here. KTC wouldn't be the same without you
you da man Michael! Thanks for all you do to help others! Congratulations!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #668 on: December 24, 2020, 11:47:10 AM »

Michael
Worktowin
8 years.
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1620
« Reply #667 on: December 24, 2020, 07:47:07 AM »

Michael
Worktowin
8 years.
Jan19

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #666 on: December 24, 2020, 05:13:32 AM »

Michael
Worktowin
8 years.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #665 on: October 29, 2019, 12:33:29 AM »
Worktowin was the first KTC member to respond to my feeble introduction post.  Just knowing that someone else understood and cared got me in here every damn day.   8)

Offline walterwhite

• Admin (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 1.4.2016
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #664 on: October 28, 2019, 01:23:33 PM »
A short message to acknowledge a stalwart of this quit community. Thank you for all that you have done for me,our group and other members of this forum.  'clap'
I agree but I'm moving this to W2W introductions...

You will NEVER regret quitting. You will ALWAYS regret caving ~ NOLAQ

Everyday an addict reminds himself he is an addict is a day an addict earns another day of freedom. ~ Scowick65

To persevere is important for everybody. Don't give up, don't give in. There's always an answer to everything. ~ Louis Zamperini

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #663 on: October 28, 2019, 10:35:15 AM »
Congrats on 2500 awesome days of quit, you sexy hunk of man meat!
@worktowin
@worktowin
@worktowin
@worktowin
@worktowin
@worktowin
@worktowin
@worktowin
@worktowin
@worktowin

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #662 on: September 17, 2019, 06:37:01 PM »
You are one badass quitter and I'm proud to call you friend.  Not only do you honor your dad by quitting, but you also honor him by helping others do the same.  Your dad would be proud of you.  I know I am. 

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #661 on: September 17, 2019, 06:31:49 PM »
23rd floor ya big stud, that is freaking awesome.

Thank you for everything you've done and still do for so many of us.

You are a great mentor and friend, this place wouldn't be the same without you.

Skol- 466

All this x2.  One of the baddest ass quitters I know.
Rock n roll, buddy!
So, yeah, I'm on a first name basis with him.  Yeah we roll together.  Tell 'em tow truck man, tell 'em all how you knows me and how we goes way back...
much love, respect, and heartfelt thanks!

You know you are badass when you gots your own emoji

*worktowin* *worktowin* *worktowin* *worktowin* *worktowin* *worktowin*

CONGRATS ON THE 23RD !! 'chew2'

RIP to your dad. Too damn young. F#$@ nicotine.  Now the little bitch  is trying to her her hooks into my son's with this vape bullshit.  I see it for what it is..  QLF with you today and always. 2448 IG2H

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #660 on: September 17, 2019, 09:38:47 AM »
September 17, 1989
30 years ago today

It was Sunday.  I was 2 weeks into my Senior year of High School.  My mom had just finished a year round of chemo for her breast cancer, and things were looking pretty good.  I was headed to a nice college next year, was going on a date with my hottie girlfriend (now my wife) that night.  My parents were headed to see my brother in a city about 50 miles away.  And then I got the call... my dad had a heart attack and passed away.  At 51 years old.  Nicotine.

At the time, I was balls deep in my own nicotine addiction, but my dad huffed on a pipe like kids huff on juuls these days.  It was his friend, and it contributed to his heart problems.  He was young, in pretty good shape, thin, exercised, but his blood pressure and cholesterol were all sky high no matter what he did.  September 17, 1989 was a day that changed my life forever.  Nicotine took another family member, my closest one, and altered my life in ways that I wouldn't have imagined.  But... it didn't make me quit chewing.

That happened 20 some odd years later, when my doctor told me that I was on the same path that my dad was on.  So... thanks to this website and all of you, I did the un-doable.  I quit.  All in, I came on this site and listened, was schooled, and followed the program.  2.460 days later, I haven't missed posting in April 2013 one single day, and I won't.  That is the least I can do to honor myself, my family, and my dad... because I managed to do something that he couldn't.

These days, quitting is so easy.  It seems so ridiculous that I indulged in a filthy, dangerous, expensive addiction when I knew better.  But thats what nicotine does... hooks us young, and then it kills us young.  Well, not me... Kodiak.  I am winning.

Rest in peace, dad.

Michael

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #659 on: April 18, 2019, 04:32:51 PM »

Skol- 466

Rock n roll, buddy!
So, yeah, I'm on a first name basis with him.  Yeah we roll together.  Tell 'em tow truck man, tell 'em all how you knows me and how we goes way back...

CONGRATS ON THE 23RD !! 'chew2'
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #658 on: April 18, 2019, 10:52:53 AM »

Skol- 466

Rock n roll, buddy!

I love you guys, and I love this place.  2.307 days ago I embarked on a journey that at the time I thought was impossible.  I thought it would be another epic failure, just like the hundreds of other "quits" that I encountered over the years.  Then I found KTC.  This family has kept me honest and nicotine free, and made me a much better man than I was before. 

If you are new here - it is not easy at first, but I swear on my life that it does get better.  Better than you can even imagine.  Quitting nicotine will improve your life in ways that you never imagined.  If you use this site and all that it has to offer, you will gain friendships with people that are as driven as you are, and you will win together.  There is nothing that we can't accomplish as a team.

Onward and upward--

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #657 on: April 15, 2019, 07:01:29 PM »

Skol- 466

Rock n roll, buddy!

Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #656 on: April 15, 2019, 05:34:25 PM »

Skol- 466

Rock n roll, buddy!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer