Author Topic: Worktowin's road to winning  (Read 74188 times)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Worktowin's road to winning
« Reply #655 on: April 15, 2019, 10:55:15 AM »
23rd floor ya big stud, that is freaking awesome.

Thank you for everything you've done and still do for so many of us.

You are a great mentor and friend, this place wouldn't be the same without you.

Skol- 466

All this x2.  One of the baddest ass quitters I know.
Rock n roll, buddy!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #654 on: April 15, 2019, 09:13:16 AM »

Skol- 466

All this x2.  One of the baddest ass quitters I know. 

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 975
« Reply #653 on: April 12, 2019, 03:51:13 PM »

Skol- 466
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Day 16
« Reply #652 on: September 07, 2018, 07:30:00 PM »
Poof

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
« Reply #651 on: August 23, 2018, 10:29:00 AM »
Getting close to un chartered quit waters.....never been past 7 months in 30 years....222 qlf

Offline BubbaM

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #650 on: August 01, 2018, 10:57:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Doofus
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: worktowin
Day 2,006. Yesterday I had the first craving I've had in years. Seriously, in like 2 years. I was driving home after a long day, and my wife is out of town. It is very rare for her to be gone when I am in town... so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Hitting my milestone last week also tends to bring these events on, but in any event, it was out of the blue. Texted a couple of dudes in my group. They, coincidentally, mentioned having either a craving or a fucking dip dream in the past week. I pushed that thought aside, got some Chinese (non cat-ish) food, and went home and mowed the lawn.

2,000 days. Wow. I remember seeing day counts like this and thinking... no fucking way dude. I don't believe it. Not possible. Well, it is possible. It really isn't even that hard after you push through the start and learn how this place works. Make connections. Make friends. Build a network. POST ROLL EVERY DAY. No exceptions. HONOR YOUR WORD. Quit as a team. Brotherhood + Accountability.

A lot has happened in 2,000 days. I've had 4 promotions at work. My income has doubled. My wife and I have the best relationship we've ever had. I don't lie anymore to her. I've made more friends here than I can even describe - good, honest, quality people. I've lost a good friend here to cancer, caused by tobacco. I've encountered family joy, and family tragedy. On day 1,999 my father-in-law was diagnosed out of the blue with esophageal cancer... he used to smoke many years ago. I've had higher highs, and lower lows in the past 2,000 days than I can describe, and I've dealt with all of them like an adult - not like an addict.

I'm very, very, very humbled to be a part of this community. I'm honored to have met so many friends on here, and to walk with many of you on your walk to freedom. I also thank all of you that have helped me on my own journey, as I simply cannot do this alone. But together, we cannot fail. We won't.

God Bless KTC, and all of you.

Michael
worktowin
Great post... It's never over.. It's just about today.
I quit with you.
What ever the number.
Rawls - - - -
...and I don't think there is anyone out there who has not paid it forward more than you. Gracias amigo!
Everyone not in comma club should read this post!
No offense but comma club or not no one is ever free and clear. She will haunt us all until our death. W2W is a badass quitter whom I have the pleasure not only to be his brother but someone to call a close friend! Quit on and post every damn day like your life depends on it.

Pab 1276
Nice post! Love reading your stuff and getting support from you!

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #649 on: July 31, 2018, 07:12:00 PM »
Double WUPP time for 200, proud to be quit wit u

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #648 on: June 25, 2018, 09:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Doofus
Day 2,006. Yesterday I had the first craving I've had in years. Seriously, in like 2 years. I was driving home after a long day, and my wife is out of town. It is very rare for her to be gone when I am in town... so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Hitting my milestone last week also tends to bring these events on, but in any event, it was out of the blue. Texted a couple of dudes in my group. They, coincidentally, mentioned having either a craving or a fucking dip dream in the past week. I pushed that thought aside, got some Chinese (non cat-ish) food, and went home and mowed the lawn.

2,000 days. Wow. I remember seeing day counts like this and thinking... no fucking way dude. I don't believe it. Not possible. Well, it is possible. It really isn't even that hard after you push through the start and learn how this place works. Make connections. Make friends. Build a network. POST ROLL EVERY DAY. No exceptions. HONOR YOUR WORD. Quit as a team. Brotherhood + Accountability.

A lot has happened in 2,000 days. I've had 4 promotions at work. My income has doubled. My wife and I have the best relationship we've ever had. I don't lie anymore to her. I've made more friends here than I can even describe - good, honest, quality people. I've lost a good friend here to cancer, caused by tobacco. I've encountered family joy, and family tragedy. On day 1,999 my father-in-law was diagnosed out of the blue with esophageal cancer... he used to smoke many years ago. I've had higher highs, and lower lows in the past 2,000 days than I can describe, and I've dealt with all of them like an adult - not like an addict.

I'm very, very, very humbled to be a part of this community. I'm honored to have met so many friends on here, and to walk with many of you on your walk to freedom. I also thank all of you that have helped me on my own journey, as I simply cannot do this alone. But together, we cannot fail. We won't.

Michael
worktowin
I quit with you.
What ever the number.
Rawls - - - -
...and I don't think there is anyone out there who has not paid it forward more than you. Gracias amigo!
No offense but comma club or not no one is ever free and clear. She will haunt us all until our death. W2W is a badass quitter whom I have the pleasure not only to be his brother but someone to call a close friend! Quit on and post every damn day like your life depends on it.

Pab 1276
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #647 on: June 25, 2018, 08:39:00 PM »

Michael
worktowin
I quit with you.
What ever the number.
Rawls - - - -

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #646 on: June 25, 2018, 06:36:00 AM »

Michael
worktowin
I quit with you.
What ever the number.
Rawls - - - -
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #645 on: June 24, 2018, 11:31:00 PM »

Michael
worktowin
I quit with you.
What ever the number.
Rawls - - - -
I believe.....

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #644 on: June 24, 2018, 09:31:00 PM »
Rocking it every day with you, very proud to call you my quit brother and friend.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #643 on: June 21, 2018, 10:08:00 AM »

Michael
worktowin

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #642 on: June 20, 2018, 08:57:00 AM »
Quote from: Stranger999
Quote from: skolvikings
Quote from: decoyshooter
end of day one - not looking forward to day two - anyone there?
Absolutely love this, your next project bid dog. LetÂ’s quit.
Actually, and this is true, CT imaging of Michael's head has proven that there is in fact, no one there.

Brother (a lot of us call you that, by the way) you are the ultimate quitter and nobody deserves another inch of dangle growth more than you. Thank you for the first 2,000 days.
The size of those dangles......
Good work sir!
Rawls 1307
Attaboy Michael! Look at those dangles! Great job. Keep leading the way
Simply awesome. I can't wait to get to 2,000 days myself but before I get there I need to post roll tomorrow. :)
Congratulations! Good stuff right here!

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #641 on: June 19, 2018, 12:31:00 AM »
Quote from: skolvikings
Quote from: decoyshooter
end of day one - not looking forward to day two - anyone there?
Absolutely love this, your next project bid dog. LetÂ’s quit.
Actually, and this is true, CT imaging of Michael's head has proven that there is in fact, no one there.

Brother (a lot of us call you that, by the way) you are the ultimate quitter and nobody deserves another inch of dangle growth more than you. Thank you for the first 2,000 days.
The size of those dangles......
Good work sir!
Rawls 1307
Attaboy Michael! Look at those dangles! Great job. Keep leading the way
Simply awesome. I can't wait to get to 2,000 days myself but before I get there I need to post roll tomorrow. :)