Author Topic: Worktowin's road to winning  (Read 75530 times)

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 16
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: jake
200 Days!  Great Job Bro!  I am proud to quit with you today and each day forward!
Thanks Jake; you and a lot of others got me here. Lately there have been some people on this site trying to discourage posting roll. Those yahoos are not celebrating 200 days today. This system is the real deal.

You know how good you feel about your quit, well... It really does get even better. I can't proclaim to have been in a cult or have a grandfather that started a bus company, but I've done pretty well for myself in like. And success at this quit is one of my greatest accomplishments.

Thanks for all of your support.
Even if a man was poor and quit he would still be better then a rich man who is a slave to a drug.... I don't care what that BOY says on these threads regarding roll call. I' will only trust the word of a man I SEE everyday! That's at least some proof that he has commitment and honor! I SEE you everyday! Good job, I following you up the ladder!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
200 Days!  Great Job Bro!  I am proud to quit with you today and each day forward!
Thanks Jake; you and a lot of others got me here. Lately there have been some people on this site trying to discourage posting roll. Those yahoos are not celebrating 200 days today. This system is the real deal.

You know how good you feel about your quit, well... It really does get even better. I can't proclaim to have been in a cult or have a grandfather that started a bus company, but I've done pretty well for myself in like. And success at this quit is one of my greatest accomplishments.

Great job worktowin.. Like i'm going to choose georgie over a solid quitter like you. I don't think so!!!!!!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »
200 Days! Great Job Bro! I am proud to quit with you today and each day forward!

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »
200 Days! Great Job Bro! I am proud to quit with you today and each day forward!

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
Quote from: hokiehi
My main problem has been "the fog."  Seems to last forever, and it shows up sometimes and not at others.  I guess the good part is that....when I'm in it, I really don't even notice it.  It is later in the day that I think.... WTF did I do today?  Still functioning fine from a work and home life perspective, so whatever I am doing must be OK?  I just don't recall it.

Other than that, I am making multiple major life changes.  Working out a lot.  Every day 3-4 miles, weights 3X a week.  Completely changed eating habits (major league diet.)  I finally came to the conclusion that if I f'd up enough things in my life (for the good) all at the same time none of them would individually hurt as badly.  So far - so good.

Whatever you do bud - don't give up the fight.  This isn't easy for any of us, but all of us have lied to our friends and families over this disgusting habit - and we owe it to ourselves to live the good life.  PM me any time - I'd be happy to talk...
'crackup' I've had that with the fog as well. I've driven home that way. How in the hell I made it is beyond me. Sounds like you have a lot going on at once. I made my health change last year. Not a diet...lifestyle change as my wife calls it. :D Complete diet change and working out as well. Usually 3 days of running and 3 days of weights a week. Dropped 30 pounds. Have gained back 7 since I stopped dipping and that is with the exercise and diet continuing. Go figure. But if you have to give on something, give on the diet. I couldn't imagine trying to do all of those at one time. Keep going with the quit....that is the most important.
some of my fogs were 2 weeks. but the good news is they do go away. just get through the day no matter what. eat what ever you want. once you have some days under your belt the diet can change. As long as your exercising you shouldn't gain too much. I'm a completely different person now at 159 days. I eat so friggin healthy now, and I feel very healthy. pm if you guys need anything. quit= B)
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline hokiehi

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »
My main problem has been "the fog." Seems to last forever, and it shows up sometimes and not at others. I guess the good part is that....when I'm in it, I really don't even notice it. It is later in the day that I think.... WTF did I do today? Still functioning fine from a work and home life perspective, so whatever I am doing must be OK? I just don't recall it.

Other than that, I am making multiple major life changes. Working out a lot. Every day 3-4 miles, weights 3X a week. Completely changed eating habits (major league diet.) I finally came to the conclusion that if I f'd up enough things in my life (for the good) all at the same time none of them would individually hurt as badly. So far - so good.

Whatever you do bud - don't give up the fight. This isn't easy for any of us, but all of us have lied to our friends and families over this disgusting habit - and we owe it to ourselves to live the good life. PM me any time - I'd be happy to talk...
'crackup' I've had that with the fog as well. I've driven home that way. How in the hell I made it is beyond me. Sounds like you have a lot going on at once. I made my health change last year. Not a diet...lifestyle change as my wife calls it. :D Complete diet change and working out as well. Usually 3 days of running and 3 days of weights a week. Dropped 30 pounds. Have gained back 7 since I stopped dipping and that is with the exercise and diet continuing. Go figure. But if you have to give on something, give on the diet. I couldn't imagine trying to do all of those at one time. Keep going with the quit....that is the most important.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 04:23:00 PM »
My main problem has been "the fog." Seems to last forever, and it shows up sometimes and not at others. I guess the good part is that....when I'm in it, I really don't even notice it. It is later in the day that I think.... WTF did I do today? Still functioning fine from a work and home life perspective, so whatever I am doing must be OK? I just don't recall it.

Other than that, I am making multiple major life changes. Working out a lot. Every day 3-4 miles, weights 3X a week. Completely changed eating habits (major league diet.) I finally came to the conclusion that if I f'd up enough things in my life (for the good) all at the same time none of them would individually hurt as badly. So far - so good.

Whatever you do bud - don't give up the fight. This isn't easy for any of us, but all of us have lied to our friends and families over this disgusting habit - and we owe it to ourselves to live the good life. PM me any time - I'd be happy to talk...

Offline hokiehi

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
Quote from: chevybaby91
How do you cope with the withdraws???? Im losing my mind!!!
You have to push through it. The worse of it is usually gone in 72 hours. Gotta get the nicotine out of your system. You'll still have cravings and things that will trigger you to want to dip, but you make it through the first 72 and you are serious about quitting...then you can get through this shit.

I picked up some Smokey Mountain Herbal snuff from Wally. Kind of tastes like tobacco, but it isn't. Gives you the oral fix, but doesn't do much for the nicotine. Someone also suggested fireballs. I used be be able to find those mf'ers all the time when I was a kid. Went to 5 different stores yesterday and couldn't find any. Settled for some cinnamon jolley ranchers. Not the same, but effective.

Offline chevybaby91

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »
How do you cope with the withdraws???? Im losing my mind!!!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »
Loot - hilarious! What is even funnier is that... I.... am.... from... Kansas City!

F the bear man. Day 17 and counting.

Thanks friends----

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 02:39:00 PM »
Another ninja....welcome.

Take back your life. Snatch it from the clutches of big tobacco. Get mad. Stay mad. Just don't take it out on your family. Bring it here and yell at KCChief. Just being a Chef's fan is enough to get him yelled at.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 01:46:00 PM »
The bear is a jerk. You don't need it...never did. You are amongst some bad ass mother fuckers who handle quit with lead pipe cruelty on a daily basis. We also get off on helping others beat the fuck out of the bear. Its a pretty cool group. Welcome.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline KC Bronco

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family time, Bass & Catfish fishing, golf, coaching baseball, drinking beer with friends and family, reading World War II books, Denver Broncos and Kansas Jayhawks
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 11:59:00 AM »
I hate that fucking bear too. Welcome to Quit. It's so much better on the other side. I definately Quit with you today. KC Bronco
?People want to see the car crash instead of the race. But, when you're the one in the car that's crashing, it's not much fun. I'm enjoying the race.?
? Nikki Sixx, Motley Crue

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
Just wanted to say welcome to ktc and congratulation's on quitting. It's the best decision you could ever make. I quit with you today. If you need anything at all just pm me.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 09:13:00 AM »
Quote from: waketech
Hi guys. 40 year old professional guy here. Started dipping at 16. Like all of you - wow... That first dip I still remember like it was yesterday. Like the best roller coaster ever. Been using a can every day for 24 years. Add that up m-fers... That is a new Lexus I spit out over 24 years. Had a physical a few weeks ago and need to make some diet and exercise changes, so why not get all of this ugliness done at once?  First few days I slept all the time. The fog is unreal and I'm still in it. Have been able to function and work but still feel out of it. I, like you, read the 100 reasons to quit and probably could relate to 80% of them. I had some great times with the bear, but never again. I've hidden this from family and friends for years and am now 2 weeks in. Every time I think about it I log in and read your stories - they make it real and give the extra push I need. I'll be to 100 days soon and when the fog clears I look forward to cheering my fellow brothers on. Thanks for your support.
Hey man I'm glad you quit and found us. Try posting roll and make your promise every day. Read all you can. I will quit with you but I don't need any weakness in my quit. I will send you my number PM me if you have any questions.

PS. You and the bear DID NOT have good times together. YOU had the good times and the BEAR (nicotine/Tobacco) was that wart on your ass you had to take along. You will now have better times without the shit.
Well done for giving that word of yours on the roll. It is vital that you post that early as it tells yourself that I now have to keep that pledge that I just made not only to myself (as if you cannot keep a word to yourself, then you have nothing), but also to your quit brothers.

And yes Wake is right. The times you had in the past were all good but they were you. The bear had nothing to do with them to make it better. In fact the cancer causing leach may have even taken away from all of the joy that could have been better. Cause if like most, what more joy could we have had on wedding days and births of children....oh yea just wait as I need a minute to go throw in a fatty and kill myself a little Sarcasm

OMG we were such addicts to think that way. I quit with you today and that is my word.