Author Topic: Worktowin's road to winning  (Read 72302 times)

Offline TSNUS

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, camping, skiing, BBQing
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 16
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 07:21:00 AM »
Quote from: waketech
Quote from: worktowin
Hi guys. 40 year old professional guy here. Started dipping at 16. Like all of you - wow... That first dip I still remember like it was yesterday. Like the best roller coaster ever. Been using a can every day for 24 years. Add that up m-fers... That is a new Lexus I spit out over 24 years. Had a physical a few weeks ago and need to make some diet and exercise changes, so why not get all of this ugliness done at once?  First few days I slept all the time. The fog is unreal and I'm still in it. Have been able to function and work but still feel out of it. I, like you, read the 100 reasons to quit and probably could relate to 80% of them. I had some great times with the bear, but never again. I've hidden this from family and friends for years and am now 2 weeks in. Every time I think about it I log in and read your stories - they make it real and give the extra push I need. I'll be to 100 days soon and when the fog clears I look forward to cheering my fellow brothers on. Thanks for your support.
Hey man I'm glad you quit and found us. Try posting roll and make your promise every day. Read all you can. I will quit with you but I don't need any weakness in my quit. I will send you my number PM me if you have any questions.

PS. You and the bear DID NOT have good times together. YOU had the good times and the BEAR (nicotine/Tobacco) was that wart on your ass you had to take along. You will now have better times without the shit.
Keep working it workingtown and the fog will clear. You'll be abadass m-fer when you lick this and get your senses back. It can change your life but only you can make the choice to stay quit today.
Quit 8/14/12 and taking my life back one day at a time.

If you don?t control what you have access to, what you have access to will control you.

I?m trying to remind myself daily it?s not the absence of conflict that determines whether or not my relationships are healthy. It?s knowing how to handle the conflicts that will arise.

Character is who we are, not who we pretend to be. It's better to be shaped than to be fake.

Offline waketech

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Hi guys. 40 year old professional guy here. Started dipping at 16. Like all of you - wow... That first dip I still remember like it was yesterday. Like the best roller coaster ever. Been using a can every day for 24 years. Add that up m-fers... That is a new Lexus I spit out over 24 years. Had a physical a few weeks ago and need to make some diet and exercise changes, so why not get all of this ugliness done at once? First few days I slept all the time. The fog is unreal and I'm still in it. Have been able to function and work but still feel out of it. I, like you, read the 100 reasons to quit and probably could relate to 80% of them. I had some great times with the bear, but never again. I've hidden this from family and friends for years and am now 2 weeks in. Every time I think about it I log in and read your stories - they make it real and give the extra push I need. I'll be to 100 days soon and when the fog clears I look forward to cheering my fellow brothers on. Thanks for your support.
Hey man I'm glad you quit and found us. Try posting roll and make your promise every day. Read all you can. I will quit with you but I don't need any weakness in my quit. I will send you my number PM me if you have any questions.

PS. You and the bear DID NOT have good times together. YOU had the good times and the BEAR (nicotine/Tobacco) was that wart on your ass you had to take along. You will now have better times without the shit.

Offline bigwhitebeast

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »
Well here is the deal with KTC, we are basically a cold turkey program, we don't utilize nicotine replacement therapy such as nicorette gum.

We come in each day and promise to our brothers that we will remain quit for the rest of the day, the next day we come and do the same thing.

People come in here and bust balls, they go in the chat and talk about the issues they are having, they call fellow quit group members and ask for help. We remain quit one day at a time.

We have milestones, the biggest and the first is reaching 100 days quit without NRT, this is called the Hall of Fame, the time when you reach HOF is your quit group so if you stopped all nicotine on December 23rd or 24th you would be in the April 2013 group.

When in your group you post roll call, this is your promise to quit today, tomorrow you come in and repeat. Remember, we are addicts, we are junkies to nicotine, it takes a strong will and assistance to stay quit.

Here is the welcome center
index.php?showforum=13

Here is how to post roll call
index.php?showtopic=50

And a little video on how to post roll call
http://www.killthecan.org/roll/

Here is the April quit group
index.php?showtopic=7622

Welcome to our group, if you buy into the program it can save your life.

Stay quit my friend.

Bigwhitebeast

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
Day 16
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 09:11:00 PM »
Hi guys. 40 year old professional guy here. Started dipping at 16. Like all of you - wow... That first dip I still remember like it was yesterday. Like the best roller coaster ever. Been using a can every day for 24 years. Add that up m-fers... That is a new Lexus I spit out over 24 years. Had a physical a few weeks ago and need to make some diet and exercise changes, so why not get all of this ugliness done at once? First few days I slept all the time. The fog is unreal and I'm still in it. Have been able to function and work but still feel out of it. I, like you, read the 100 reasons to quit and probably could relate to 80% of them. I had some great times with the bear, but never again. I've hidden this from family and friends for years and am now 2 weeks in. Every time I think about it I log in and read your stories - they make it real and give the extra push I need. I'll be to 100 days soon and when the fog clears I look forward to cheering my fellow brothers on. Thanks for your support.

Offline Leonidas

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
  • Schizophrenic Born Again Problem Child
  • Likes Given: 1186
Re: Worktowin's road to winning
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 06:06:22 PM »
Huge accomplishment Brother!!
Thanks for all you've done and continue to do for KTC.
Looking forward to seeing you this summer!!
Stay Gold!
Nothing Gold Can Stay

"When I grow up, I'm gonna grow a Man Bun!!!" - MNxEngineer314

"Yes I'm a weasel, but look! My name's RED!!!" - walterwhite

"Matt....Da_mon...." - Palpatine

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 12:42:38 PM »
Worktowin - 6 years. 

Well, here goes the nostalgia and ghey sappiness... 6 years ago I quit.  I was terrified.  Emotional.  Lost.  And alone.  I'd stopped hundreds, fuck I'd stopped thousands of times, but this time my doctor more of less told me to get my act together or buy more life insurance.  So I quit.  16 days later I stumbled across this site, and you guys, and you helped me succeed at the one thing that I had failed at in life over and over and over.  I'm healthier, happier, and just so much more free.  I've had the pleasure of meeting a few of you, and I hope to meet more of you as time goes by.  I owe this group my life, and I'm so very thankful to post here every day.  God Bless, and Merry Christmas.
Badass bro!
I miss seeing the influx of these kind of intro entries.

Big. Time.

The change in KTC to this new site left most of the amazing content behind in an archive, instead of bringing it here
ALL that stuff is pure Quit Gold...

This man's intro especially.

Quit with you every day Michael.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:32:39 AM by AppleJack »
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline kybo

• Master of Quit
  • Nemo Sine Vitio Est
  • Quit Date: 1/7/2018
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 07:40:33 AM »
Congrats on six years! 

And thank you for the inspiration and support you have shown to so many of us over those six years.  God Bless You and Happy Holidays to you and yours!
"No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody Wang Chung tonight."
"That's what's great about the outdoors, you know. It's one giant toilet."
"i thought I could stay at the party forever, it don't work that way, cause that shit will kill ya" -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

HOF date: 4/16/182nd Floor: 7/25/183rd Floor: 11/02/184th Floor: 2/10/195th Floor: 5/21/196th Floor: 8/19/197th Floor: 12/7/198th Floor: 3/16/209th Floor: 6/24/2010th Floor: 10/02/2011th Floor: 1/10/2112th Floor: 4/20/2113th Floor: 7/29/2114th Floor: 11/7/2115th Floor:  2/14/2216th Floor:  5/25/2217th Floor:  9/2/2218th Floor:  12/11/2219th Floor:  3/21/23

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 974
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 11:27:49 AM »
You are a leader and inspiration to so many... I truly hope you know how much we look up to you.  Thank you for everything you have done for myself and countless others.... much love Michael
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 09:20:56 AM »
Worktowin - 6 years. 

Well, here goes the nostalgia and ghey sappiness... 6 years ago I quit.  I was terrified.  Emotional.  Lost.  And alone.  I'd stopped hundreds, fuck I'd stopped thousands of times, but this time my doctor more of less told me to get my act together or buy more life insurance.  So I quit.  16 days later I stumbled across this site, and you guys, and you helped me succeed at the one thing that I had failed at in life over and over and over.  I'm healthier, happier, and just so much more free.  I've had the pleasure of meeting a few of you, and I hope to meet more of you as time goes by.  I owe this group my life, and I'm so very thankful to post here every day.  God Bless, and Merry Christmas.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
Worktowin's road to winning
« on: November 14, 2018, 04:41:53 PM »
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qs_xtreme/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6007&p=5786047&hilit=worktowin#p5786047

This intro documents a big part of my life, and my struggle to win at the one thing that I always failed at... quitting nicotine.  Thanks to KTC for making the impossible possible.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 06:21:02 AM by worktowin »