Author Topic: Worktowin's road to winning  (Read 77732 times)

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
Re: Day 16
« Reply #610 on: December 24, 2017, 12:25:00 PM »
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: Mike1966
Quote from: ChristopherJ
Quote from: worktowin
5 years ago this morning I had my last dip. I was terrified. For 25 years nicotine had been my go to for celebrations. For sorrows. It had gotten me through arguments and celebrations.

It also had turned me into a liar. A sneaky deceitful guy that made excuses and lied to have an affair with a chopped up plant in a can. I was angry. Fat. Felt bad. On my way to an early heart attack. And I was very unhappy.

5 years ago I had no idea what I was doing. I honestly thought it would be like the other 2,000 times I’d “quit”, and it would have been if I hadn’t found this place. Every day without exception I post roll and I keep my word. Was it hard? Oh fuck yes. Is it hard? Lol... absolutely NOT. For a long time it was. Then things started to click. And quitting has made me a better husband and person.

If I can do this, you can do this. ItÂ’s Christmas Eve. Give yourself and your family the best gift ever. Get your name on roll.

Thanks to KTC for letting this guy finally win at his biggest failing!

God Bless you all.
Congrats to you Michael! Your quitting exemplifies what KTC is all about. Because for everything it has given to you, you have reached out and shared with a multitude of quitters. I am one of those guys. There is so much to celebrate on Christmas Eve - very much for you this year. Thank you!
Congrats on 5 years Michael. Your a true Bad Ass Quitter!
Congrats on your 5 years quit Michael.
Thank you for the giving if your time, self and heart here always.
So many have benefited from your giving nature.
Blessings to you and yours.
And thank you for all the support to myself and so many other quitters ❤
Congrats on 5 years quit!!! Thank you for your leadership here!

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #609 on: December 24, 2017, 10:48:00 AM »
5 years ago this morning I had my last dip. I was terrified. For 25 years nicotine had been my go to for celebrations. For sorrows. It had gotten me through arguments and celebrations.

It also had turned me into a liar. A sneaky deceitful guy that made excuses and lied to have an affair with a chopped up plant in a can. I was angry. Fat. Felt bad. On my way to an early heart attack. And I was very unhappy.

5 years ago I had no idea what I was doing. I honestly thought it would be like the other 2,000 times I’d “quit”, and it would have been if I hadn’t found this place. Every day without exception I post roll and I keep my word. Was it hard? Oh fuck yes. Is it hard? Lol... absolutely NOT. For a long time it was. Then things started to click. And quitting has made me a better husband and person.

If I can do this, you can do this. ItÂ’s Christmas Eve. Give yourself and your family the best gift ever. Get your name on roll.

God Bless you all.
Congrats to you Michael! Your quitting exemplifies what KTC is all about. Because for everything it has given to you, you have reached out and shared with a multitude of quitters. I am one of those guys. There is so much to celebrate on Christmas Eve - very much for you this year. Thank you!
Congrats on your 5 years quit Michael.
Thank you for the giving if your time, self and heart here always.
So many have benefited from your giving nature.
Blessings to you and yours.
And thank you for all the support to myself and so many other quitters ❤
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #608 on: December 24, 2017, 09:20:00 AM »

God Bless you all.
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #607 on: December 24, 2017, 09:04:00 AM »

God Bless you all.
Keep on quitting, quitter! I'll have the neck, Clark!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #606 on: December 24, 2017, 08:36:00 AM »

God Bless you all.
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #605 on: December 24, 2017, 08:14:00 AM »

God Bless you all.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #604 on: December 01, 2017, 10:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: tjschu
Quote from: AppleJack
Congrats on the 18th floor to a rock of KTC. Thanks for all your support!

CJ
EDD with you bro!

Well done!
W2w congrats on 1800!
So glad you are a staple here on KTC!!
Nice job Mike. Congrats on 1800
Congrats on 18 floors!
Michael congrats. IÂ’m not sure how many quitters youÂ’ve decided to take a personal interest in, but I would be willing to guess its the most of anyone I know on this site. Such a huge pillar to so many quits.
Congrats W2W!
1800 ... kick ass WTW. 'dance'
When you see W2W heÂ’s always trying to help someone quit or meet Richard Simmons for lunch! Seriously thanks for being with me daily from the get go! The beans are in the mail
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #603 on: December 01, 2017, 08:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

CJ
EDD with you bro!

Well done!
W2w congrats on 1800!
Congrats on 18 floors!
Michael congrats. IÂ’m not sure how many quitters youÂ’ve decided to take a personal interest in, but I would be willing to guess its the most of anyone I know on this site. Such a huge pillar to so many quits.
Congrats W2W!
1800 ... kick ass WTW. 'dance'
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #602 on: November 29, 2017, 08:03:00 AM »

CJ
EDD with you bro!

Well done!
W2w congrats on 1800!
Congrats on 18 floors!
Congrats W2W!

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
« Reply #601 on: November 28, 2017, 09:48:00 PM »

CJ
EDD with you bro!

Well done!
W2w congrats on 1800!
Congrats on 18 floors!

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #600 on: November 28, 2017, 05:28:00 PM »

CJ
EDD with you bro!

Well done!
W2w congrats on 1800!
Congrats on 18 floors!

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #599 on: November 28, 2017, 08:07:00 AM »

CJ
EDD with you bro!

Well done!
W2w congrats on 1800!
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #598 on: November 27, 2017, 09:23:00 PM »

CJ
EDD with you bro!

Well done!
W2w congrats on 1800!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #597 on: November 27, 2017, 05:56:00 PM »

CJ
EDD with you bro!

Well done!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
« Reply #596 on: November 27, 2017, 07:12:00 AM »

CJ
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.