Author Topic: First day without chew is tomorrow.  (Read 659 times)

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Churning the KTC Dookie Butter
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2017
  • Interests: Quitting!
  • Likes Given: 1068
Re: First day without chew is tomorrow.
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 04:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
So I guess he didn't quit? That's the old "I'll quit tomorrow" failure.
That's to bad... looks like he joined back in 2013... He would be free right now, if he would have just posted that day 1..
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 02:42:00 PM »
So I guess he didn't quit? That's the old "I'll quit tomorrow" failure.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Falcon67

• 2017 Decemberist
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Aug 29, 2017
  • Interests: Fishing, archery, Geocaching, Music, Magic
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 01:56:00 PM »
Quote from: FLLipOut
Hey Travis - I hope you are quit today. I don't see a roll post - and that is the price of admission here. br /br /Even if you stumbled and packed one this morning - today can still be a Day 1. Just don't think about it. In fact, your brain is not your best ally in all of this right now - so just do what you know is right - that you've wanted for so damn long. Decide right now to take back your life and stop putting that crap in your mouth. It is hard to believe right now but you can do this, you ARE stronger than a can of dead weeds. If necessary, just push through that first half hour. Then push through the next half hour. And again. And again. Get through one day. Then get up, post Day 2, and make your promise HERE in JUNE 2018 to your new brothers and sisters in quit that you will make it through another day. Lean on them, let them lean on you. We don't do anything "tomorrow" around here. We just do it now and for today cause that's all we have. It sounds ridiculous. It sounds too simple to be true. It sounds like it could never work. But we are all here to tell you IT DOES. I'm 608 days quit - after being a slave to nicotine for over 35 years. br /br /As sucky as it may be right now, I promise this is not your "new normal." Life gets so much better. So take the leap of faith.br /br /br /
Travis the tomorrow thing will never happen -- QUIT RIGHT NOW.

Spit the cat turd out of your mouth -- promise to leave it out of your mount TODAY -- and post roll with that promise. Then tomorrow wake up -- make that promise again and post roll. Repeat repeat repeat! That is the fomula for success around here.

Posting your promise means you will stay QUIT as you just promised your quit brothers and sisters that would keep your word. You know you have lied and broken promises to yourself in the past but NOW you will have all of US here at KTC that you need to be strong for. And we will support you -- break your shoes -- and do whatever it takes to keep you quit.

Post Roll NOW -- and you will open a whole Whup Ass Can of support to help you against the Nic Bitch!

Offline Falcon67

• 2017 Decemberist
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Aug 29, 2017
  • Interests: Fishing, archery, Geocaching, Music, Magic
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 01:55:00 PM »
Quote from: FLLipOut
Hey Travis - I hope you are quit today. I don't see a roll post - and that is the price of admission here.

Even if you stumbled and packed one this morning - today can still be a Day 1. Just don't think about it. In fact, your brain is not your best ally in all of this right now - so just do what you know is right - that you've wanted for so damn long. Decide right now to take back your life and stop putting that crap in your mouth. It is hard to believe right now but you can do this, you ARE stronger than a can of dead weeds. If necessary, just push through that first half hour. Then push through the next half hour. And again. And again. Get through one day. Then get up, post Day 2, and make your promise HERE in JUNE 2018 to your new brothers and sisters in quit that you will make it through another day. Lean on them, let them lean on you. We don't do anything "tomorrow" around here. We just do it now and for today cause that's all we have. It sounds ridiculous. It sounds too simple to be true. It sounds like it could never work. But we are all here to tell you IT DOES. I'm 608 days quit - after being a slave to nicotine for over 35 years.

As sucky as it may be right now, I promise this is not your "new normal." Life gets so much better. So take the leap of faith.

Travis the tomorrow thing will never happen -- QUIT RIGHT NOW.

Spit the cat turd out of your mouth -- promise to leave it out of your mount TODAY -- and post roll with that promise. Then tomorrow wake up -- make that promise again and post roll. Repeat repeat repeat! That is the fomula for success around here.

Posting your promise means you will stay QUIT as you just promised your quit brothers and sisters that would keep your word. You know you have lied and broken promises to yourself in the past but NOW you will have all of US here at KTC that you need to be strong for. And we will support you -- break your shoes -- and do whatever it takes to keep you quit.

Post Roll NOW -- and you will open a whole Whup Ass Can of support to help you against the Nic Bitch!

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2558
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 01:14:00 PM »
Hey Travis - I hope you are quit today. I don't see a roll post - and that is the price of admission here.

Even if you stumbled and packed one this morning - today can still be a Day 1. Just don't think about it. In fact, your brain is not your best ally in all of this right now - so just do what you know is right - that you've wanted for so damn long. Decide right now to take back your life and stop putting that crap in your mouth. It is hard to believe right now but you can do this, you ARE stronger than a can of dead weeds. If necessary, just push through that first half hour. Then push through the next half hour. And again. And again. Get through one day. Then get up, post Day 2, and make your promise HERE in JUNE 2018 to your new brothers and sisters in quit that you will make it through another day. Lean on them, let them lean on you. We don't do anything "tomorrow" around here. We just do it now and for today cause that's all we have. It sounds ridiculous. It sounds too simple to be true. It sounds like it could never work. But we are all here to tell you IT DOES. I'm 608 days quit - after being a slave to nicotine for over 35 years.

As sucky as it may be right now, I promise this is not your "new normal." Life gets so much better. So take the leap of faith.
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline Just Passing Through

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family of course. And when time and money permits, Astros baseball, grilling/smoking, fishing, golf, hunting, and an endless list of projects my wife finds on Pintrest.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 06:05:00 AM »
Travis- today is the day. Jump over to June and Post your Day 1 promise. You've got a bunch of guys going through exactly what you're about too. Been here a few weeks now. It really does fucking help. All you have to do is make it through today. Welcome

Offline Sim1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-03-19
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 12:26:00 AM »
Hi Travis, you can do it!

I am on day 2 of my quit. Coming off of a can-a-day Copenhagen habit. IÂ’m going crazy, but IÂ’m nicotine free!! You can do it.

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 06:22:00 AM »
Quote from: kodiakdeath
Hey Travis, welcome. Everyone here was in your shoes and we all want to quit and help you quit. I am 48, chewed for 34, and quit now 12 days.
If you quit on 3/20 you are in the June HOF quit group. Go here tomorrow to post roll on day 1 and make your promise. You will find all the support you will ever need.
topic/30505359/
Life saving decision Travis, well done. Do not compromise the promise you just made to yourself. Stay close to the sight. Read, get involved, post your promise daily, get 3 contacts immediately. We quit here every day. You need 3 contacts from the outset for one simple yet vital reason: You have to ask, and get, permission to cave from those 3 contacts BEFORE you give up on yourself. If you have family, make sure they know you will be going through withdrawal symptoms and will not be yourself. You will be an irritable dickhead with a short fuse. Make sure they know why. I will not wish you luck but I will quit with you every day.

Offline kodiakdeath

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/9/2018
  • Likes Given: 533
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 01:30:00 AM »
Hey Travis, welcome. Everyone here was in your shoes and we all want to quit and help you quit. I am 48, chewed for 34, and quit now 12 days.
If you quit on 3/20 you are in the June HOF quit group. Go here tomorrow to post roll on day 1 and make your promise. You will find all the support you will ever need.
topic/30505359/
Intro     HOF speech
You gotta start somewhere, glad you started here with us! - Athan, March 10, 2018
Quitters I've had the honor to meet: rogerpersson, bigrick_2u, MattyB, skolvikings, SRains918, gottadoit, BluManChew, jp3, JohnSmallberries, arrakisdq, Keith0657, Rich1985, CDA-rj, Peter Gibbons, Doc Petey, Athan

Offline telmore

• Quit Date: 2018-03-20
  • Interests: Dirt biking, video games, dogs
  • Likes Given: 0
First day without chew is tomorrow.
« on: March 20, 2018, 12:25:00 AM »
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Travis and I have chewed for 30 years. I'm 45 now and started when I was 15. Now I'm quitting cold turkey and would appreciate any support I can get...very nervous.

Thank you!