Author Topic: Day 2  (Read 447 times)

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 211
Re: Day 2
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 11:38:00 AM »
Awesome Hundy!!!! Congrats on a great accomplishment. See you at 101!

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »
So you and your wife quit the nic bitch together and now she freakin caved? Was she posting on the site as well? Damn proud to see that Day 37 post today even though wifey is out tongueing the nic stick

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »
you asked about smokeless alternatives in chat then bolted so I wanted to leave you with this little nugget:

Smokeless Alternatives

The above link should answer your questions. Some quitters swear by the fake dips, other swear against it...to each their own. I used it and it helped me quit so that is the best I can answer.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 04:06:00 PM »
Quote from: kasper50
Quote from: chefshwn
Day 2, Things are real foggy But I choose today to speak to others with CONFIDENCE THAT MY BREATH DOESNT SMELL LIKE crap!!!!!!!!!!
I'm halfway through day two myself and my brain is running on half-power, but this is still easier than yesterday. Slow Deep breaths help a bunch.
Good work guys. Post your word. Keep your word. Repeat.
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline kasper50

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »
Day 2, Things are real foggy But I choose today to speak to others with CONFIDENCE THAT MY BREATH DOESNT SMELL LIKE crap!!!!!!!!!!
I'm halfway through day two myself and my brain is running on half-power, but this is still easier than yesterday. Slow Deep breaths help a bunch.

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 12:45:00 PM »
Awesome Chef. Your in the right place and I can definitely relate to not worrying about nasty dip breath. Gets better every day. Jump on in. Post roll and let's get your quit rolling !!!

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 11:31:00 AM »
Congrats on quitting chef! its one of the toughest things to do in the early part of your quit but I promise it is SO worth it! It will get better, but just take it one day at a time, or even 1 minute at a time if you need to.

Find some oral distractions, like sunflower seeds, atomic fireballs, jolly ranchers, or fake/herbal chew. Anything that does not contain nicotine is fine. Just find something that works for you.

I highly recommend exercising too - it will relieve the stress and anxiety you are feeling right now.

Go here and learn about this site, and how to post roll:
index.php?showforum=13

if you have any other questions or need help with something, just ask!

Rick
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
41st floor: 3/28/2024

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »
Congrats, now spend some time figuring out how to post roll, read all you can, get to know your fellow quitters and get some of their numbers to call when you think the pain is nearly unbearable.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline chefshwn

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing,
Day 2
« on: January 02, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »