Author Topic: D-Day 02/01/08 2:45 PST  (Read 11896 times)

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: D-Day 02/01/08 2:45 PST
« Reply #484 on: June 04, 2018, 12:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
Ready - Day 3771

Cancer is a very real threat. As of this date, I am cancer free. Some have not been so fortunate. Help if you can.

Kenny's most recent update

His Gofundme site
Thank you to all that donated and that have donated in the past. I know everyone has their own issues. It is great to see people helping others, even when those others are complete strangers to you. Makes me proud!

Great people here!

Stay quit and enjoy your freedom!

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #483 on: May 29, 2018, 12:30:00 PM »
Ready - Day 3771

Cancer is a very real threat. As of this date, I am cancer free. Some have not been so fortunate. Help if you can.

Kenny's most recent update

His Gofundme site

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #482 on: April 29, 2018, 04:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Rawls
Ready - Day 3,740

Quitting is worth it!

It's a great day to be alive!

10 years..... Salty....... Good.
Appreciate your Quit.
Rawls 1257
Two of my favorite quitters in the same post. It's like.......gold.
Thanks for giving back so much you two!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #481 on: April 29, 2018, 01:09:00 AM »
Ready - Day 3,740

Quitting is worth it!

10 years..... Salty....... Good.
Appreciate your Quit.
Rawls 1257
I believe.....

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #480 on: April 28, 2018, 11:15:00 AM »
Ready - Day 3,740

Quitting is worth it!

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #479 on: April 10, 2018, 12:36:00 AM »
Quote from: Doofus
Day 86 bro, proud with you
Congrats on 86 days of freedom!!!

It gets better!!!

You can do this!

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #478 on: April 09, 2018, 09:38:00 PM »
Day 86 bro, proud with you

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #477 on: April 01, 2018, 12:16:00 PM »
Thank you for showing us all the way. Proud to quit with you today. ODAAT

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #476 on: April 01, 2018, 02:44:00 AM »
Ready - Day Three Thousand Seven Hundred and Thirteen

Random thought...

I see so many potential quitters logged on quite often. They are listed as "Guest". Recently they can number over a hundred browsing the site at all hours. That tells me there are many people out there who want to quit. But they don't. I know why. Quitting is hard. There is no magic pill. It's not quick and it's not easy, at first. But it can be done. And you would not believe how much it is worth it. If you took a poll of quitters on this site, I'm guessing you would get north of 98% saying they wish they would have quit years and years ago. They would lament all the time wasted being a slave when the answer was right here.

There is no reason to delay quitting. You may think you have good reasons not to quit this instant. But that's simply a lie. It's a convenient lie for sure. It's much easier to feed the master.

One last thing,

Quitting requires a daily dose of posting roll and keeping your word. That's the minimum. It can be done that way. But getting involved here and getting to know other quitters greatly enhances your ability to remain quit. If no one will notice that you have missed a day, you're probably on the wrong path.

I post roll, I keep my word. That shit works.

Those that don't, well, let's just say we've seen them return after locking themselves back up, sometimes for years.

That won't be me!

There are a few people who would notice if I didn't turn up. And they would come looking.

Thank you!

Don't ever think it's not your place to put me in check if I'm not on roll!

This place works!

Ready steps off is soap box

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #475 on: March 24, 2018, 12:59:00 AM »
Ready - Day 3,704

I've been quit on this site for over ten years. I've had the privilege and honor of being asked to serve as both a mod and an admin. I'm still baffled by how well this place works if you are ready to quit. This place works.

Be advised, there is no magic pill and there is no cure.

But there is freedom to be had here. If your word of honor means something, you too can quit.

Post roll giving your word for today that you will not use nicotine in any way, shape or form. Keep your word. Whatever it takes.

You will find the help here you need. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of people that understand exactly what you are going through. Most of them will drop whatever they are doing to help you stay quit. All of this and it's free too!

The knowledge and insight on this site can not be equaled anywhere.

If you are reading this, you may be contemplating quitting. Just know that you are not alone. We know! We can help. But you must do the heavy lifting. We can't quit for you. We will quit with you.

I don't think you can imagine right now how great your quality of life can be. You probably do not realize how much nicotine has taken from you. You may not want to hear this, but you are a slave. And you as well as friends and loved ones are suffering for your addiction.

You can quit!

You will not regret it!

It will be one of the hardest things you have ever done. It will also be one of the most rewarding things you have ever done.

It's going to suck for awhile (you will pay the price) but your freedom is worth it!

Online FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2558
« Reply #474 on: February 04, 2018, 03:19:00 PM »
Quote from: wildirish317
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Candoit
Quote from: BrianG
Quote from: batdad
Quote from: DonkeyMN
Quote from: ChristopherJ
Quote from: ChickDip
Ready - Day 3,654 (Ten Years Today)

I recall that I had wanted to quit for years. I tried to quit many many times. I tried and tried. I failed every single time. I recall being so angry at myself that I couldn't quit. I was frustrated. I was a damn slave and I knew it. And that really disgusted me.

On February 1, 2008, I discovered this site and my life changed forever!

The greatest change for me was the absolute transformation of my quality of life. I will never get back All of the time I spent feeding the master while disregarding everything important in my life.

I would not be quit without the members of this site.

A special thanks to my May 2008 Brothers in the TTF! Thanks redtrain14, RC and Corn for always being there!

A very special thanks to the mods and admins who spend quite a bit of their own time doing what needs to be done to make this site what it is...The best place in the entire world to quit and stay quit!

You can do this!
Congrats on 10 years quit!!
This is an amazing milestone! Congrats and thanks Ready.
A Decaquit of excellent proportions! May 08 TTF rocks!
Congrats on the decade of quit!!! Thanks for staying around and helping us all quit!!
Congrats Ready!! Thanks for the support to me and thanks for the example that you are for the site. Much respect for you and what you do.

Never Again For Any Reason!!
Well done! 10 years! Thank you for showing us the way.
Attaboy ready! Thanks for paving the quit road
'oh yeah' Grats Ready, when the boards have needed a cool head, you've always stepped up.

Thank you!
A belated congrats, Ready! Thanks for paving the way for all of us!!!
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #473 on: February 01, 2018, 07:28:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964

I recall that I had wanted to quit for years. I tried to quit many many times. I tried and tried. I failed every single time. I recall being so angry at myself that I couldn't quit. I was frustrated. I was a damn slave and I knew it. And that really disgusted me.

The greatest change for me was the absolute transformation of my quality of life. I will never get back All of the time I spent feeding the master while disregarding everything important in my life.

A special thanks to my May 2008 Brothers in the TTF! Thanks redtrain14, RC and Corn for always being there!

A very special thanks to the mods and admins who spend quite a bit of their own time doing what needs to be done to make this site what it is...The best place in the entire world to quit and stay quit!

You can do this!
Congrats on the decade of quit!!! Thanks for staying around and helping us all quit!!
Congrats Ready!! Thanks for the support to me and thanks for the example that you are for the site. Much respect for you and what you do.

'oh yeah' Grats Ready, when the boards have needed a cool head, you've always stepped up.

Thank you!
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #472 on: February 01, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »

You can do this!

Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #471 on: February 01, 2018, 06:51:00 PM »

You can do this!

There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #470 on: February 01, 2018, 04:42:00 PM »

You can do this!

He who has a why can bear almost any how.