Author Topic: Done Browsing...  (Read 923 times)

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Done Browsing...
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 09:29:00 AM »
Quote from: fwhammer
Another milestone.....158 days quit...$1,003 saved! Hey nic bitch... 'Remshot'
Congrats! Freedom feels good doesn't it?
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline fwhammer

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »
Another milestone.....158 days quit...$1,003 saved! Hey nic bitch... 'Remshot'

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 03:02:00 PM »
Nothing better than having a quick convo or a text from a vet quitter....very very powerful.
MikeA and DennyX save my life everyday!!! these are vets of quit who don't know me from you, but they know the same enemy as us all.
You're in the right house fwhammer! This family will love the quit right out of you!!
This community is more powerful than any amount of $$ could ever buy.
The quit is real, the method is simple.
It will take the blinders right off of your minds' eye, if you let it. seeing what is really real instead of the daze and fog of a life we have led.
Glad to be quit with you and all of my brothers here at KTC...like chewie says, "we make decisions everyday, we decide our quit, noone can do it for us"!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Coach
Good advice....I'll take it.
Good man. We'd never lead you astray brother.

Quit Like Fuck.
Day 40 and the nic bitch is all over me today. I have not had her on me like this since day 5. The only thing it seems that keeps me quit today is the post from this morning and my September quit group pledge. QLF
You have phone numbers of some guys you can text? If you don't, I'd suggest you get some. Send out a text to a few of them and let them know you are having a bad day. You'd be surprised how much better a quick convo can make you feel.

Day 40 craves are no different than day 5. Water, exercise, willpower. We are all here and quit with you hammer.

Offline fwhammer

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »

Quit Like Fuck.
Day 40 and the nic bitch is all over me today. I have not had her on me like this since day 5. The only thing it seems that keeps me quit today is the post from this morning and my September quit group pledge. QLF

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 04:09:00 PM »

Quit Like Fuck.
Make Your Decision

Offline fwhammer

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 04:04:00 PM »
Yes (one dipper) and there will be alcohol.  The round of golf had two dippers and a few beers.  I actually felt bad for them.  No problem for me on that occasion but your point is well taken and appreciated.  I may bow out even though I was looking forward to selling this board.
Be careful "selling" KTC to people you hang out with regularly. I suggest that you mention it to them, perhaps show them some of the content and let them make their own decision. Not that we don't want people to quit, it's just that KTC isn't for everyone and we wouldn't want any real life drama between you and your buddies over some shit going down here. Make sense?

As for beer and poker. Skip it. It isn't considered cool to see how much you can resist being faced with temptation while drinking. No one on KTC is going to commend you for playing poker and drinking beer around tobacco users, especially early in your quit. What we would commend you for is not putting yourself in that situation to begin with. There will come a day when you can look tobacco in the eye and tell her to fuck off. Day 27 isn't that day. Just my 2 cents.
I second that!!!!

Do something else protect your quit like you would protect your most prescious property!!!

Right now its Quit Like Fuck and nothing else!

Stay Strong, Focused  QUIT!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline pavetheway

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 04:04:00 PM »
Yes (one dipper) and there will be alcohol.  The round of golf had two dippers and a few beers.  I actually felt bad for them.  No problem for me on that occasion but your point is well taken and appreciated.  I may bow out even though I was looking forward to selling this board.
Be careful "selling" KTC to people you hang out with regularly. I suggest that you mention it to them, perhaps show them some of the content and let them make their own decision. Not that we don't want people to quit, it's just that KTC isn't for everyone and we wouldn't want any real life drama between you and your buddies over some shit going down here. Make sense?

As for beer and poker. Skip it. It isn't considered cool to see how much you can resist being faced with temptation while drinking. No one on KTC is going to commend you for playing poker and drinking beer around tobacco users, especially early in your quit. What we would commend you for is not putting yourself in that situation to begin with. There will come a day when you can look tobacco in the eye and tell her to fuck off. Day 27 isn't that day. Just my 2 cents.
Cold, hard truth being relayed right here.

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
Yes (one dipper) and there will be alcohol. The round of golf had two dippers and a few beers. I actually felt bad for them. No problem for me on that occasion but your point is well taken and appreciated. I may bow out even though I was looking forward to selling this board.

Make Your Decision

Offline fwhammer

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »
Yes (one dipper) and there will be alcohol. The round of golf had two dippers and a few beers. I actually felt bad for them. No problem for me on that occasion but your point is well taken and appreciated. I may bow out even though I was looking forward to selling this board.

Offline shoogie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Sports, Video Games, Woodworking, Motorcycles
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 03:18:00 PM »
Do you play poker with dippers? Will there be alcohol there? If yes, then I would highly recommend skipping this one seeing as you are so early in your quit.

Offline fwhammer

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »
Day 27 and so far have dealt with many triggers.....drive to and from work, any open time between meetings at work, stress triggers, any errand run without the family, after eating....you get the picture. I got through a round of golf this week and Friday will be a big test....Poker with the boys. Looking forward to kicking the bitch the curb. Maybe I'll bring a few more quitters to the board on Saturday. 'na na'

Offline Stand W

• Quitter
  • Interests: finance, politics, the right type of football, quitting
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 11:23:00 AM »
I found this website 26 days ago and you badass quitters must have made some impression on me because I am now 25 days quit by simply reading your comments and coming to the realization that i am not alone in this effort to rid my life of this scourge.  Simple pleasures like running an errand for my wife, because I should, not because I need to buy another tin to get a fix are coming back.  Spent all day with the kids on Sunday without the thought or need to make an excuse to 'get away' for a dip.  I also have experienced powerful cravings and yes, the dreaded dip dream (thought I had actually caved until I woke up in bed) which prompted me to get off my ass and get signed up.  32 years and countless hours wasted on this crap comes to an end now.
Welcome man, let me know if you need anything. Best decision of your life.

The best advice I can offer with my puny 6 days old quit is:
1) Dont think in terms of forever or "from now on". Think today only. I can't convieve of forever, but I can do today.
2) Types of advice you can get here (especially from HOFers)
a) Friendly advice
B) mildly hostile advice
c) downright insulting advice.
It's all good advice and works the same. After a few days of reading, reading reading, it begins to sink in deep. So, yeah, read.

I won't wish you luck since luck is for losers. But Ill gladly quit with you today. And then tomorrow we can post roll and Ill quit with you then, too.
Alea jacta est - The die is cast

Offline Buddy Mac

• Quitter
  • Interests: My two daughters and wife, watching all sports, playing golf
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
I found this website 26 days ago and you badass quitters must have made some impression on me because I am now 25 days quit by simply reading your comments and coming to the realization that i am not alone in this effort to rid my life of this scourge. Simple pleasures like running an errand for my wife, because I should, not because I need to buy another tin to get a fix are coming back. Spent all day with the kids on Sunday without the thought or need to make an excuse to 'get away' for a dip. I also have experienced powerful cravings and yes, the dreaded dip dream (thought I had actually caved until I woke up in bed) which prompted me to get off my ass and get signed up. 32 years and countless hours wasted on this crap comes to an end now.
Welcome man, let me know if you need anything. Best decision of your life.
Buddy Mac