Author Topic: The Dentist  (Read 237 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: The Dentist
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
Quote from: ccjohnny1
Hello everyone my name is Johnny. I began chewing tobacco when I was in the restaurant industry many years ago. I was a can of Skoal Mint dipper a day for over 14 years. My quit date September 28, 2012--662 days ago. Yes I still feel cravings every now and again but it's days like today that keep me away from it. This morning I visited the dentist for the 1st time in over 15 years....why? Because I knew and know the possibilities and consequences of dipping. I rationalized that if I never went to the dentist that I couldn't get any bad news and didn't have to listen to anyone tell me to quit. Many years later....I got the courage to go this morning. Yes, I was extremely nervous. Yes, I was extremely scared. I needed to go, my wife has been on me for years; so I went. Scared out of my mind I arrive 1st thing this morning. I had the nicest greeting ever and was introduced to the nicest dental hygienist ever. She cleaned my teeth, ran xrays, and examined me with a huge surprised look on her face that I hadn't been to the dentist in so long. I was extremely lucky. She said that most people with my dental background would have to have been sedated for a deep cleaning. Yes I have to go back a few times next week because I have 8 cavities BUT it could have been much worse. I was stupid for staying away for so long. Heck, insurance pays for 2 cleanings a year, now I'm gonna be out several hundred dollars out of my pocket. Don't be like me. Being scared is okay, but I should have sucked it up and went years ago.

North Carolina Quitter
This is a great post. Would you be interested in joining the site? Anyone with 662 days of quit can surely help the Day 1 quitter. All we ask is that you post roll with us daily, your group would be January 2013. PM me for details.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline ccjohnny1

• Quit Date: 2012-09-28
  • Likes Given: 0
The Dentist
« on: July 21, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »
Hello everyone my name is Johnny. I began chewing tobacco when I was in the restaurant industry many years ago. I was a can of Skoal Mint dipper a day for over 14 years. My quit date September 28, 2012--662 days ago. Yes I still feel cravings every now and again but it's days like today that keep me away from it. This morning I visited the dentist for the 1st time in over 15 years....why? Because I knew and know the possibilities and consequences of dipping. I rationalized that if I never went to the dentist that I couldn't get any bad news and didn't have to listen to anyone tell me to quit. Many years later....I got the courage to go this morning. Yes, I was extremely nervous. Yes, I was extremely scared. I needed to go, my wife has been on me for years; so I went. Scared out of my mind I arrive 1st thing this morning. I had the nicest greeting ever and was introduced to the nicest dental hygienist ever. She cleaned my teeth, ran xrays, and examined me with a huge surprised look on her face that I hadn't been to the dentist in so long. I was extremely lucky. She said that most people with my dental background would have to have been sedated for a deep cleaning. Yes I have to go back a few times next week because I have 8 cavities BUT it could have been much worse. I was stupid for staying away for so long. Heck, insurance pays for 2 cleanings a year, now I'm gonna be out several hundred dollars out of my pocket. Don't be like me. Being scared is okay, but I should have sucked it up and went years ago.

North Carolina Quitter