Author Topic: I need help...  (Read 3024 times)

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: I need help...
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2019, 10:16:09 PM »
Going through alot of personal BS today Im finding it real hard not to put a dip in I guess I'm here to remind my self iv went 22 days straight I'm gonna keep fighting through this but damn this hard....I guess you call it a stress craving(is that a thing?) This really sucks.....

Hey man, dipping is never a solution.  It’s just a problem.  Problems require solutions.  We all have personal shit going on in one form or fashion, I promise you.  Can you imagine going through that first week again?  Go for a walk, talk to someone, anything but dip bro.  Shoot me a PM and I’ll give you my number if you want it.

Ruthless

Stress is one of the major triggers for most people. You're not used to dealing with it without dip, so this is completely normal. Keep up the quit and remember that one problem plus dip equals two problems.
You have to rewire your brain, or more accurately, give it time to rewire.  It takes 200 days or so, depending on the addict.  Which means 200 days, plus or minus 200 days. 

Focus on today.  Focus on right now.  You made a promise this morning, right?  What was that promise?  Keep it.  It's that simple.  It's that hard.

In your past, any chaos was an excuse to put a dip in your mouth.

Guess what?  Your past doesn't exist.  You have memories, but your past doesn't exist.  It's gone.  All you have is now, the present, and your imagination.  Use your imagination now, to shape your future.  It's all you can do.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline Peter Gibbons

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6-17-2018
  • Likes Given: 821
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2019, 10:09:08 PM »
Going through alot of personal BS today Im finding it real hard not to put a dip in I guess I'm here to remind my self iv went 22 days straight I'm gonna keep fighting through this but damn this hard....I guess you call it a stress craving(is that a thing?) This really sucks.....

Hey man, dipping is never a solution.  It’s just a problem.  Problems require solutions.  We all have personal shit going on in one form or fashion, I promise you.  Can you imagine going through that first week again?  Go for a walk, talk to someone, anything but dip bro.  Shoot me a PM and I’ll give you my number if you want it.

Ruthless

Stress is one of the major triggers for most people. You're not used to dealing with it without dip, so this is completely normal. Keep up the quit and remember that one problem plus dip equals two problems.

Offline Ruthless

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date : 29 May 2019
  • Likes Given: 558
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2019, 09:14:38 PM »

Ruthless
Remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  If you fail, learn why you failed and try something different!

My HoF Speech

Offline Jmay2020

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 25
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 08:38:36 PM »

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2019, 08:36:59 PM »
The people I have talked to so far have been alot  help it's been 9 days now

Friends and people I work with are all saying I'm gonna cave but they can kiss my ass  I'm done with this shit in the stupid round can.

J,
There was little that was more motivating in my quit than someone stating I would cave, laughing at my attempt to better myself. Balking at my attempt to escape the chains that bound me.  WHEW, you want to talk about motivation, that was it (not that I need any additional).  I remind them everyday I see them because there is little more invigorating than looking them in the eyes and stating “guess what today is ... 316 days of freedom, 316 days of some believing I couldn’t do it”.  I won’t continue with my other statements to them ;)

I bet I can guess what else you say to them.  roflmao roflmao
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Aumegrad

• Quitter
    • INTRO
  • Quit Date: 7/23/18
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 07:14:49 PM »

Friends and people I work with are all saying I'm gonna cave but they can kiss my ass  I'm done with this shit in the stupid round can.

J,
There was little that was more motivating in my quit than someone stating I would cave, laughing at my attempt to better myself. Balking at my attempt to escape the chains that bound me.  WHEW, you want to talk about motivation, that was it (not that I need any additional).  I remind them everyday I see them because there is little more invigorating than looking them in the eyes and stating “guess what today is ... 316 days of freedom, 316 days of some believing I couldn’t do it”.  I won’t continue with my other statements to them ;)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 07:17:44 PM by Aumegrad »
Who is Aumegrad ???? ...

What were his thoughts at 100 days ???? ... [url=http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=722.0]HoF

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2019, 10:26:10 PM »
Fuck those people who think you are going to cave.   You arent quitting for them anyway, you’re quitting for you.   So if you think you can stay strong...that’s all that counts.   Stick with the KTC plan.   Post your daily promise, grind all day, sleep, repeat.   Doing this everyday helps build discipline.   And discipline is a giant tool against your craves.   Don’t get lazy, and you will beat this.   Good luck!

Offline Jmay2020

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2019, 07:04:42 PM »
So you need help???

We can do that very tbing but you have to be willing to jelp yourself as well.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 03:42:34 PM »
So you need help???

We can do that very tbing but you have to be willing to jelp yourself as well.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline xtryingx

• Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 08:15:15 AM »
 It's hard to overstate, but you definitely never want to go through this again. Keep posting roll, keep celebrating every single day you stay nicotine free.

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/8/2019
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 10:13:46 PM »
Keep grinding through the suck Justin.  You got this.

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 02:24:07 PM »
August 2019 HOF Quit Group is the place to go and post your promise not to use nicotine for the rest of the day. Wake up tomorrow and do the same thing.

https://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=14197.0
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline Jmay2020

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 02:24:02 PM »
Hey Justin—it’s already been said but I’ll say it again. Yes, this part sucks. Big time. One way I tried to look at it though is that I NEVER have to go through this again if I stay quit. It’s once and done. Don’t try to think ahead. Simply think in the here and now. ODAAT-One Day At A Time. Make sure you are doing this for you, first and foremost. Come in here early and often. POST ROLL!!   It’s a promise you make that for that day, nicotine is off the table as an option. We do it as soon as we wake up. Just live moment to moment right now and you will be fine. PM me for anything and my digits are also a simple PM away. This is tough. But it is sooooo rewarding. Nothing worth having ever came easy. And this is no exception. Stay strong brother. Dawgs aka Nathan...108 days clean

That's a good way to look at and I appreciate you all and your willingness to help. Its gonna be a hard road but I got this.

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 01:25:25 AM »
Hey Justin—it’s already been said but I’ll say it again. Yes, this part sucks. Big time. One way I tried to look at it though is that I NEVER have to go through this again if I stay quit. It’s once and done. Don’t try to think ahead. Simply think in the here and now. ODAAT-One Day At A Time. Make sure you are doing this for you, first and foremost. Come in here early and often. POST ROLL!!   It’s a promise you make that for that day, nicotine is off the table as an option. We do it as soon as we wake up. Just live moment to moment right now and you will be fine. PM me for anything and my digits are also a simple PM away. This is tough. But it is sooooo rewarding. Nothing worth having ever came easy. And this is no exception. Stay strong brother. Dawgs aka Nathan...108 days clean

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/8/2019
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 09:48:09 PM »
You can do this Justin. I dipped for 25 years and I’m 39.  I’m now 104 days quit.  It will suck, the fog is real.  Think about all of these symptoms, and messed up that is.  Why would anyone want to put something in their body that causes this kind of detox?  We were all idiots, and we’ve all gone through what you are going through now.

You’ve got this.  Wake Up Piss Post, make the decision to quit right away every morning, take nic off the table.  Use seeds, jolly ranchers, lots of water, work outs, rage on here, get digits and use them, as weird as that sounds to reach out to strangers.  The guys on here have been where you are and want to help you quit.

Gunnar