Author Topic: my final quit  (Read 15719 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1970
Re: my final quit
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2019, 05:29:55 PM »
I haven't felt any real cravings until yesterday. Just a boredom in general really.
Have a plan because they will be back. Feel free pm me. Happy  to support.
Jan19

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-04-15
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2019, 04:20:53 PM »
I haven't felt any real cravings until yesterday. Just a boredom in general really.
Parputt "One is one too many
One more is never enough"

30yraddict "Doing it for one day proves that you are capable.
Your addict brain is going to try to convince you otherwise.
But you know better.
Addiction is beat one day at a time by the power of NO. "

Online Hunter4life

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10-14-19
  • Interests: Hunting
  • Likes Given: 480
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2019, 10:24:17 PM »
Hunter4life the "this isn't day care" line was golden.

I was thinking way too far into it.

What do you think of the idea of using other habits in order to replace the nicotine habit?

@gottadoit3, I think it depends on the person. My thoughts are give everything up.

By habits, I’m assuming you mean baccoff, grinds, seeds, etc. simply put, give it all up. Its like a teenage boy with a prom date. The only way to totally and surely prevent the deed from occurring is to remove the date. You can try everything to prevent it and it can still happen.

Having something to tide me over left me in a state of untrustworthiness. It’s something I had to do.
100 days 1-21-2020, 2nd Floor 4-30-20, 3rd Floor 8-8-20

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2019, 11:59:40 AM »

What do you think of the idea of using other habits in order to replace the nicotine habit?

gotta,

The only habit you have with nicotine, is you like to put shit in your mouth.  The only things that should go in your mouth are food, beverage and a good woman (or man, depending on your gender and/or sexual preference).  The rest nicotine is your addiction. 

Find a good hobbie you can do in place of dipping and use fake and/or seeds, gum and candy as long as you need to.  You will eventually ween yourself off of them naturally.

QLF with you today.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline gottadoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 5/5/2017
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2019, 10:42:46 AM »

Nicotine ADDICTION

Not habit. Have you admitted to yourself that your an addict yet? You need to.

Dip substitutes are fine though.. sunflower seeds, gum, tooth picks, fake dip.. whatever you need. Anything but nicotine.
My favorites are Teaza and Grinds.  If you go to the Teaza website and sign up, they are always sending discount codes for 25%-30% off if you order from their website.  You can also get both of them on Amazon.  To your door in a day or two.
"Get Busy Quittin' or Get Busy Dying"

My Introduction

My HOF Speech

Offline gottadoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2019, 10:39:35 AM »
@gottadoit, I’m not saying you will never be successful quitting without this site, but if you follow instructions and advice to a Tee, you will be successful with us and KTC. It’s just like if you are sick and the doctor gives you meds. If you take half of the meds every other day, will your infection disappear? Maybe, maybe not, but it may come back. If you follow the directions, it’s gone for good. That’s just what all the others are trying to say in their own way.

I’m 39. In the 24 years I’ve been dipping, I never could quit for more than 4 days. So you see, I started at KTC worse off than you. I’m on day 37 and killing it. That’s never been done before. I just followed everyone’s advice and found some friends that suited me in the attitude sector, and stuck with em. You are not expected to get along with everyone. This isn’t day care. Find some guys that you you described and watch their back too.

You can’t think that you will make it on your own. Get some digits, make those text promises, post roll, promise someone dear to you DAILY, and take it ODAAT. You need something, I’m here. Get started and carry on.

@Hunter4life

Tagging @gottadoit3 instead of me.

Thanks,
gottadoit - 929 days nic free

Sorry @gottadoit, by the looks of things, you’ve done done it. Lol. My apologies.
No worries @Hunter4life.  Not the first time it's happened.  Proud to be quit with you!!!

My Introduction

My HOF Speech

Offline Sand44

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: Oct 17, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1092
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2019, 07:09:03 AM »

Nicotine ADDICTION

Not habit. Have you admitted to yourself that your an addict yet? You need to.

Dip substitutes are fine though.. sunflower seeds, gum, tooth picks, fake dip.. whatever you need. Anything but nicotine.

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2019, 01:24:38 AM »

But you know better.

Online Hunter4life

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2019, 07:37:13 PM »
@gottadoit, I’m not saying you will never be successful quitting without this site, but if you follow instructions and advice to a Tee, you will be successful with us and KTC. It’s just like if you are sick and the doctor gives you meds. If you take half of the meds every other day, will your infection disappear? Maybe, maybe not, but it may come back. If you follow the directions, it’s gone for good. That’s just what all the others are trying to say in their own way.

I’m 39. In the 24 years I’ve been dipping, I never could quit for more than 4 days. So you see, I started at KTC worse off than you. I’m on day 37 and killing it. That’s never been done before. I just followed everyone’s advice and found some friends that suited me in the attitude sector, and stuck with em. You are not expected to get along with everyone. This isn’t day care. Find some guys that you you described and watch their back too.

You can’t think that you will make it on your own. Get some digits, make those text promises, post roll, promise someone dear to you DAILY, and take it ODAAT. You need something, I’m here. Get started and carry on.

@Hunter4life

Thanks,

Sorry @gottadoit, by the looks of things, you’ve done done it. Lol. My apologies.

Offline gottadoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2019, 05:13:46 PM »

@Hunter4life

Thanks,

My Introduction

My HOF Speech

Online Hunter4life

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2019, 04:04:47 PM »

Online Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
Re: .
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2019, 09:46:06 AM »
You know, I don't really give a damn what you say about me. Use me as an example of a failure. Use me in posts to point out what a failure of a quitter looks like. I don't give a damn. Truthfully, if it helps to motivate someone else to stay quit then that's good. Now sure, I hate the fact that I've caved so many times of course. But I can't do a single thing to change the past. I can only do something differently each and every day that I'm alive here on this earth. And that really is that backbone of posting roll every day is it not? To make a daily promise - to break it down into just the simple concept of the "now" or merely "one" as opposed to tomorrow, a month from now, a year from now, etc.

What I'd really like you all to understand is that condescension and ridicule may be keeping folks from being in the brotherhood that is KTC.

Let us get this straight right here right now. Just because you are no longer succumbing to your addictions and someone else currently is, that doesn't make you any better than them! Just because you haven't caved and someone else has does not make you a better person than them! And you acting like it does in fact does NOT make it so!

Now, I don't expect to be understood at all with this post. In fact, the opposite. Just like I said in a previous post on the forums, I expect to be ridiculed, mocked, belittled, criticized, etc. And my point is to not say that that is ENTIRELY bad. In fact it may be good in some situations...

However, different people are gonna respond to different things in different situations, and you all belittling people on an anonymous message board dedicated to quitting dip frankly just makes you seem weak.

There are two (maybe three) people who stick out in my mind from this forum that make me want to NEVER give up in my quit. And I won't name them here right off. But they don't condescend, mock, and belittle. They are patient and kind. And that may be what some need.

If you think it's cool to insult me on this anonymous message board, go ahead. It makes you seem lame. I'll still be telling kids every day to quit dip when I see em' with a dip in their mouth. I'll still be tellin' kids to stop smoking cigarettes while they're 2 years in as opposed to 10!

Go ahead, use as an example - I'll still be quit! And I'll still effect change in people in my day to day life.

Bet.

"Use me as an example of a failure."

I would rather use you as an example of success. I know you can stay quit. Do the things KTC recommends -- double down on them...put extra effort in-- and you will succeed and you can be successful today! Today's all you have anyhow. It's all any of us have.

So instead of bitching and moaning about what other people are saying, why don't you quit dwelling on, and rise above, failure mode? You don't have any control over them, only yourself.

Now start "being" a quitter, and continue to do so, and you will succeed.
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2019, 11:38:45 PM »
You know, I don't really give a damn what you say about me. Use me as an example of a failure. Use me in posts to point out what a failure of a quitter looks like. I don't give a damn. Truthfully, if it helps to motivate someone else to stay quit then that's good. Now sure, I hate the fact that I've caved so many times of course. But I can't do a single thing to change the past. I can only do something differently each and every day that I'm alive here on this earth. And that really is that backbone of posting roll every day is it not? To make a daily promise - to break it down into just the simple concept of the "now" or merely "one" as opposed to tomorrow, a month from now, a year from now, etc.

What I'd really like you all to understand is that condescension and ridicule may be keeping folks from being in the brotherhood that is KTC.

Let us get this straight right here right now. Just because you are no longer succumbing to your addictions and someone else currently is, that doesn't make you any better than them! Just because you haven't caved and someone else has does not make you a better person than them! And you acting like it does in fact does NOT make it so!

Now, I don't expect to be understood at all with this post. In fact, the opposite. Just like I said in a previous post on the forums, I expect to be ridiculed, mocked, belittled, criticized, etc. And my point is to not say that that is ENTIRELY bad. In fact it may be good in some situations...

However, different people are gonna respond to different things in different situations, and you all belittling people on an anonymous message board dedicated to quitting dip frankly just makes you seem weak.

There are two (maybe three) people who stick out in my mind from this forum that make me want to NEVER give up in my quit. And I won't name them here right off. But they don't condescend, mock, and belittle. They are patient and kind. And that may be what some need.

If you think it's cool to insult me on this anonymous message board, go ahead. It makes you seem lame. I'll still be telling kids every day to quit dip when I see em' with a dip in their mouth. I'll still be tellin' kids to stop smoking cigarettes while they're 2 years in as opposed to 10!

Go ahead, use as an example - I'll still be quit! And I'll still effect change in people in my day to day life.

Bet.

But you know better.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2019, 03:09:54 PM »
Please tell me we’re not allowing this fool to “try” again.

Please?
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2019, 12:55:42 PM »
I think this one is his final final final final quit.