Community > General Discussion

General Discussion - 2019

<< < (2/54) > >>

chewie:

--- Quote from: Steve624 on December 24, 2019, 08:33:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: chris2alaska on December 23, 2019, 04:46:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: RDB on December 23, 2019, 04:16:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: KillGrizz on December 23, 2019, 03:19:48 PM ---Any tips on getting through this more easily.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, post roll in the January group. Seriously. Even after you hit HOF, there will be craves that come out of nowhere and hit you smack between the eyes. Posting roll acts as an additional barrier against those craves.

--- End quote ---

Hey KillGrizz,

Way to go on making it 88 days on your own.  You are correct in that you are currently going through the Pre-HOF funk.  It will pass.  The only thing I can say to you is to join the January 2020 Group like RDB said and get some of that brotherhood and accountability.  They are all going through the same things as you at the same time.  The other thing I would suggest is NOT looking forward to different milestones.  We can't control what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next year.  All we can control is right now, today.  That is why we preach One Day at a Time (ODAAT) here.  We quit for today and today only, tomorrow we come back and quit again.

--- End quote ---

One thing that helped me was to understand some of the science behind the Funk and what happens to the body as it goes through a chemical withdrawals. Your brain is remapping its neural connections, you created seemingly insignificant memories that involved x,y,z, and dip – so as those memories are accessed (even only for a nanosecond for you conscious  mind to flag them as irrelevant) you brain recalls the dip / nicotine portion of the memory.
The article below if geared towards smokers, but it’s still about nicotine addiction. https://www.verywellmind.com/craving-cigarettes-3-months-after-quitting-what-to-do-2824897
As the article stats the 3 month mark is hard, which I assume is the reason HOF is a big milestone for us.
One tip I got was to always stay hydrated, and if I was having a bad day or stuck in a fog I would drink a whole bottle of water or green tea (the key was at least 24 oz) This helped in two ways one my body got kick start because I was probably not hydrated and two with an hour or so my mind would use its background thinking to gauge my need to go to the bathroom -  which would also result in the need to walk around a bit.

--- End quote ---

That's a great read @Steve624 - thanks for sharing!

Steve624:

--- Quote from: chris2alaska on December 23, 2019, 04:46:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: KillGrizz on December 23, 2019, 03:19:48 PM ---Any tips on getting through this more easily.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, post roll in the January group. Seriously. Even after you hit HOF, there will be craves that come out of nowhere and hit you smack between the eyes. Posting roll acts as an additional barrier against those craves.

--- End quote ---

Hey KillGrizz,

Way to go on making it 88 days on your own.  You are correct in that you are currently going through the Pre-HOF funk.  It will pass.  The only thing I can say to you is to join the January 2020 Group like RDB said and get some of that brotherhood and accountability.  They are all going through the same things as you at the same time.  The other thing I would suggest is NOT looking forward to different milestones.  We can't control what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next year.  All we can control is right now, today.  That is why we preach One Day at a Time (ODAAT) here.  We quit for today and today only, tomorrow we come back and quit again.

--- End quote ---

One thing that helped me was to understand some of the science behind the Funk and what happens to the body as it goes through a chemical withdrawals. Your brain is remapping its neural connections, you created seemingly insignificant memories that involved x,y,z, and dip – so as those memories are accessed (even only for a nanosecond for you conscious  mind to flag them as irrelevant) you brain recalls the dip / nicotine portion of the memory.
The article below if geared towards smokers, but it’s still about nicotine addiction. https://www.verywellmind.com/craving-cigarettes-3-months-after-quitting-what-to-do-2824897
As the article stats the 3 month mark is hard, which I assume is the reason HOF is a big milestone for us.
One tip I got was to always stay hydrated, and if I was having a bad day or stuck in a fog I would drink a whole bottle of water or green tea (the key was at least 24 oz) This helped in two ways one my body got kick start because I was probably not hydrated and two with an hour or so my mind would use its background thinking to gauge my need to go to the bathroom -  which would also result in the need to walk around a bit.

chris2alaska:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Hey KillGrizz,

RDB:

--- End quote ---

KillGrizz:
Day 88... Never thought I would stay quit for this long.

I usually never post on here. Whenever I started having a crave I would just read all the discussions and blogs, and by the time I finished, I no longer had the crave.

Day 88, and I am starting to have more craves than I had at the beginning. It is not even something from any triggers I used to have. I read something about the Funk, and I guess this is it.

Any tips on getting through this more easily. I know I won't cave, but it would be nice to be able to battle this with more ammunition on my side.

I am sure this has been said MANY times before, but if I could go back in time to when I had my first pinch, I would choke slam myself to not do it. Going through all this has been horrible, and I am never going to go through it again.

12 more days until my HOF, and then my sights are set for a year. FUCK you grizzly, I am never coming back to you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version