Author Topic: my final quit  (Read 13325 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
Re: my final quit
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2020, 08:00:35 PM »
How do you condition yourself to better deal with conflict and confrontation in your daily life?
@gottadoit3
Not my area of expertise, but I have tried to think about the importance of the situation before reacting. If it isn’t going to be important down the road, don’t sweat it.
Jan19

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-04-15
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2020, 10:00:24 PM »
How do you condition yourself to better deal with conflict and confrontation in your daily life?
Parputt "One is one too many
One more is never enough"

30yraddict "Doing it for one day proves that you are capable.
Your addict brain is going to try to convince you otherwise.
But you know better.
Addiction is beat one day at a time by the power of NO. "

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2020, 08:49:02 AM »
I encourage anyone and everyone that is struggling, to always reach out!
Great point @gottadoit3 . We all failed on our own. One of the great things about KTC is the brother/sisterhood that is available. The support and accountability go a long way in assisted quitters on a daily basis. There is strength in numbers and knowing you are not alone is awesome.
Jan19

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2020, 06:28:51 AM »
I encourage anyone and everyone that is struggling, to always reach out!

But you know better.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2020, 09:30:52 AM »
Looking back on it now it all seems so strange and bizarre how I used to be addicted to dip.
____

Right there. There is the danger I am making myself more aware of.

If I look back on the past as a former addict or former user, I will develop a false sense of confidence in my own discipline. I am a very disciplined person in some respects. Addiction to dip is not one of them. I must face the reality that while I have gone 143 days without nicotine, I am still very much addicted.
You and I are still addicts and always will be. That is why it is so important to fuel your quit by following your routine daily of WUPP and maintaining your relationships will fellow quitters. Don’t let yourself get complacent. Nicotine will always be looking for a crack to slide through and gain control of your life. We have to beat it ODAAT.
Jan19

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2020, 11:46:53 PM »
Looking back on it now it all seems so strange and bizarre how I used to be addicted to dip.
____

Right there. There is the danger I am making myself more aware of.

If I look back on the past as a former addict or former user, I will develop a false sense of confidence in my own discipline. I am a very disciplined person in some respects. Addiction to dip is not one of them. I must face the reality that while I have gone 143 days without nicotine, I am still very much addicted.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 11:49:23 PM by gottadoit3 »

But you know better.

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2020, 11:36:24 PM »
Just a week or so ago I was battling huge cravings. Now I feel as if I've conquered it. It shows you the true danger of getting complacent. All it takes is a couple moments of complacency and then BAM you have potential for a cave. The bottom line is, you can always see the temptation; slowly but surely poking its ugly head out at you. Whereas it may have not shown itself in three months or three years, all of the sudden, or sometimes slowly through a series of events, it tempts and claws at you once again, reminding you it is still there. It hopes that you will be the slave that you once were. It reminds you of how easy you were able to live without it just so it can suck you into its vicious cycle all over again! Such is the nature of the beast of addiction. It never truly goes away, it only masks and manifests itself in other forms. I would be a complete fool to think of myself as successful at this point. 143 days in really is a short amount of time. I can only imagine what it will be like once I get to the level some of the folks here on KTC are... in the thousands. Yet still posting roll every single day so passionately as they did early on. It is truly inspiring. It reminds me of when a fellow quit brother asked me the question, "Do you really want to quit?" as opposed to, "Do you think you should quit?" It is truly a difference when you want to quit.

And so I ask myself the question, which I would also ask you, "How bad do you want to quit?"

I like to think I want it very badly. But at the same time, if I can't even post roll on time, how bad do I really want it?

It is urgent and absolutely vital that I post roll on time. I am thankful for my quit brothers in helping me to not lose sight on the goal!

But you know better.

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2020, 11:27:32 PM »
I'm making it a point to post early the next few weeks. I suspect I'm about to reach a new phase of complacency in my quit. I feel myself getting comfortable and trusting myself more. Which may at first seem like a good thing, but as any real veteran of quit knows, can ultimately lead to your downfall if you lose that certain level of awareness. I feel as if I've conquered it, and that is what concerns me.

I hate the idea of leaving this site and just becoming another guy that abandoned KTC. That would be much foolish of me, seeing as how I've done it in the past.

Just looking at the dedication and passion of the board members is truly motivating. It shows me how far off I really am. How much more inspired and positive I could be in my quit. Seeing the dedication is truly eye opening, it helps to put things into perspective, and really shows me how I could get complacent if I'm not careful. Quitters younger or older than me please use this writing as a tool to widen your perspective. 

But you know better.

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2020, 04:44:12 PM »
Fuck this shit. I'm done. Im @###@ done. I'm done drinking those stupid sodas and energy drinks. I've quit for weeks at a time, but I always go back. I'm done. I'm quit. I will no longer drink them. I have a plan. And it's going to work this time.
Hell yeah man! I’ve been starting that journey myself. I used to drink a 12 pack every 3 days. Now I have a soda once in a blue moon currently. Gatorade and water is a life saver. you got this man!
Remember our talks brother. Do what you need to take of you.  You got this.
Do whatever you gotta do to stay quit from nicotine! Why are you wanting to quit caffeine ? Does it make you feel like trash when you drink it? Or are you just trying to not consume as much ?

There are two main reasons I'm wanting to quit. One is health. Less sugar intake, better teeth, healthier body in general because it's easier to stay properly hydrated. The other reason is cause of energy/mood. I actually have more energy and am in better mood without sodas!

But you know better.

Offline Bigdiesel90

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6/14/19
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing, video games, sports, sneakers
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2020, 04:06:32 AM »
Fuck this shit. I'm done. Im @###@ done. I'm done drinking those stupid sodas and energy drinks. I've quit for weeks at a time, but I always go back. I'm done. I'm quit. I will no longer drink them. I have a plan. And it's going to work this time.
Hell yeah man! I’ve been starting that journey myself. I used to drink a 12 pack every 3 days. Now I have a soda once in a blue moon currently. Gatorade and water is a life saver. you got this man!
Do whatever you gotta do to stay quit from nicotine! Why are you wanting to quit caffeine ? Does it make you feel like trash when you drink it? Or are you just trying to not consume as much ?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 04:08:56 AM by Bigdiesel90 »
The Lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.
Floor 1- 9/21/19
Floor 2- 12/30/19
Floor 3- 04/08/20
Floor 4- 07/17/20
Floor 5- 10/25/20
Floor 6- 2/2/21
Floor 7- 5/13/21
Floor 8- 8/21/21

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2020, 08:52:47 PM »
Jan19

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Wake Up, Kick Ass, Do it all over again.
  • Quit Date: 2020-01-02
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2020, 11:37:09 AM »
Proud To Be Quit With You Today

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk
beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2020, 11:10:07 AM »

But you know better.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2020, 07:40:59 AM »
Been having bad cravings lately.
It’s normal. Use your tools, reach out to the people you have relationships with, focus on positives and realize this too will pass in a few days. Stay close to the site.
Jan19

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2020, 01:45:05 PM »
Been having bad cravings lately.

But you know better.