Author Topic: 7 days quit and itching  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Cspence

• Quitter
  • Married father of 4
  • Quit Date: 10/20/2019
  • Interests: Golf, kids sports (mostly hockey), working out, fishing
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: 7 days quit and itching
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 03:30:13 PM »
Hey @JJ - are you still quit? Just checking on ya. Couldn’t find you anywhere on roll. Let us know and hope you get involved more to stay quit. Do it for YOU.
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.

Offline shake

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/15/2018
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 12:26:34 AM »
Just like you I am a former college golfer, dipped Grizzly Wintergreen and dipped for about 7 years. You have made the right decision but you are in the suck my friend, no bullshit there. I was very concerned with how I would play without dip, and since I’m still competitive as an amateur I didn’t want it to cost me strokes.. as petty as that sounds you know what I am talking about.. but frankly on the course is currently pretty much the last place I think about dipping (other than most of the guys I play with doing so) because my mind can stay entirely occupied out there. That is the key to this part of the quit: stay busy, stay focused and stay vigilant. I PM’d you my digits, don’t be afraid to use them

Offline Cspence

• Quitter
  • Married father of 4
  • Quit Date: 10/20/2019
  • Interests: Golf, kids sports (mostly hockey), working out, fishing
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 07:26:17 PM »
Hey @JJ - I am also a big golfer from Michigan. Today it am 185 days quit. I would generally have a dip the entire time golfing. I now chew gum like Tiger. I dipped for like 20 years. Not easy but the 3 biggest reasons I am quit are: 1) I want to quit 2) I post my quit promise first thing every morning and 3) I have others to help me be accountable.

You need help just send me a PM and we can exchange digits.
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Gravity Always Wins; 1 problem + nicotine=2 probs
  • Quit Date: November 26, 2019
  • Interests: March 2020; No Nicotine Today; One Day At A Time; By God's Grace, I Am Quit
  • Likes Given: 382
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 11:40:35 AM »
Welcome.

I got some good news. You'll get through your craves and one day you'll enjoy golf much more without having to stuff your face with cat shit. Nicotine just became a middleman between us and the things we love to do-- by flooding our brains with dopamine. When we are addicts, we no longer get the dopamine when we aren't dipping. So we feel like shit for a while when doing things. It takes some time to re-wire the brain so that things like golfing start feeling pleasurable again. However, if you love to do something for it's own sake, the recovery process doesn't take all that long. In the meantime, chew gum, spit seeds, use fake dip, drink lots of water, etc.

If you want to sustain your quit and keep going forward with the recovery process I suggest you join the newest quit group here and post your promise to stay quit today, one day at a time.

It's here: https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16409.0

@JJ  Zeus provided you the link the freedom. You should know your mind will always mislead you when it comes to nicotine due to you being an addict. Start posting roll and make your daily promise to stay nicotine free. Only worry about getting through today. We will deal with tomorrow when it comes. You can either take your addiction seriously and realize it will kill you or you can keep justifying your version of the game of life. You can do this and we are here to help, but YOU really need to want this because it does suck for a while. Reach out if I can help.

JJ - Keith and Zeus are telling you the truth, I think they told me the same thing when I was in your shoes. Believe them. Trust that it will pass, whatever "it" shows up. The key for me was recognizing and accepting that Nicotine NEVER did anything positive for me. It never took strokes off my game, never made me shoot straighter, never solved any problems or helped to fix anything. My addict brain may have told me it did, but reality proved otherwise. Quitting is a real ride, not necessarily a fun one, but know the fun is when it starts getting better and you are free. Trust that it will get better. So strap in and hang on. KTC works for me One Day At A Time. Read the site, good info here. Post here and rage here, help will come. One problem + Nicotine = 2 Problems
Micah 6:8
"Dying is easy, It's Living that's tough".
"Caving is easy, It's Quitting that is Tough"

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2030
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 08:56:29 AM »
Welcome.

I got some good news. You'll get through your craves and one day you'll enjoy golf much more without having to stuff your face with cat shit. Nicotine just became a middleman between us and the things we love to do-- by flooding our brains with dopamine. When we are addicts, we no longer get the dopamine when we aren't dipping. So we feel like shit for a while when doing things. It takes some time to re-wire the brain so that things like golfing start feeling pleasurable again. However, if you love to do something for it's own sake, the recovery process doesn't take all that long. In the meantime, chew gum, spit seeds, use fake dip, drink lots of water, etc.

If you want to sustain your quit and keep going forward with the recovery process I suggest you join the newest quit group here and post your promise to stay quit today, one day at a time.

@JJ  Zeus provided you the link the freedom. You should know your mind will always mislead you when it comes to nicotine due to you being an addict. Start posting roll and make your daily promise to stay nicotine free. Only worry about getting through today. We will deal with tomorrow when it comes. You can either take your addiction seriously and realize it will kill you or you can keep justifying your version of the game of life. You can do this and we are here to help, but YOU really need to want this because it does suck for a while. Reach out if I can help.
Jan19

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 09:55:13 PM »
Welcome.

June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline JJ

• Likes Given: 0
7 days quit and itching
« on: April 20, 2020, 09:24:52 PM »
Hey everyone. I'm an addict. Been chewing grizzly wintergreen for about 6 years now. It started as a pouch every month, then a pouch every two weeks, then a pouch when I was anxious, then a pouch when I was celebrating. Turned into a 4 pouch or huge lip of long cut 4 times a day. When I first started that buzz was something I looked forward to. Now It's just a memory.

I'm a former college golfer and for the past 4 years or so you couldn't find me playing without a chaw. And golf is really my only hobby. I'm 7 days quit now, and the weather is starting to get good. Once this virus ends I'll be out playing again. Any advice on how to stay away from going back? My mind keeps telling me "Quit for a couple months and then you can have a pinch or two playing once and awhile". Reading this forum I understand that is not the case. I want to quit this before it gets any worse.

Any advice from the vets on how to continue with your hobbies / things you love to do and avoiding the triggers to dip?

Thanks