Author Topic: my final quit  (Read 15662 times)

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-04-15
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: my final quit
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2020, 11:48:54 PM »
Well, the facebook quit is going well. I have to be done with it. Do I have the discipline to stay off of it? The discipline not to concern myself with the lives of others whom I am acquainted with? I believe I do. And I think it will better me overall to stay away from it. Do I have the motivation to stay quit from caffeine drinks? That is a much different story. I ended up getting one today, but that is it. It's over now. I have to commit to staying quit. I am much calmer person when I don't drink energy drinks. I have a better mood in general and more consistent energy levels. So I am going to have to stay quit from the drinks. It is necessary in my self improvement.

What I am realizing in my life is that I lack discipline in many areas. I don't meet many new people because I simply lack the discipline to go out and meet people. I don't form relationships worthwhile with positive people because I lack the discipline to constantly self improve. Given the choice between two things, one easy and one difficult, I would choose the path of least resistance if it was left up to me. That is why I am trying to erase every negative habit in my life. I procrastinate at things in life in general. The maintenance and condition of my car. Eating habits, sleeping habits, dental hygiene. Really and truly every aspect of my life I could do better. And if there's one thing I have learned from KTC is to take it one day at a time, with the support and accountability to stay quit from dip. To refrain from the habit we engaged in in the past. To be different than before, one day at a time.

I have to be careful, because dip is seeming smaller to me recently. As in, I'm not thinking about it as much. And that's exactly where I need to have my guard up. I'll be sending messages out in the next coming weeks in order to stay focused.
Parputt "One is one too many
One more is never enough"

30yraddict "Doing it for one day proves that you are capable.
Your addict brain is going to try to convince you otherwise.
But you know better.
Addiction is beat one day at a time by the power of NO. "

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2020, 12:31:52 PM »
2nd day of facebook quit. 1st day of no sugar or soda drinks. I will quit another vice tomorrow, until I am content. Then in 30 days I'll recap and look at my progress

Keep killing it brother! Your motivation to improve many aspects of life is an inspiration!

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2020, 08:16:22 AM »
2nd day of facebook quit. 1st day of no sugar or soda drinks. I will quit another vice tomorrow, until I am content. Then in 30 days I'll recap and look at my progress

But you know better.

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2020, 08:48:42 PM »
Quitting facebook has been easy today. A few times it was calling my name but I just said no and redirected my attention to something else. Time will tell on this one. The next thing, which I am quitting tomorrow, are all soft drinks and junk food. I know this one will benefit me, and truth be told I normally don't consume sugary desserts and stuff too much. For whatever reason, I've been drinking energy drinks rather frequently recently. I know I have to quit them. I know they don't do me any good. Here we go. I'm starting tomorrow. It's hard because at my work we have a cooler with drinks of all kind for sale. Coke, Dr. Pepper, Monster, NOS, you name it, we got it. I can do this. I know it will be a test of willpower and discipline.

But you know better.

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2020, 10:28:14 AM »
First day of social media quit. No facebook

But you know better.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2020, 05:58:20 PM »
I gotta get involved in other folks quit. I'm being too self centered. I gotta quit caffeine again too. I quit for 3 weeks then caved and got an energy drink. The last thing on my mind is nicotine. Just thinking out loud. I really appreciate all of you.

Protect your quit at all cost. It is ok to be selfish in troubled times. However, when things are going well, latch on to a fellow quitter and lend a helping hand. Focusing on others will go a long way in helping you as well. Just hard to help others when we are looking for our own balance. Rock on brother.

What @Keith0617 said.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Online Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1968
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2020, 04:13:54 PM »
I gotta get involved in other folks quit. I'm being too self centered. I gotta quit caffeine again too. I quit for 3 weeks then caved and got an energy drink. The last thing on my mind is nicotine. Just thinking out loud. I really appreciate all of you.

Protect your quit at all cost. It is ok to be selfish in troubled times. However, when things are going well, latch on to a fellow quitter and lend a helping hand. Focusing on others will go a long way in helping you as well. Just hard to help others when we are looking for our own balance. Rock on brother.
Jan19

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2020, 01:38:37 PM »

But you know better.

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2020, 03:06:50 PM »
I'm a wreck. I've probably slept 6 hours in the past 4 days. I've had serious cravings the past two or three days. I watched my brother put a dip in yesterday and man it hit me like a ton of bricks. I have to keep posting roll. I didn't send my text out yesterday. I can feel myself slowly slipping back into the take a dip mindset. I'm not doing this. I'm not going back. I'm not caving.

If there's anyone struggling to quit or stay quit please message me reach out to me we can talk.

I had almost no intense cravings for the first 50 days. then all the sudden this week.. BAM.

I feel like a fool for caving in the past.

I am extremely fortunate and grateful that I am allowed here on KTC. Any new quitters please reach out. Look to me as an example. Do not cave. Use and get the support that you need. We are all here to help one another.

Peace.
@gottadoit3
Brother - why not return the text? I waited. You are 8 weeks with today being 57 days. Why would you want to return to the ranks of killing your self? WUPP EDD and take nic off the table. Reach out when you need help. You will never regret quitting but you will always regret caving.
I didn't want to text at work. You really helped me out today brother.

@gottadoit3 How did you make out brother?  Sorry I missed this this morning.  I feel you man.  Having a rough couple days myself.  Please reach out if you want/need to talk it out.  PMing you now with digits.  Hold the line man. 
~HAG

I'm still quit man. It's going good. Just been having really bad cravings the past two weeks. Of course it doesn't help that I've quit caffeine for anywhere between 10 and 14 days. I lost track. Honestly I just want to keep going. Me staying quit from nicotine is not a question. I will stay quit. But staying quit from caffeine, man, that's a tough one. I know I have to keep going for a little bit longer, but every now and then a good energy drink or cup of tea is calling my name. But I know I have to keep going longer to really see the benefits. I'm naturally an anxious person so my reason for quitting caffeine is to reduce anxiety. And also not be dependent on a chemical. I hate the idea of needing something in order to function. As far as I'm concerned the only substance I need is food and water. I'm quitting drinking here soon as well. I'm looking at is a challenge. Do I have the discipline to go to bars and socialize without getting a drink? Do I have the discipline and strength to endure when people ask me, "You don't drink?" Why not?

All in all I want to get into a sober mindset all the way around. Get more intune with my emotions and learn to deal with them properly through meditation and exercise. It's really the only way I ever see myself getting into a successful relationship, which is a big goal of mine. For a lot of people they can continue to indulge in whatever habits they want, but for me it's completely different. In order for me to have the self confidence and self esteem to get girls, I really have to be sober and quit from every vice and addiction. I don't know what it is, but that's the way I am.

But you know better.

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2020, 07:39:39 PM »
I'm a wreck. I've probably slept 6 hours in the past 4 days. I've had serious cravings the past two or three days. I watched my brother put a dip in yesterday and man it hit me like a ton of bricks. I have to keep posting roll. I didn't send my text out yesterday. I can feel myself slowly slipping back into the take a dip mindset. I'm not doing this. I'm not going back. I'm not caving.

If there's anyone struggling to quit or stay quit please message me reach out to me we can talk.

I had almost no intense cravings for the first 50 days. then all the sudden this week.. BAM.

I am extremely fortunate and grateful that I am allowed here on KTC. Any new quitters please reach out. Look to me as an example. Do not cave. Use and get the support that you need. We are all here to help one another.

Peace.
@gottadoit3
Brother - why not return the text? I waited. You are 8 weeks with today being 57 days. Why would you want to return to the ranks of killing your self? WUPP EDD and take nic off the table. Reach out when you need help. You will never regret quitting but you will always regret caving.

@gottadoit3 How did you make out brother?  Sorry I missed this this morning.  I feel you man.  Having a rough couple days myself.  Please reach out if you want/need to talk it out.  PMing you now with digits.  Hold the line man. 
~HAG

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2020, 01:01:58 PM »

Peace.
@gottadoit3

But you know better.

Online Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1968
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2020, 08:50:01 AM »

Peace.
@gottadoit3
Jan19

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2020, 02:51:04 AM »

Peace.

But you know better.

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2020, 03:49:50 AM »
Thanks Zeus. Like I said been feeling good about the quit no craves really at all. I went to the movies the other night about 5 mins in I got offered some nicotine vape and pouches I quickly said no and shift attention to the movie. I knew that was the first really big test since about the third week or so. But I quickly just ignored it knowing subconsciously that this is a particularly high impulse situation which would be so similar to when I would normally cave. I reminded myself of the daily promise and moved on.

When that happens, quickly remember your daily promise and refocus on the movie. Don't think twice.

But you know better.

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2019, 11:26:30 AM »
Just wanted to say guys that I have a sense of dread and worry that may be a little peculiar but maybe someone here can relate. Basically lately I've been feeling great about my quit. I've had no cravings at all. Haven't wanted it. The thought of taking a dip just seems so bizarre. But that is the reason why I am worried. Because I know what has happened in the past. That same mindset which I just described causes me to slip into the "well I have it conquered I can take at least one" bullshit justification...

Which makes it all the more important for me to ensure I make the early promise consistently throughout this time period. Hell throughout forever!
I don't think your experience is peculiar at all. I think it is more the norm than you realize. After so many days, it isn't the crave that draws you back to the can, but more likely it's the strange IDEA that a dip will spice up your life again and re-energize the void. We get obsessed with that idea. And it seems to be an idea that is peculiar to addicts only. Non-addicts don't get it. I think being an addict means the void never completely goes away. For me, the daily promise is partly a way to acknowledge the void and not get tricked into slipping into it. I do a war dance around it. Occasionally I throw cavers into it as a sacrifice.

June 2017 Quit Mafia