Author Topic: my final quit  (Read 15369 times)

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-04-15
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: my final quit
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2019, 10:32:50 PM »
Just wanted to say guys that I have a sense of dread and worry that may be a little peculiar but maybe someone here can relate. Basically lately I've been feeling great about my quit. I've had no cravings at all. Haven't wanted it. The thought of taking a dip just seems so bizarre. But that is the reason why I am worried. Because I know what has happened in the past. That same mindset which I just described causes me to slip into the "well I have it conquered I can take at least one" bullshit justification...

Which makes it all the more important for me to ensure I make the early promise consistently throughout this time period. Hell throughout forever!
Parputt "One is one too many
One more is never enough"

30yraddict "Doing it for one day proves that you are capable.
Your addict brain is going to try to convince you otherwise.
But you know better.
Addiction is beat one day at a time by the power of NO. "

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1908
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2019, 03:15:13 PM »
Things are going good in the quit. 37 days in. I need to be a support to someone else who is quit.
Supporting other quitters is a great way to strengthen your quit. Just keep yours the top priority.
Jan19

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2019, 02:35:17 PM »
Things are going good in the quit. 37 days in. I need to be a support to someone else who is quit.

But you know better.

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2019, 07:58:26 AM »
My goal for today is to keep idle chatter to a minimum. Talk the least at my workplace. Stay busy.

But you know better.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2019, 08:01:41 PM »
Click here for
caffeine quit
And here for
soda quit

@gottadoit3

I'm in both of these with SS and a few others.  Come post with us there.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline SixString

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2019, 07:43:16 PM »
Click here for
caffeine quit
And here for
soda quit

@gottadoit3

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2019, 07:09:44 PM »
Got up on time. Did NOT succeed at not drinking a soda. Had a massive headache 4 hours past my normal time to get a drink, gotta wean myself off of this.
Definitely feels good to be off of nicotine though. Next will be caffeine off the list of habits

But you know better.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2019, 08:44:42 AM »
GOALS for tomorrow:

1) Get up when the alarm goes off, DO NOT HIT SNOOZE BUTTON.

2) Do not drink an energy drink.

Sounds simple enough, let's see how it goes.
YOU CAN DO IT!!  Believe in yourself.
Jan19

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2019, 08:30:44 PM »
GOALS for tomorrow:

1) Get up when the alarm goes off, DO NOT HIT SNOOZE BUTTON.

2) Do not drink an energy drink.

Sounds simple enough, let's see how it goes.

But you know better.

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2019, 10:39:21 PM »
I thought about your idea today though I did not wholeheartedly implement it.

Today, for whatever reason, was a particularly rough day. Two hours after I got off work I started having all these existential type thoughts thinking about all the things I regret not doing in my past. I'm caught between feeling young and old still. I can only imagine how bad it will be once I get even older.

I'm going to be pessimistic for just a minute, but only for the purpose of describing my mindset today. The cravings were particularly bad today. I remember not being able to concentrate really. And I also remember thinking that the past three weeks was completely null and void. Like it literally felt like day one all over again. Thank goodness I texted @gottadoit and that was enough to fully solidify it in my mind that I was going to be okay. He texted me back. (I appreciate that brother)

So to anyone on this forum old or new, I urge you to get digits and start forming a relationship with other quitters on this site, as a supplement to posting roll. It will make your quit stronger. I said earlier in this thread I don't mind being used as an example of failure if someone else can learn. Take it from me. I've caved before. I thought I was okay. I thought I was cured. Reality hit me like a freight train once I realized nicotine still had a grip on me and everyone here on KTC was correct in everything they had been saying.

God, I feel so bad for leaving my quit brothers in the past.

Anyone going through a rough time in your quit please message me, I will be glad to help you in any way I possibly can. I'm normally not the best texter in the world when it comes to promptly responding but I will do my best to not let you down. Anyone having trouble, do not be fearful of reaching out to someone! Reaching out to people on this site will help you in your quit. It will make it stronger, more committed, with a stronger base etc.

But you know better.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2019, 08:43:17 AM »
For the next 30 days I'm going to do different things to push and challenge myself physically and mentally. I feel this will occupy my time while I'm still in the earlier stages of the rest of my life. Plus, if I look at all the results in the next 30 days I will probably want to keep going in that same general direction. I'd like to stop drinking soft drinks and consuming sugar, stop hitting the snooze button and going back to sleep, be more grateful in general and respectful to other people. etc.

If I can get my momentum going, and can keep it going. It's just the initial motion needs to be propelled from within and then I will be proud of my accomplishments. I'd also like to widen my vocabulary so reading and writing every day is a sure way to increase wit.

I'd really just like to stop procrastinating so much in general. That is the only way for me to feel satisfied within.

I would almost like the next 30 days be a challenge overall for me. To see how many new things I can do in a month without nicotine. A bucketlist if you will.
@gottadoit3 your plan sounds great. Let me know how it goes. To help with the mood issues especially early on, my daily goal was to be the best person anyone interacted with that day. I wasn't perfect and had to put myself in time out a few times, but it really changes my perspective.
Jan19

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2019, 10:07:46 PM »
For the next 30 days I'm going to do different things to push and challenge myself physically and mentally. I feel this will occupy my time while I'm still in the earlier stages of the rest of my life. Plus, if I look at all the results in the next 30 days I will probably want to keep going in that same general direction. I'd like to stop drinking soft drinks and consuming sugar, stop hitting the snooze button and going back to sleep, be more grateful in general and respectful to other people. etc.

If I can get my momentum going, and can keep it going. It's just the initial motion needs to be propelled from within and then I will be proud of my accomplishments. I'd also like to widen my vocabulary so reading and writing every day is a sure way to increase wit.

I'd really just like to stop procrastinating so much in general. That is the only way for me to feel satisfied within.

I would almost like the next 30 days be a challenge overall for me. To see how many new things I can do in a month without nicotine. A bucketlist if you will.

But you know better.

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2019, 06:51:14 PM »
Over three weeks in now and while I'm glad to be quit I don't approve of who I've become at this moment. I've allowed myself to become socially anxious, not wanting to talk to people or be around a lot of people. I have to get back on my productive happens and stop hitting the snooze button and going back to sleep!

Anyone have any stories of times they've formed new daily habits and how it helped them?

It seems to all be based on momentum. If you wake up once your alarm beeps and want to go back to sleep you're letting your brain trick your mind into thinking that you're still tired. And once you wake back up again you are going to be less alert and concentrated than if you had just woken up the first time.

I slept in and missed a good shindig an associate of mine invited me to go to. Part of the reason was for being anxious in social situations and part was being lazy.

I've got to get more into an attitude of wanting to face the day. Face every challenge, problem, concern or fear head on.

It's just like last night, wanting to ask the girl out on a date, but then feeling myself reverted back into that old shy, non-confident, overthinking mindset that I use to have so often. I've got to break this vicious cycle. I know I can; I've done it countless times in the past. This time it's not really going to be any easier, but once I get started I know I will feel better. Here's a promise of mine to be a better man every day, along with posting roll, to ensure that I face my fears head on every single day, never hit the snooze button, and conquer every problem that stands in my way!

I'd really like if someone will help me with a plan.

No plan, some knowledge may help.   First 3 weeks quit is bad ass!  It will get better.

Next, the change in your outlook is real.  Nicotine hijacks the dopamine cycle (aka reward system) in your brain.  Right now you aren’t feeding nicotine, so rewards are few.

The key, your brain will heal over time.  It will get better.  At three weeks, you can neither remember nor imagine what a natural dopamine cycle and rewards are like,   As you heal the dopamine cycle recovers.  The future is very bright.  You just need to stay strong vs nicotine to get there.

Keep recording your quit experience,  soon enough you will look back at your posts and see the victories you are winning day by day.   Early quit sucks, the fog is troubling.  But quit becomes wonderful.  Trust yourself, quit hard, win.

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2019, 06:34:19 PM »
Over three weeks in now and while I'm glad to be quit I don't approve of who I've become at this moment. I've allowed myself to become socially anxious, not wanting to talk to people or be around a lot of people. I have to get back on my productive happens and stop hitting the snooze button and going back to sleep!

Anyone have any stories of times they've formed new daily habits and how it helped them?

It seems to all be based on momentum. If you wake up once your alarm beeps and want to go back to sleep you're letting your brain trick your mind into thinking that you're still tired. And once you wake back up again you are going to be less alert and concentrated than if you had just woken up the first time.

I slept in and missed a good shindig an associate of mine invited me to go to. Part of the reason was for being anxious in social situations and part was being lazy.

I've got to get more into an attitude of wanting to face the day. Face every challenge, problem, concern or fear head on.

It's just like last night, wanting to ask the girl out on a date, but then feeling myself reverted back into that old shy, non-confident, overthinking mindset that I use to have so often. I've got to break this vicious cycle. I know I can; I've done it countless times in the past. This time it's not really going to be any easier, but once I get started I know I will feel better. Here's a promise of mine to be a better man every day, along with posting roll, to ensure that I face my fears head on every single day, never hit the snooze button, and conquer every problem that stands in my way!

I'd really like if someone will help me with a plan.

But you know better.

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2019, 08:17:30 PM »
Like I mentioned not really having any cravings, well I had some horrible ones today, especially later on in the day. I kept imagining getting a dip but then quickly reminded myself of the futility of it all. I know I'll be right back where I have been before if I fuck up. Just like chris2alaska mentioned earlier, you have to stay vigilant.

I'm having some pretty bad withdrawals. Which is strange because I'm at day 12 and I hardly haven't felt any at all leading up to this point. It's like I have no motivation to do anything and then when I finally do something I have to fight just to finish it. Something as simple as washing dishes, or cleaning up downstairs.

I must keep going, there is no other option. I either fight or die.

Crave continues...

Sink or swim, this is it. Weeks from now I will look back on this, and be so glad and happy that I didn't quit. If it wasn't for the idea of letting my brothers down I would be much weaker and susceptible right now. I've got my quit buddies numbers in my phone. Tomorrow will come. This is all temporary. Just keep going.

But you know better.