Author Topic: my final quit  (Read 15884 times)

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-04-15
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: my final quit
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 09:05:00 PM »
Lol I appreciate it bro. Today was day 6 much much easier than day 4 and 5. Those were hard. Today was easy.
Parputt "One is one too many
One more is never enough"

30yraddict "Doing it for one day proves that you are capable.
Your addict brain is going to try to convince you otherwise.
But you know better.
Addiction is beat one day at a time by the power of NO. "

Offline PhuctUp

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-05-28
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 11:40:00 PM »
You have the right attitude, buddy. You really do. Stare this shit in the face, rip the bitch's hair out (I was about to get more graphic there and then I remembered this was a coed site,) and then spit moonshine on the bloody hair follicle holes. You're doing good. Just make it simple. Think something like, "Would I rather be able to kiss my wife/girlfriend/Saturday night slut, or would I rather the doctors graft skin off my ass to help create a new cheek?" And if that's difficult to answer, you are clearly not ready for this. Especially when you consider what else you can do with that mouth on that Saturday night slut. And now you're thinking about the possibilities, I know. ;)

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 11:07:00 PM »
I thought day 5 would have been easier physically than day 4 but I was wrong. It's been a lot harder actually. Made it through the day though that's all that counts.

But you know better.

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 11:02:00 PM »
Thank you man a lot. Lol I might have to hear that one sometime in these next two weeks. Today was the 4th day. Much easier physical withdrawals today. They weren't as bad today as they were yesterday, the third day. I still had that certain feeling in my head towards night around 7 and 8 o clock. I felt myself getting slightly impatient with customers at my job. I just sucked it up and didn't show it outwardly.

It's the idea of just getting another one that is messing with me. I won't. I know I won't. But it's just the idea that is slipping into my mind. That guy on my shoulder telling me: "One won't hurt you, one won't hurt you at all. Look, your teeth and gums aren't hurting anymore, and that was the real reason you quit, so now that they aren't hurting you can take one! It won't harm you!"

Then I turn around and say screw that man! I know you're a liar. It's one part of me that wants to dip. Then there's the overseer that knows I shouldn't do it and knows why I shouldn't do it. Something about a dip just feels so comforting and nostalgic. Like for instance when you're going down the road at night, just riding around enjoying the moment. What do I want? I damn dip of LC. But I know I cannot. I know I truly WANT to quit. I know I've truly wanted to quit for some time now; over six months. So I will stick with my decision for sure. Tomorrow should be even easier on the physical withdrawal side, even though it may be harder psychologically. The fact that my brother has a big tub of Stokers natural long cut in the fridge just makes this harder. But in reality it is better to do it this way because then I can truly say that I have willpower. If it's in front of you and you can resist it, then you can definitely resist it when it's not in front of you. The idea of going into a store and actually buying a can is far gone. There's no way I'll do that. It won't happen. I've trained myself too much for that garbage. From the moments in the past when I relapsed, it was those times that I was really staring at a can for 30 minutes contemplating. Then of course you will always find a justification. Never again. Not this time.

But you know better.

Offline PhuctUp

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 07:07:00 AM »
Quote from: gottadoit3
Today was the third day. Going through horrible withdrawals right now and have been for the past 3 or 4 hours. I really just want to cave and put a dip in. I can't. I must succeed I must push through. I'm about to go for a walk right now I think that will help ease the symptoms.
You have my number now. If you get that way again, call me and I'll sing you a lullabye about men with half their faces, butterflies, getting a facemask basically fused to your face for radiation, pretty bunny rabbits, and leaving your family behind because of something you are MUCH more powerful than. I used to be able to sing pretty well, so it might actually be a catchy tune. :)

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 11:52:00 PM »
Today was the third day. Going through horrible withdrawals right now and have been for the past 3 or 4 hours. I really just want to cave and put a dip in. I can't. I must succeed I must push through. I'm about to go for a walk right now I think that will help ease the symptoms.

But you know better.

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 11:43:00 AM »
Second day. Had to go to jury duty. Had two big withdrawal rushes. I'll make it. I feel like getting a dip when I leave. I won't.

But you know better.

Offline PhuctUp

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 09:11:00 PM »
Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmDgTPJ6HyM

You didn't post roll today, and that's ok as long as you're quit. From this day forward, though, and I mean EVERY day forward, you post your daily promise to the September '17 quit group and yourself. I'll send you my number on PM if you can't figure it out and have questions. I'm in September with you. You got this shit. Just remember, quitting is the most important thing you will do today.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 11:42:00 AM »
You've never quit before, you've only had some temporary stops.

Your plan needs to include becoming an active member of this community, and posting a daily promise to quit with the other quitters in the September 2017 quit group. There, you will develop relationships with other quitters who are going through the same things you are.

Quitting is hard as hell, but the formula is simple. Learn more at the Welcome section here in the forum.

This community offers tremendous resources to help keep you quit, but the cost of admission is posting your daily promise in Roll.

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 11:12:00 AM »
My plan is to every time I am tempted to just slow down and say no. I just woke up. Been awake for 15 minutes. And already twice I have thought of getting a dip almost impulsively. I'm definitely gonna try and drink a lot of water today. I know that will help. But yeah for me it's really just a matter of slowing down and saying no no matter how hard it is to do.

You know an idea that really messes with me? It's the idea of me getting like 6 or 7 or even two weeks into the quit, and then being around family I haven't seen in a while. Even if they know I quit or not, which they probably won't know I even dipped in the first place, it's the idea of seeing someone you've known for a while AFTER you've quit that messes with me. And I don't really know exactly why. Maybe it's the impulse that you want to tell them that you've quit, but then you're like no I can't do that they don't even know I did it in the first place to quit!

I know I can do this successfully. It's just that the longer time goes by the harder it is to stay quit. Because the longer I am quit the easier it is for my brain to give my body an almost subconscious justification to get another one. Oh you've gone two days, you can get one. Just one. One won't make your gums hurt, go ahead! You deserve it. That's what gets me. I've tried dipping once a week, I've tried dipping twice a week. All have failed. Either I am going to not dip at all or I am going to dip a bunch! That is the bottom line. And now I have chosen to not dip at all.

For whatever reason, with quits in the past, they will go good until a certain moment, or point. It doesn't even have to be anything bad or stressful. In fact, a lot of the times I relapsed wasn't from a stressful event, but rather something fun that happened or something that left me with a sense of accomplishment. Go out on a first date with a hottie you didn't think you'd ever score? Get a dip afterwards! Replace the radiator that's been making your car run hot, and now it's not running hot anymore!? Get a dip!!!

I can conquer this it is nothing that is not attainable. I just need to stick with my word this time around.

But you know better.

Offline Brisingr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8/16/2019
  • Interests: Cycling, Books
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 05:34:00 AM »
Welcome man, I'll quit with ya. While you are young in your habit, quitting now will certainly save you a lot of pain, grief, and your life! But make no mistake, cancer doesn't strike only the veteran users; it can happen to anyone no matter how long they have been using. So yea, you "gottadoit". Leave tobacco behind, its not worth it. So what's the plan?
Alcohol Free 06-21-2013 - Tobacco Free 08-16-19

Offline gottadoit3

• Quitter
my final quit
« on: June 11, 2017, 04:23:00 AM »
I've been dipping for almost two years. One time I was able to quit for 2 months. Other times recently I've quit for a week and then relapsed. 'facepalm'' Been having pain in my gums from dipping 'bang head' then when I quit it goes away. Each time I have gone back to the can. but not this time! This is my last quit! 'finger point' If I do not follow through with this quit I will never quit. Now is the time! Just wanted to put it into words so that I had a tangible writing to go back to once I am tempted and tested.
'waiting'
'Popcorn'

But you know better.