Author Topic: New Member  (Read 661 times)

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Member
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »
Quote from: dalgyboy
Not sure if this is roll call or not. just signed up today.

quit that shit at 4:37pm yesterday.
mARCH 13 is your quit group.

Head over there

Offline dalgyboy

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 04:33:00 PM »
Not sure if this is roll call or not. just signed up today.

quit that shit at 4:37pm yesterday.

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 04:30:00 PM »
Quote from: slaphappy
My plan was to wait for the new year, but I wanted to be prepare for the big day, so while at my office I searched Google for how to stop dipping and came across killthecan community. The stories inspired me so much, that I decided, why wait, and yesterday 12.10.2012 at about 6:00pm I open the can and dumped the long cut, crack nicotine in the trash. I almost didn't make it out of the office without diving back into the trash for one last pinch before leaving the office. I'm sure many of you can relate:-), but I stuck to my guns and went home. It wasn't long after eating dinner before I started to wonder how long It would be before jetting out the door to the local dealer to grab me some fresh Grizzly Long-cut crack in the can. What a wimp, surely I can last longer than a couple of hours? Lucky for me, I had sunflower seeds at home, and some gum, so I got busy and made it through the night.

I'm afraid to admit it guys, but I was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer back in 2005, and was told by my doctors the bad kidney needs to be removed, along with part of my bladder and ureter _
The doctors aren't sure what gave me the cancer, but I couldn't help but think the dip may have had something to do with it, especially since I've been dipping for 34 years and routinely fell a sleep with a dip in my mouth. I actually had a dip in my mouth all the way up until the nurses rolled me to surgery and before they administered anaesthesia I told them to wait one second, hand me the trash can please so I can spit my dip out :D

Surgery was a success and I didn't even think about dipping or anything else for months. By default, and after 8 months of chemo I was free of the nicotine. You would think I was done right? Wrong, it wasn't long before I was playing golf again, or fishing with the guys (some of those guys dipped and of course we turned back a few beers), I was able to dodge the urge for awhile, but it wasn't long before I was bumming a dip. I would just take a little bitty tiny one, about the size of a pea. no big deal I would say to myself. Anyway, about a year or so later I stopped bumming and made the idiot mistake of buying me some crack in the can.

Well, it's been close to 24 hours without a dip 'help' I will make it thru the night. I will conquer this addiction and be free. Your inspirational stories and encouragement are greatly appreciated, better yet, I need it. Cheers.
welcome slaphappy to your freedom from nicotine! You can do this!
Post roll every morning
Quit just for today
Repeat again tomorrow.
It is simple, but not easy. That is where the support comes in. Reach out, get to know your quit brothers. Help each other stay quit. Above all else, just stay quit today.
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 11/22/12
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »
Welcome aboard Slaphappy.

Video on how to post roll
March 2013 - Mad Men of Quit        
Quit date: 11/22/12          
Sobriety Date: 4/10/2006         
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline Sharsky

• Quitter
  • Uh huh huh huh huh huh
  • Quit Date: 10/12/12
  • Interests: Camping, Biking (mountain and road), BBQ'ing, and puppy activities
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
Awesome slaphappy...welcome aboard officially!

this helped me out ALOT very early on, still does------ 'exercise'
January '13 Jackwagins
Quit Date:  October 12, 2012

Offline Sharsky

• Quitter
  • Uh huh huh huh huh huh
  • Quit Date: 10/12/12
  • Interests: Camping, Biking (mountain and road), BBQ'ing, and puppy activities
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »
Reserving my 'welcome aboard' until you post up a Day 1 with your word that you will not use nicotine today Slap.....check out that all caps WELCOME CENTER within the black bar near the top of the screen. Posting DAILY roll around these parts is what its all about...the earlier the better. That's the promise we all make to each other that we will not use NIC, for today only.

Hopefully you just havent logged on to any internet machiny thingy's yet to post your promise. I hope you havent bailed after just one intro post, things start getting smelly in here when that happens.

Make the decision to do this. Best dammed decision you will ever make...PM me if you need any numbers. I'll quit with you today....
January '13 Jackwagins
Quit Date:  October 12, 2012

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 11:03:00 AM »
926 days ago I was in your boat. Although it didnt take a cancer diagnosis to get me here. I dipped 24 years and I quietly feared each day that today would be the day that I took the dip that gave me cancer. I would like to think that if I ever was diagnosed then I would quit forever...but being an addict I would probably have dipped again.

The difference is 1) DETERMINATION-you must decide once and for all that you are done. No matter how bad the cravings get, no matter how severe the withdrawl is...you are done! 2) SUPPORT-you can lie to your friends and I will lie to mine...but we cant lie to each other. We are all addicts here. We will not accept horse shit addict excuses. We will accept your word and we will hold you to it. 3) INVOLVMENT-invest yourself in not only your quit but the quit of others. You will find that helping others with their quit will strengthen your own quit. 4) EDUCATION- The more you learn about how big tobacco intentionally addicted you to tobacco, caused you to pay them for the privledge of addiction, and turned you out like a cheap whore, the more determined you will become to kick those fuckers in the head and proclaim: "Not today you sorry Motherfuckers! Not today!"

Welcome and Congratulations on the best decision of your life.

MOA

Offline KC Bronco

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family time, Bass & Catfish fishing, golf, coaching baseball, drinking beer with friends and family, reading World War II books, Denver Broncos and Kansas Jayhawks
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 10:40:00 AM »
Welcome Slaphappy. I too am in the March Quit group. I chewed for 25 years religiously. Today I am 11 days quit.

This group/website is hardcore. The motto I've put together and summarized from these guys is simple. "Hope is for pussies. Real men quit" A little harsh but true.

There is no way I would have made Day 11 of Quit without this website. I come to a few times a day. Instead of saying I quit forever...say I quit TODAY. Today I quit. I say it every morning when I get out bed. Oh...and don't forget to Post Roll...you'll hear about it if you don't

I know you can do it. Everyone here is in the same boat!

KC Bronco
?People want to see the car crash instead of the race. But, when you're the one in the car that's crashing, it's not much fun. I'm enjoying the race.?
? Nikki Sixx, Motley Crue

Offline goodtowner

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »
Quote from: slap
Well, it's been close to 24 hours without a dip 'help' I will make it thru the night. I will conquer this addiction and be free. Your inspirational stories and encouragement are greatly appreciated, better yet, I need it. Cheers.
You'll make it, it sucks, but you can do it. Head over to the March quit group and post roll. It's late in the day, but you can try it out and give us your word for tonight. Tomorrow, start fresh in the morning with a promise to refrain from nicotine for the day. We'll do the same. Welcome to temporary hell. :)
BD

Offline slaphappy

• Quitter
    • www.officelocating.com
  • Interests: Real Estate, Golf, Salt Water Fishing, Cooking, Cycling
« on: December 11, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »
My plan was to wait for the new year, but I wanted to be prepare for the big day, so while at my office I searched Google for how to stop dipping and came across killthecan community. The stories inspired me so much, that I decided, why wait, and yesterday 12.10.2012 at about 6:00pm I open the can and dumped the long cut, crack nicotine in the trash. I almost didn't make it out of the office without diving back into the trash for one last pinch before leaving the office. I'm sure many of you can relate:-), but I stuck to my guns and went home. It wasn't long after eating dinner before I started to wonder how long It would be before jetting out the door to the local dealer to grab me some fresh Grizzly Long-cut crack in the can. What a wimp, surely I can last longer than a couple of hours? Lucky for me, I had sunflower seeds at home, and some gum, so I got busy and made it through the night.

I'm afraid to admit it guys, but I was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer back in 2005, and was told by my doctors the bad kidney needs to be removed, along with part of my bladder and ureter _
The doctors aren't sure what gave me the cancer, but I couldn't help but think the dip may have had something to do with it, especially since I've been dipping for 34 years and routinely fell a sleep with a dip in my mouth. I actually had a dip in my mouth all the way up until the nurses rolled me to surgery and before they administered anaesthesia I told them to wait one second, hand me the trash can please so I can spit my dip out :D

Surgery was a success and I didn't even think about dipping or anything else for months. By default, and after 8 months of chemo I was free of the nicotine. You would think I was done right? Wrong, it wasn't long before I was playing golf again, or fishing with the guys (some of those guys dipped and of course we turned back a few beers), I was able to dodge the urge for awhile, but it wasn't long before I was bumming a dip. I would just take a little bitty tiny one, about the size of a pea. no big deal I would say to myself. Anyway, about a year or so later I stopped bumming and made the idiot mistake of buying me some crack in the can.