Author Topic: been lurking finally going to post roll  (Read 19916 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1874
Re: been lurking finally going to post roll
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2020, 03:18:09 PM »
Day 105 - My cravings have spiked this week, and they like to hang on for long periods of time.  This is no surprise to me I have been this far on my own, and know from reading others journeys that this would happen.  But it does start to get at a guy.  Many of my failures on my own happened after a significant amount of time off nicotine, and still getting withdrawal symptoms, and cravings.  This time is different... I have armed myself with knowledge, and accountability to others.  I don't have false expectations that it should be easy for me now that I have reached 100 days.  I really don't know how long it will take for it to be quote, unquote easier, but I do know all I can control is today.  So I will quit with you all today and we will let the other shit work itself out.

Great job @SmokeyMountainExpress .  The craves and fog come in waves but you have reached the stage where they are reduced in quantity and strength. Keep using your tools and don't be afraid to reach out if needed. The light at the end of the tunnel will be getting brighter and brighter for you.
Jan19

Offline SmokeyMountainExpress

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11/12/2019
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2020, 02:17:29 PM »
Day 105 - My cravings have spiked this week, and they like to hang on for long periods of time.  This is no surprise to me I have been this far on my own, and know from reading others journeys that this would happen.  But it does start to get at a guy.  Many of my failures on my own happened after a significant amount of time off nicotine, and still getting withdrawal symptoms, and cravings.  This time is different... I have armed myself with knowledge, and accountability to others.  I don't have false expectations that it should be easy for me now that I have reached 100 days.  I really don't know how long it will take for it to be quote, unquote easier, but I do know all I can control is today.  So I will quit with you all today and we will let the other shit work itself out.

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2020, 12:30:11 PM »
Congrats @SmokeyMountainExpress on reaching HOF. Stay loyal to  your routine brother.

Congrats on that hunnert Smokey!!! IQWYT

Congrats on HOF Smokey!! Thank you for all you do! Proud to quit with you and glad to call you a friend. Look forward to many more zeros with you!

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2020, 09:14:59 AM »
Congrats @SmokeyMountainExpress on reaching HOF. Stay loyal to  your routine brother.

Congrats on that hunnert Smokey!!! IQWYT
To remain quit requires focus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2020, 08:36:38 AM »
Jan19

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2020, 06:56:30 PM »
99 days quit -  No HOF speech for a bit, but I want to put this out there for any of the guests I always see reading these posts!

As a once long time lurker, and procrastinator extraordinaire I know quitting can be a scary thought.  I don’t know how many times I said I was going to quit, and then found a reason not to like I’m going fishing or hunting this weekend, or I am coaching a baseball game, or maybe I got vacation coming in a couple weeks.  I guess I’ll just have to quit after that.  Since I started around 23 years old I always thought I would quit way before 30.  Then at some point after all the I’ll quit laters I found myself to be almost 37 years old and more addicted than ever before. 
There is no easy/convenient time to quit.  So if your reading this and still on the poison ask yourself if you plan on chewing the rest of your life... I’m guessing you are planning on quitting.  There is no time better than now.  The longer you go the more risk of health problems, and the more money you will waste.  You have to quit sometime so rip off the bandaid and get the pain over with.  It will be worth it!

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2020, 12:46:31 AM »
Day - 92

Stacking up days one by one, and putting more and more time on my quit.  Anxiety and depression still a daily battle , but becoming less intense.  I find myself reading articles and drama on the KTC boards to keep my mind occupied.  Also stop by the live chat room from time to time.

Also slowly coming out of my introvert/shy shell and trying to post more often and text my fellow quitters/supporters.  I urge everyone using this site to be more vocal, and active on all the boards especially your own groups.  That is what is going to help you and your groups quit. 

And a going away thought... I appreciate all the no bull shit, bad ass quitters that have the balls to be the bad guy and put the addicts that are not conforming, or getting lazy in there quit in there place.  Without these “bad guys” this site would be half of what it is.  No ball coddling here!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dW37AGZ0Pj0
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 01:00:40 AM by SmokeyMountainExpress »

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Date: 10/01/2019
  • Interests: Quiting, Motorcycles, Fishing, Cooking and BBQ
  • Likes Given: 300
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2020, 04:59:42 PM »
day 85 -  the last week has been a mental struggle with trying to stay positive... I continue to have tough days with craves, anxiety, and depression.  They seem to let up for a couple of days, and then come back for a couple of days.  I will continue to fight with all of you ODAAT knowing nothing good ever comes easy.
It will get better. The cravings will become less of a struggle after a while. Focusing ODAAT keeps the battle manageable. Special occasions seem to be a trigger for a lot of people. Stay the course and know there is light at the end of the tunnel. You got this.
I've been quit just shy of 4 years but one of the most vivid times I remember struggling hard was during days 75-90. The hall of fame is close but still a few weeks away and it seems like the cravings are just as intense as at the beginning. Keep focusing ODAAT and stay close to the site. Try to fit in a little extra exercise and know it will pass. Times likes this come and go throughout our quit journeys; we are never cured. This is why at 1,381 days I have yet to miss a day posting roll. You got this.
@SmokeyMountainExpress
You got this bud, I had a major funk fight at around 75 days.  You will get swings, but do know they come further and further apart.  You are doing awsome, I am proud to quit with you today. 
Wildirish intro https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=805.msg125916#msg125916

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4349
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2020, 02:33:50 PM »
day 85 -  the last week has been a mental struggle with trying to stay positive... I continue to have tough days with craves, anxiety, and depression.  They seem to let up for a couple of days, and then come back for a couple of days.  I will continue to fight with all of you ODAAT knowing nothing good ever comes easy.
It will get better. The cravings will become less of a struggle after a while. Focusing ODAAT keeps the battle manageable. Special occasions seem to be a trigger for a lot of people. Stay the course and know there is light at the end of the tunnel. You got this.
I've been quit just shy of 4 years but one of the most vivid times I remember struggling hard was during days 75-90. The hall of fame is close but still a few weeks away and it seems like the cravings are just as intense as at the beginning. Keep focusing ODAAT and stay close to the site. Try to fit in a little extra exercise and know it will pass. Times likes this come and go throughout our quit journeys; we are never cured. This is why at 1,381 days I have yet to miss a day posting roll. You got this.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2020, 02:18:32 PM »
Jan19

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2020, 01:40:28 PM »

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2020, 11:02:04 AM »
@SmokeyMountainExpress is your mouth feeling better? Lots of brushing and mouthwash helped me.

@Keith0617 my mouth is feeling is feeling better.  Thanks for asking.  Mostly my mouth problems have been all in my head, but I am getting better at fighting the anxiety / paranoia.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2020, 09:23:07 AM »
@SmokeyMountainExpress is your mouth feeling better? Lots of brushing and mouthwash helped me.
Jan19

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2020, 12:36:04 PM »
DAY - 78 - gotta love the support.  Thank you to Indrek, Keith0617, and Ankape for reaching out it helps a lot.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 12:46:06 PM by SmokeyMountainExpress »

Offline Indrek

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2020, 11:51:43 AM »
day 74-  nothing much to report... I find myself pushing my tongue around the inside of my mouth a lot.  I note every single little bump.. this is not healthy for my anxiety.. when I push up against the inside of my upper lip between my lip and nose I can feel several little bumps some bigger than others, and some little ones grouped together all under the skin, and you cant see them from the outside.  I never really paid attention to this area before.  Anyone else know if this is normal?

All good, its just anxiety from fked up neurotransmiters. Im on day 95 and ive calmed down A LOT over the last week or two. I had crazy paranoid thoughts about physical and more about mental well being. Im really starting to feel okay already.