Author Topic: been lurking finally going to post roll  (Read 20803 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2001
Re: been lurking finally going to post roll
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2020, 07:29:11 PM »
day 74-  nothing much to report... I find myself pushing my tongue around the inside of my mouth a lot.  I note every single little bump.. this is not healthy for my anxiety.. when I push up against the inside of my upper lip between my lip and nose I can feel several little bumps some bigger than others, and some little ones grouped together all under the skin, and you cant see them from the outside.  I never really paid attention to this area before.  Anyone else know if this is normal?

It’s all good brother. I had similar issues. For me around day 125 things normalized. If you look hard enough you can find almost anything. If it would help, go to the doctor or dentist if you haven’t recently.
Jan19

Offline SmokeyMountainExpress

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11/12/2019
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2020, 12:06:39 PM »
day 74-  nothing much to report... I find myself pushing my tongue around the inside of my mouth a lot.  I note every single little bump.. this is not healthy for my anxiety.. when I push up against the inside of my upper lip between my lip and nose I can feel several little bumps some bigger than others, and some little ones grouped together all under the skin, and you cant see them from the outside.  I never really paid attention to this area before.  Anyone else know if this is normal?

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2020, 11:29:53 AM »
day 71 - Not much to talk about when it comes to symptoms.  Throat hasn't bugged me for a while, and mouth is still a little off but nothing like before.  So I think Ill list a couple of wins that make the struggle worthwhile to me.

1- My wife being able to kiss me without asking if I have a dip in.
2-  Being able to talk to me children (12,14) and tell them to never let nicotine in their life!!
3 - not having to go to the Gas station all the time, and planning my life around how much chew is left in my can.
4 - coaching youth basketball, and baseball without hiding the dip in my lip and being a better role model
5 - not having half full spitters in my car, on my desk at work, at home by my recliner.

I'm sure I could list many more, but these are the ones that pop into my head now.  Notice none of these wins mention the actual health benefits, being an addict takes away so much more than your health, and you don't even realize it until you quit. Life's too short to be planning life around your next fix.  Keep on, keeping on quitters ODAAT!

Offline TerryConklin

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 08:50:06 PM »
day 64-  been feeling better the last couple of days.  my tongue and mouth are feeling somewhat normal, and my anxiety is relatively low.  glad to be on the good side of the pendulum for now!  Drinking gallons of water, and talking on live chat when anxiety gets high... have been the greatest help in coping for me so far.

If you don't mind sharing, what kinds of symptoms were you having post-quit? I'm trying to find reference points for my own symptoms. I've got pain in my gums and jaw, headaches, and a persistent sore throat. Like you, I've been worried about it so I'm curious about other people's experience.

Terry  - I had a persistent sore throat as well on the left side close to my voice box, and sometimes I would get anxiety when eating and it would swell up making swallowing hard.  As far as my mouth I would describe it as a dull annoying almost numbing feeling on the side of my tongue, and on the inside of my lips.

I have the exact same sore throat. It's on the left side by my voice box. It feels dry all the time, like I just can't stay hydrated, and feels like it makes swallowing harder. It's in the same spot where I experienced pain last year and had an ultrasound that came back normal. I'm going to just give it time and see how it feels after more and more days/weeks of quitting.
Wow, guys.
Hardcore... super proud of you for grabbin’ nuts and powering through. That’s real quitting.

A couple things come to mind as I’m reading your discussion. PLEASE keep in mind this is in NO way medical advice or anything close to a professional grade offering.

1... This is what nicotine did to you. Let that soak in. All this fear and anxiety is what nicotine did to your mind and physical well-being. It sucks right? It sucks big fat balls, right? If that ain’t reason enough to be permanently turned off nic AND fuel a lifelong hate... I don’t know what is!

2... I don’t know how many years you used nicotine but I have to assume it’s FAR longer than you’ve been quit. Nicotine is a naaaaaasty substance. Drop for drop, it’s as powerful as heroin. Drop for drop, it’s as potent a poison as strychnine. It’s even been used, and known, as one of the most powerful pesticides ever. In other words...

... It WILL fuck you up. Period.

Mentally and physically, healing will take time. There’s just no way around that. You’re creating a new normal for you and, well, that’s NOT normal! It all takes time and everyone is different so to speak of time tables is a bit hard. That’s why this place is so great and why it’s SO vital you get involved. You WILL run into someone that can relate and knowing you’re not alone is worth more than words can say.

Be patient... some/most/all, of these things will fade and become a distant memory and, hopefully, a reminder to stay quit. That being said... getting your ass to the doctor is not a sign of weakness in any way. Take care of you. Make sure it’s nothing. And if it is... tackle it with the energy your new found freedom gives you.

Rock on...
I can vouch for this, Applejack is spot on, word for word. But just like you smokey and terry, there were actually 2 periods of time early on in my quit where i had the same sore spot in my throat. It wasn't like having a sore throat like when you're sick, but more like the feeling of having a rock stuck in your throat and only on one side. Definitely weird. But it did pass with time and all is well now. I found stealing some of my 7 yo daughter's popcicles worked like a charm! Flavor ice are the best  ;D . Which reminds me, i better buy her some more flavor ice tomorrow. So continue on, keep pushing through and eventually NIC'S evil grasp will loosen little by little. You guys have got this!

Weirdest thing... I've been having that dry throat feeling on my left side but today it has become that sort of irritating 'lump' feeling only on that side exactly like you described. It seems to subside a bit when I eat or drink but comes back when I'm done. If I hadn't read about other people's experiences with this same thing I'd be more inclined to freak out.

Gotta get me some popsicles!  8)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 02:47:55 PM »
day 66 - I would have to say that although my quit has been challenging so far... I have been pretty lucky not having real strong cravings.  Well today marked the first real time I felt the nic bitch crawling under my skin in a while. Popped in a piece of gum, and I'm chopping the hell out of it.  No chance of caving today, but I definitely feel like an Addict!!!
You are rocking it but I do know what you mean about feeling like an addict. Makes sense because we are addicts. Just shows the import of not getting complacent, staying loyal to your routine, making relationships, and WUPP EDD.
Jan19

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 12:46:23 PM »
day 66 - I would have to say that although my quit has been challenging so far... I have been pretty lucky not having real strong cravings.  Well today marked the first real time I felt the nic bitch crawling under my skin in a while. Popped in a piece of gum, and I'm chopping the hell out of it.  No chance of caving today, but I definitely feel like an Addict!!!

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 01:51:41 AM »
day 64-  been feeling better the last couple of days.  my tongue and mouth are feeling somewhat normal, and my anxiety is relatively low.  glad to be on the good side of the pendulum for now!  Drinking gallons of water, and talking on live chat when anxiety gets high... have been the greatest help in coping for me so far.

If you don't mind sharing, what kinds of symptoms were you having post-quit? I'm trying to find reference points for my own symptoms. I've got pain in my gums and jaw, headaches, and a persistent sore throat. Like you, I've been worried about it so I'm curious about other people's experience.

Terry  - I had a persistent sore throat as well on the left side close to my voice box, and sometimes I would get anxiety when eating and it would swell up making swallowing hard.  As far as my mouth I would describe it as a dull annoying almost numbing feeling on the side of my tongue, and on the inside of my lips.

I have the exact same sore throat. It's on the left side by my voice box. It feels dry all the time, like I just can't stay hydrated, and feels like it makes swallowing harder. It's in the same spot where I experienced pain last year and had an ultrasound that came back normal. I'm going to just give it time and see how it feels after more and more days/weeks of quitting.
Wow, guys.
Hardcore... super proud of you for grabbin’ nuts and powering through. That’s real quitting.

A couple things come to mind as I’m reading your discussion. PLEASE keep in mind this is in NO way medical advice or anything close to a professional grade offering.

1... This is what nicotine did to you. Let that soak in. All this fear and anxiety is what nicotine did to your mind and physical well-being. It sucks right? It sucks big fat balls, right? If that ain’t reason enough to be permanently turned off nic AND fuel a lifelong hate... I don’t know what is!

2... I don’t know how many years you used nicotine but I have to assume it’s FAR longer than you’ve been quit. Nicotine is a naaaaaasty substance. Drop for drop, it’s as powerful as heroin. Drop for drop, it’s as potent a poison as strychnine. It’s even been used, and known, as one of the most powerful pesticides ever. In other words...

Mentally and physically, healing will take time. There’s just no way around that. You’re creating a new normal for you and, well, that’s NOT normal! It all takes time and everyone is different so to speak of time tables is a bit hard. That’s why this place is so great and why it’s SO vital you get involved. You WILL run into someone that can relate and knowing you’re not alone is worth more than words can say.

Be patient... some/most/all, of these things will fade and become a distant memory and, hopefully, a reminder to stay quit. That being said... getting your ass to the doctor is not a sign of weakness in any way. Take care of you. Make sure it’s nothing. And if it is... tackle it with the energy your new found freedom gives you.

Rock on...
I can vouch for this, Applejack is spot on, word for word. But just like you smokey and terry, there were actually 2 periods of time early on in my quit where i had the same sore spot in my throat. It wasn't like having a sore throat like when you're sick, but more like the feeling of having a rock stuck in your throat and only on one side. Definitely weird. But it did pass with time and all is well now. I found stealing some of my 7 yo daughter's popcicles worked like a charm! Flavor ice are the best  ;D . Which reminds me, i better buy her some more flavor ice tomorrow. So continue on, keep pushing through and eventually NIC'S evil grasp will loosen little by little. You guys have got this!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 01:53:46 AM by Bug Guy »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 11:19:23 AM »

Wow, guys.

Rock on...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline TerryConklin

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 10:23:36 AM »

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 09:10:40 AM »
Geez brother, that's about as serious as I've seen regarding the physical withdrawal. Good job sacking up and seeing the doctor about it - sticking your head in the sand never solved anything. Whatever befalls you now, it will encounter a free man, not a slave. That's always a good thing.  Keep blogging it out - you're helping others even as you help yourself.
Qutting with you today
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 09:01:13 AM »

Offline TerryConklin

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 06:24:55 AM »

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 02:42:58 PM »

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 11:01:06 AM »
Day 61 -  still working through anxiety, and being overall just down about everything.  Today I was paranoid about the sides of my tongue and mouth just not feeling right.  About got to the point of a anxiety attack, but was able to find something to do to sidetrack my mind.
Through about day 100 - 125 your do you is going through a lot. Be patient, realize what you are describing is normal, and let those days add up. It gets sooooooo much better. You can do it and we are here to help. Keep WUPP EDD and make some solid contacts. You got this. 
Jan19

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 11:35:14 PM »
Day 61 -  still working through anxiety, and being overall just down about everything.  Today I was paranoid about the sides of my tongue and mouth just not feeling right.  About got to the point of a anxiety attack, but was able to find something to do to sidetrack my mind.