Author Topic: Day 1 quit  (Read 4760 times)

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
Re: Day 1 quit
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2020, 09:14:53 PM »
Man each passing day makes me realize more and more just how shitty nicotine is. I've come to realize I was using it as a crutch, among many other reasons. That crutch is what helped keep my anxiety and depression at bay. Now that I've quit using, I have to deal with these thoughts and feelings I've tried to bury for so long. Mainly where I'm headed in life regarding career. I've always put it off and never did want to continue school with college. Now I'm really at a crossroads with a really good paying job but stuck on 3rd shift (and will be if i continue employment) and absolutely hate it. Now with this virus going around and businesses closed I feel trapped. I have an idea of what I want to do (something outdoors - landscaping?). I am just waiting on the right job opportunity at this point I guess.

Those who say 1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems are absolutely right.
*end rant

I relate to this 100% Thats exactly how I felt/feel about this thing. But it gets so much easier and makes you stronger/better version of yourself, keep quitting!

Feelings you have to deal with, without using a veil of nicotine to mask it all. You’ll learn to deal with everything with a clean and clear mind. It’s really difficult, but you’ll succeed, eventually, as long as you want it bad enough

and from what I see, you do want it!

@Rexx

As usual, Chick speaks the truth.  I'll add two points:

If you are having serious problems with depression and/or anxiety, do not be afraid of seeking help and talking to someone.  Many times a couple sessions with a pro that can teach you copping skills is enough to get back on track.

Blog out your thoughts and experiences here in Intros and/or in your quit group.  If you are feeling a certain way, chances are many people here are having similar feelings.  It is therapeutic to write these things out and you will most likely get reactions from folks who have been where you are.  Knowing our symptoms are not unique and that others have come out on the other end can be invaluable and can be enough to get you through to the next day.  It takes a bit of a leap of faith to put yourself out there but it pays dividends in the strength of your quit.

Pm me for digits if you'd like some added accountability.  Hold the line brother.

PTBQWYT my friend

~HAG

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2020, 08:29:22 PM »
Man each passing day makes me realize more and more just how shitty nicotine is. I've come to realize I was using it as a crutch, among many other reasons. That crutch is what helped keep my anxiety and depression at bay. Now that I've quit using, I have to deal with these thoughts and feelings I've tried to bury for so long. Mainly where I'm headed in life regarding career. I've always put it off and never did want to continue school with college. Now I'm really at a crossroads with a really good paying job but stuck on 3rd shift (and will be if i continue employment) and absolutely hate it. Now with this virus going around and businesses closed I feel trapped. I have an idea of what I want to do (something outdoors - landscaping?). I am just waiting on the right job opportunity at this point I guess.

*end rant

I relate to this 100% Thats exactly how I felt/feel about this thing. But it gets so much easier and makes you stronger/better version of yourself, keep quitting!

Feelings you have to deal with, without using a veil of nicotine to mask it all. You’ll learn to deal with everything with a clean and clear mind. It’s really difficult, but you’ll succeed, eventually, as long as you want it bad enough

and from what I see, you do want it!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Indrek

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2020, 01:19:54 PM »

*end rant

Offline Rexx

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3-31-2020
  • Interests: Hillsong Music, hiking, outdoors stuff, bicycling, banjo playing & God
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2020, 11:00:16 AM »

*end rant
You are in control of your own decisions. Act like it.

Mark 9:23
Proverbs 16:9

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2020, 05:03:44 PM »
It's been an on and off relationship for a while now. Ready to call it quits for good. Day 1 is done.
Welcome @Rexx . Here is the link to go start posting in your July 2020 group https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16409.0 . We wake up and post our promise to stay nicotine free for the day. Only worry about today. Then repeat the process tomorrow. Make relationships with fellow quitters and those relationships will be hug. Only exchange digits through personal messages and not on the forum or here in the Intro section. It sucks for a while and then it gets better. You can do this and we are here to help.
Do it one day at a time!  We are all right with you and by your side.  Make your promise to not use tobacco first thing every morning.  Keep that promise all day and do it again the next day.
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Indrek

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2020, 01:12:40 PM »
I had my first dip dream and it was so bizarre. I was ninja dipping in the shower and after I got out, dry off and put clothes on my gf appears outta nowhere so I somehow hide the dip under my tongue or something lol. She never noticed but then I woke up and just felt this blanket of guilt and shame on me. Gotta love dreams. Anyone else have a dip dream to share or at least reply if you've had one this soon into your quit (12 days).

Other than that I'm doing pretty good. Little to no cravings. Still sleep like crap though
I had them early and still do. Same reaction still, I wake up pissed, scared, angry, and disappointed. Then I realize it's a dream and I am Jubilant and grateful. I have come to appreciate the Nic Dreams. I found a pouch of tobacco in my shop and kind of had a flashback of the dreams, the feelings and such. I was able to torch the crap with no regret and move on. The sleep will get better, I had to make myself physically tired to break the sleepless stuff, but sleeping good now and out of habit do more physical throughout the day. It's all good. Hang in there you are in the thick of it and it will get better. PTQWYT
Olcpo 138

I double the physically tired stuff, i pretty much had to work out like a maniac every day for like 2-3 months to have a chance at a peaceful sleep. It was really weird because i love sleeping otherwise lol. Im sleeping like a baby now again... 169 days of freedom

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Gravity Always Wins; 1 problem + nicotine=2 probs
  • Quit Date: November 26, 2019
  • Interests: March 2020; No Nicotine Today; One Day At A Time; By God's Grace, I Am Quit
  • Likes Given: 379
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2020, 11:18:42 AM »
I had my first dip dream and it was so bizarre. I was ninja dipping in the shower and after I got out, dry off and put clothes on my gf appears outta nowhere so I somehow hide the dip under my tongue or something lol. She never noticed but then I woke up and just felt this blanket of guilt and shame on me. Gotta love dreams. Anyone else have a dip dream to share or at least reply if you've had one this soon into your quit (12 days).

Other than that I'm doing pretty good. Little to no cravings. Still sleep like crap though
I had them early and still do. Same reaction still, I wake up pissed, scared, angry, and disappointed. Then I realize it's a dream and I am Jubilant and grateful. I have come to appreciate the Nic Dreams. I found a pouch of tobacco in my shop and kind of had a flashback of the dreams, the feelings and such. I was able to torch the crap with no regret and move on. The sleep will get better, I had to make myself physically tired to break the sleepless stuff, but sleeping good now and out of habit do more physical throughout the day. It's all good. Hang in there you are in the thick of it and it will get better. PTQWYT
Olcpo 138
Micah 6:8
"Dying is easy, It's Living that's tough".
"Caving is easy, It's Quitting that is Tough"

Offline Rexx

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hillsong Music, hiking, outdoors stuff, bicycling, banjo playing & God
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2020, 08:22:18 AM »

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2020, 09:30:10 PM »
     Today is day 5 of my quit. I made it through a full work week! Normally I would have caved by this time after seeing just about all my coworkers with a fatty everyday for 5 days straight. But something is rather different this time. Not only would I let myself down, (which proven with experience it would happen and just be another line of excuses why) - now I would have let other people down I've promised I wouldn't. That's one of the greatest things about KTC and the biggest difference of why I am not failing. Wake up, piss and post, or in my case post during my 15 min break at work at roughly 2am is how I can now really hold myself accountable.

Day 1 was definitely the worst of it so far. By now my mood is already greatly improved and I don't feel the burden of some unhealthy choice that had control of me. Looking forward to the next time I can post my progress with even more great changes. If you are considering quitting and reading this - don't wait. I've told myself numerous times when trying to quit "I don't need help", "I'm not addicted; I can quit whenever". Don't wait! Don't bother to lie to yourself any more only to prolong what it really takes to quit. Join us and see your life change as you track your progress. I know 100% in my heart I would be back at day 1 today if I never discovered and joined in on this. Don't wait.
Congrats on your first full week without nicotine! It’s your first small step in this ginormous journey we call quitting. Glad to see you’re doing well so far and noticing the good changes happening to your mood and health already. This is what we like to see and read about from the newer quitters. Proud of you man, you have my digits, message me if you need anything. PTBQWYT

Good on ya @Rexx .  5 days down, a whole healthy life in front of you.  Who'd a thought that a group of internet strangers could become more than strangers over 5 days and actually hold you accountable to your quit?  That's the unlikely difference between this site/method of quitting and others.  You seem to be doing everything right.  You have some rocky days ahead and some challenges but if you buy in, read as much as you can here, WUPP EEDD, make connections and remain active, I'm confident you can beat this thing.  Digits are a PM away.  Hold the line man.

PTBQWYT my friend
Boom. Getting it done.
Any glitches, use your tools.
Keep your tools close, and keep reading everything you can on here. Make connections and use them when needed. You've got my number as well, so I expect a phone call first before you ever cross that line into failing. I'll talk down into the office where you can smash your package In The desk drawer, that usually gets folks to forget about wanting a chew!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2020, 05:22:44 PM »
     Today is day 5 of my quit. I made it through a full work week! Normally I would have caved by this time after seeing just about all my coworkers with a fatty everyday for 5 days straight. But something is rather different this time. Not only would I let myself down, (which proven with experience it would happen and just be another line of excuses why) - now I would have let other people down I've promised I wouldn't. That's one of the greatest things about KTC and the biggest difference of why I am not failing. Wake up, piss and post, or in my case post during my 15 min break at work at roughly 2am is how I can now really hold myself accountable.

Day 1 was definitely the worst of it so far. By now my mood is already greatly improved and I don't feel the burden of some unhealthy choice that had control of me. Looking forward to the next time I can post my progress with even more great changes. If you are considering quitting and reading this - don't wait. I've told myself numerous times when trying to quit "I don't need help", "I'm not addicted; I can quit whenever". Don't wait! Don't bother to lie to yourself any more only to prolong what it really takes to quit. Join us and see your life change as you track your progress. I know 100% in my heart I would be back at day 1 today if I never discovered and joined in on this. Don't wait.
Congrats on your first full week without nicotine! It’s your first small step in this ginormous journey we call quitting. Glad to see you’re doing well so far and noticing the good changes happening to your mood and health already. This is what we like to see and read about from the newer quitters. Proud of you man, you have my digits, message me if you need anything. PTBQWYT

Good on ya @Rexx .  5 days down, a whole healthy life in front of you.  Who'd a thought that a group of internet strangers could become more than strangers over 5 days and actually hold you accountable to your quit?  That's the unlikely difference between this site/method of quitting and others.  You seem to be doing everything right.  You have some rocky days ahead and some challenges but if you buy in, read as much as you can here, WUPP EEDD, make connections and remain active, I'm confident you can beat this thing.  Digits are a PM away.  Hold the line man.

PTBQWYT my friend
Boom. Getting it done.
Any glitches, use your tools.
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 02:23:05 PM »

PTBQWYT my friend

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Wake Up, Kick Ass, Do it all over again.
  • Quit Date: 2020-01-02
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2020, 04:41:16 PM »

Proud To Be Quit With You Today

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk
beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Rexx

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2020, 01:30:01 PM »

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 08:10:52 AM »
Day 1 I had a terrible headache all day long, slept incredibly poorly and had brain fog the entire work night. Day 2, however - what a difference already. I slept much better but still woke up early in my sleep. No headache and more energy. Been chugging water. Started to get some cravings though. Tomorrow is hump day, hopefully.

Rexx - 2
It keeps getting better overall, moments of drudge, sludge and crud. Just KNOW it will get better. Grateful you are here. You've got this...One minute at a time, one hour..., One Day at a Time
ture words there ^^^
Great to see that day 2! rollercoaster to come, but all improves each day. Headaches, throat pain, heartburn, oh and maybe in a few weeks 'purge gas' is used to call it hahaha.
Stay true to your routine. Keep your word. Find positives. Reach out in time on need and know you can do this.
Jan19

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 01:27:40 PM »
Day 1 I had a terrible headache all day long, slept incredibly poorly and had brain fog the entire work night. Day 2, however - what a difference already. I slept much better but still woke up early in my sleep. No headache and more energy. Been chugging water. Started to get some cravings though. Tomorrow is hump day, hopefully.

Rexx - 2
It keeps getting better overall, moments of drudge, sludge and crud. Just KNOW it will get better. Grateful you are here. You've got this...One minute at a time, one hour..., One Day at a Time
ture words there ^^^
Great to see that day 2! rollercoaster to come, but all improves each day. Headaches, throat pain, heartburn, oh and maybe in a few weeks 'purge gas' is used to call it hahaha.