Author Topic: Chisler's Quit  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Churning the KTC Dookie Butter
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2017
  • Interests: Quitting!
  • Likes Given: 1068
Re: Chisler's Quit
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 08:47:53 PM »
Only 1 introduction per quitter
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
Re: Day 1
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 06:47:35 PM »
First day of the rest of my life without any nicotine.  No more Copenhagen!  I learned about KTC about 10 days ago and decided Februrary 1st would be the day I quit.  Happy to be here.
Now just have to find the May2020 HOF group and figure out Roll Call.  I need to be here every day!  Thanks for your support.

Hey @Chisler2120 .  Welcome aboard.  Make your way to the May '20 quit group: https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16257.0

Find the most recent roll page with this heading:
"May 2020 QUIT GROUP
For quit dates between 1/23/2020 and 2/22/2020

Saturday, February 1, 2020"

Tap "quote" in top right hand corner and post your day count and promise in the top (New BAD ### Quitters) group.  Repeat tomorrow.

Read as much as you can on the site.  Make as many connections as you can.  My number is a PM away.  Much more but all in good time.  Hold the line my friend.

PTBQWYT

~HAG
@Chisler2120 welsome. @EXBEARHAG has given you the link to freedom. We wake up, piss, and post our promise to stay nicotine free for the day. Keep our promise and then repeat the process. Check your messages as fellow quitters will be reaching out. Only exchange digits through personal messages, never on the forum or in the Intro section. You can do this and we are here to help.
@Chisler2120 these 2 guys have given great advice. Remember, you are here for you.  But you make that promise to all of us. That promise is simple....Today, I will not use nicotine. It’s that simple. Putting it in to play is, of course, a bit tougher, but that’s why you are here. We all know what it’s like. We know the suck that comes along with it. We know the trials, temptations and the feeling of wanting to give up. We know that EVERYONE will suck. EVERYONE will try to piss you off. Of course, that’s our brain getting rid of the nicotine and beginning the process of rewiring that has to happen. We also admit that we are all ADDICTS. You have to accept that, and it sounds like you have. Reach out to anyone on here at anytime for any reason. We are here to help you, just like people were here to help us when we all showed up. This is one place where seniority means jack crap in terms of quitting. Make connections. Swap some phone numbers. Dive in head first and “drink the kool-aid”. I promise, you won’t regret it. Glad to have you here.
@Chisler2120 looks like you already have an intro and started another thread in the intro section.  I suggest starting a trhread in wildcard.  I can always migrate the thread you started in intros there. Love, FF.
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
Re: Discussion on challenges of quitting
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 06:45:09 PM »
Hey quitters - newbies and vets: I would like a place where I can post and discuss thoughts, feelings, happy, sad, good and bad about all things that relate to Killing the Can.
   Recently people have posted on the daily posting page and some of these develop into a lengthy thread.  Some of this content is valuable to me as quitters post thoughts and feelings that I share or that mean something to me or that strengthen my quit. But they get real long and confusing, it’s hard for me to know who wrote what and who is being quoted.   I’m in the May2020 quit group, the Haymakers!  17 bad ass quitters that care about their own.  There are several veteran quitters, HOF and Comma club members that post their feelings and advice.  Some of the stuff sounds like a bitch session, but most of it is good stuff.   But it is still hard to follow and know who is saying what - at least when I am viewing it on my iPhone.

So, where do I post my following comment - this is something that I want the test of the Haymakers to read and it might be useful to other quitters that want to know that they are not alone with the shitty feeling of a challenging quit...
    I hope someone reads this and it makes their quit easier.  I hope someone comments and makes me feel stronger in my quit. 
    I could post this in a private group just for Haymakers on a different site, like on GroupMe, but that would take away from what should be an important part of the KTC forum.
   So here are my thoughts and comments today:
I am going to need to continue to post every day for more than 100 days, maybe a lot longer. After 82 days of quit I am pretty shocked and disappointed at how often I still think of nicotine and “miss it”.  The only way I did this so far is with support from the Haymakers.  ODAAT is what works for me, along with that promise if NNT.   I know I keep saying the same thing...but I need to say it and think it to stay quit and to look forward to posting again tomorrow.
   Yesterday I wrote that part of me kind of “feels sorry for me” because I no longer get the satisfaction of the rush of nicotine through my veins.   I don’t like to admit that because it makes me look and sound like a pussy, but it’s a true feeling or emotion. But I know it is only the addict that puts that thought in my brain and I am crushing that nic bitch every day. 
   I look forward to not having that voice in the back of my mind every day.

Now I want to tag some other quitters so they have a better chance of reading this- how do I do that?
@FISHFLORIDA , @Daviddim, @Rexx, @NErancher , @DevinHeff , @Thomas, @JDR,
@jeffg @Vin70 @dillon1982 @Mtndewfiend @Grainman @Macklin00 @Gbrad56 @austinc65 @Crusader Big D @Kevin5657 @Drilla 88 @Dahc
Well, if you don't already have an intro, and this is your intro, this is a good place to do it.  There are threads like these----> https://ktcforum.org/index.php?board=36.0  for people that want to better themselves on other things or threads in the wildcard to generally get yer' bitch on.  If it about you and your feelings, however, I suggest you put them in your home group or in your intro.  If you keep them in your intro, it is a place for you to always go back and see your past (so you don't forget it)
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Chisler2120

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: February 1, 2020
  • Interests: Playing banjo, Bowhunting, Flyfishing, Grandkids
  • Likes Given: 43
Discussion on challenges of quitting
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 06:22:36 PM »
Hey quitters - newbies and vets: I would like a place where I can post and discuss thoughts, feelings, happy, sad, good and bad about all things that relate to Killing the Can.
   Recently people have posted on the daily posting page and some of these develop into a lengthy thread.  Some of this content is valuable to me as quitters post thoughts and feelings that I share or that mean something to me or that strengthen my quit. But they get real long and confusing, it’s hard for me to know who wrote what and who is being quoted.   I’m in the May2020 quit group, the Haymakers!  17 bad ass quitters that care about their own.  There are several veteran quitters, HOF and Comma club members that post their feelings and advice.  Some of the stuff sounds like a bitch session, but most of it is good stuff.   But it is still hard to follow and know who is saying what - at least when I am viewing it on my iPhone.

So, where do I post my following comment - this is something that I want the test of the Haymakers to read and it might be useful to other quitters that want to know that they are not alone with the shitty feeling of a challenging quit...
    I hope someone reads this and it makes their quit easier.  I hope someone comments and makes me feel stronger in my quit. 
    I could post this in a private group just for Haymakers on a different site, like on GroupMe, but that would take away from what should be an important part of the KTC forum.
   So here are my thoughts and comments today:
I am going to need to continue to post every day for more than 100 days, maybe a lot longer. After 82 days of quit I am pretty shocked and disappointed at how often I still think of nicotine and “miss it”.  The only way I did this so far is with support from the Haymakers.  ODAAT is what works for me, along with that promise if NNT.   I know I keep saying the same thing...but I need to say it and think it to stay quit and to look forward to posting again tomorrow.
   Yesterday I wrote that part of me kind of “feels sorry for me” because I no longer get the satisfaction of the rush of nicotine through my veins.   I don’t like to admit that because it makes me look and sound like a pussy, but it’s a true feeling or emotion. But I know it is only the addict that puts that thought in my brain and I am crushing that nic bitch every day. 
   I look forward to not having that voice in the back of my mind every day.

Now I want to tag some other quitters so they have a better chance of reading this- how do I do that?
@FISHFLORIDA , @Daviddim, @Rexx, @NErancher , @DevinHeff , @Thomas, @JDR,
@jeffg @Vin70 @dillon1982 @Mtndewfiend @Grainman @Macklin00 @Gbrad56 @austinc65 @Crusader Big D @Kevin5657 @Drilla 88 @Dahc

Chisler

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 09:42:43 PM »
Welcome aboard brother!  I moved your other posts into your intro paragraph.  Keep on adding and keep on rackin' up those days!  Congrats on double digit days.
@Chisler2120 Hey man, keep us updated on the quit.  I'm posting support with you.  You're only job is to keep that crap outta yer lip.
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 03:04:56 PM »
Welcome aboard brother!  I moved your other posts into your intro paragraph.  Keep on adding and keep on rackin' up those days!  Congrats on double digit days.
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Chisler2120

• Quitter
Chisler's Quit
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 02:21:28 PM »
Hello, my name is Alan and I am proud and happy to say that I am a quitter, for real!   I wanted to share my story, in hopes that it might help someone else, but mostly for me to have something to look back on as my quit goes to double digits, 100 days, etc...  I hope this isn't too mixed up... but I didn't know where to post this at first and I started a couple days ago in the Suggestions forum instread of the Intro forum.  I asked for help and immediately help was offered.  So I restarted my intro, so it will be under my nae, then one of the admin folks will be kind enough to transfer my other "intro" postings to this thread.  Thanks!

HERE IS MY QUIT STORY:

I was looking around on an outdoor forum and happened to see a thread about quitting chewing and I saw this post:

" 1. Sign up at https://ktcforum.org/index.php#c2 (forum for quitters)
     2. Flush dip down toilet
     3. Pledge to all the folks in your quit group (month based) that you won't dip today.
     4. Repeat daily.

This worked for me. I dipped for about 18 years and I'm 798 days nicotine free. Please pm if you need anything at all [USER=5750]

The above website is the saddle hunter equivalent of "killing the can" its a great wealth of knowledge and tons of support. I'll be happy to quit with you today.   [/QUOTE]"

I happened to see this post from mcchvey the first time I was on this forum and I am so thankful that mcchevy took the time to share the word about "KilltheCan".  You never know who is listening.  I was listening and his post really caught my attention.  I'm 60, have been chewing for 40 years, have "quit" a couple times for as long as 6 mos - but I promise you, this is the real deal.

At first I was kind of thinking huh?  really? I need to join some group to get the support and help I need to beat my addiction!

YES!!!  That is exactly what I need because I sure can't do it by myself.  I am a slave to nicotine and I don't think I could have ever quit myself.  I am addicted to one of the most powerful drugs on the planet.  So I looked into the KicktheCan forum and I liked what I saw.  I planned my quit and quit on Feb 1, 2020.  10 days already and it's going really well.  I go to bed earlier, I get up earlier, I have CRAZY super detailed dreams and I actually put my hand in my pocket once in a while like I'm grabbing my can of chew.  Only 10 days but I know this is for real.  Not only do I pledge to the folks in my KTC quit group every day (day #10 for me and I promise I won't use nicotine today!) but I also pledge the same thing to my friends and family.

I am fortunate that I didn't "have" to quit for an obvious medical problem.

I hope my post will be seen by someone that will accept the help from ktcforum.org

This is day 7 for me and I am smiling so much my cheeks are sore.  I am just so happy that I have quit chewing.
   The only reason I am here today, as a quitter on the KTC forum is because someone posted on another forum how to quit and added a link to KTC.org.  This was on a hunting forum I was looking at when I noticed a thread talking about how hard it is to quit chewing.
   I don’t have time to finish this now, but I just wanted to get started posting an intro about my quit.  I am just trying to be accountable,  I have been telling everyone I know that I quit.  Of course I have “quit” before... but that’s ALL behind me now.  This IS so different this time.

I chewed for the last 40 years.  I loved Copenhagen pouches so much that I didn’t want to quit. I was so addicted my brain wouldn’t even let me think about quitting.

Then I heard about KilltheCan and it just hit me like a ton of bricks. For the first time ever, I planned my quit.  It was January 20 and I planned to quit on February 1.  I truly savored and loved every chew for those last 10 days.  Then on February 1 I was done!  I quit!  I am so happy. I am kind of ashamed and embarrassed that I was so addicted and that by myself, I was so helpless to the power of nicotine. 
    I think I am probably still powerless against nicotine by myself and that is why I am so thankful for all the support I know I have from my KTC brothers and sisters.

2 days later- now I have quit for 9 days. I’m not sure how this forum and thread stuff works.  I do have the daily posting figured out. I wrote the above paragraphs 2 days ago because I wanted to share my quit, but mostly because I want to have my thoughts and feelings written down somewhere.  I wrote it all on my phone, then I thought I posted it to the right spot in the forum. Yesterday I tried to find it from my computer but I could not feed my story/posting.  Today, I found that the KTCforum.org was still “open” on my phone.  I can’t tell if it was actually posted.  So I am adding this part today and will try to post it again.
  Maybe someone from admin can tell me if it shows up somewhere.  Or if another quitter reads this, maybe pm me... thanks.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 03:03:39 PM by FISHFLORIDA »
Chisler

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 12:18:22 PM »
First day of the rest of my life without any nicotine.  No more Copenhagen!  I learned about KTC about 10 days ago and decided Februrary 1st would be the day I quit.  Happy to be here.
Now just have to find the May2020 HOF group and figure out Roll Call.  I need to be here every day!  Thanks for your support.

Hey @Chisler2120 .  Welcome aboard.  Make your way to the May '20 quit group: https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16257.0

"May 2020 QUIT GROUP

Tap "quote" in top right hand corner and post your day count and promise in the top (New BAD ### Quitters) group.  Repeat tomorrow.

Read as much as you can on the site.  Make as many connections as you can.  My number is a PM away.  Much more but all in good time.  Hold the line my friend.

PTBQWYT

~HAG
@Chisler2120 welsome. @EXBEARHAG has given you the link to freedom. We wake up, piss, and post our promise to stay nicotine free for the day. Keep our promise and then repeat the process. Check your messages as fellow quitters will be reaching out. Only exchange digits through personal messages, never on the forum or in the Intro section. You can do this and we are here to help.
@Chisler2120 these 2 guys have given great advice. Remember, you are here for you.  But you make that promise to all of us. That promise is simple....Today, I will not use nicotine. It’s that simple. Putting it in to play is, of course, a bit tougher, but that’s why you are here. We all know what it’s like. We know the suck that comes along with it. We know the trials, temptations and the feeling of wanting to give up. We know that EVERYONE will suck. EVERYONE will try to piss you off. Of course, that’s our brain getting rid of the nicotine and beginning the process of rewiring that has to happen. We also admit that we are all ADDICTS. You have to accept that, and it sounds like you have. Reach out to anyone on here at anytime for any reason. We are here to help you, just like people were here to help us when we all showed up. This is one place where seniority means jack crap in terms of quitting. Make connections. Swap some phone numbers. Dive in head first and “drink the kool-aid”. I promise, you won’t regret it. Glad to have you here.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2030
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 11:55:58 AM »

"May 2020 QUIT GROUP

PTBQWYT

~HAG
Jan19

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 11:51:06 AM »

"May 2020 QUIT GROUP

PTBQWYT

~HAG

Offline Chisler2120

• Quitter
Chisler's Quit
« on: February 01, 2020, 11:43:40 AM »
Chisler