Author Topic: Day 2  (Read 2723 times)

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
Re: Day 2
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 02:14:20 PM »
@Mlockhartjr
How goes it?  I'm going to try to do my part to get you back in here and quit.  We know where you are right now because we have been there.  You know you want/need to quit but you know how hard it is going to be and how much it may disrupt your life.  We do not sugar coat things.  It will suck.  There is no easy way but there are many ways to quit.  We have a process that works.  Stop killing yourself being in between quitting and using.  DO IT NOW.  It is worth it.  There will never be a better time.  It will never get easier on you or your family.  Commit to yourself.  Post roll here on KTC.  Then sit back and let us guide you through the rest.  We want you quit.  Come back and make it happen.

PTBQWYT my friend.
~HAG

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 01:16:22 PM »
@Mlockhartjr
Quote from: Mlockhartjr
Any other tips to help would be awesome!

Tip #1 : Quit waiting. Do now.
Tip #2 : Quit dreading. You are on the path to freedom. It is liberating and exciting.
Tip #3 : Quit trying. You either are or aren't quit. Don't put the crap in your mouth and you are quit. There is no trying.
Tip #4 : No one needs nicotine
Tip #5 : No one needs nicotine to quit nicotine. Roughly 99.99% of the people who report having used the patch, nic gum, or lozenges, describe the same withdrawal symptoms upon quitting. We are addicted to nicotine, not ground-up dead leaves. I "tried" multiple NRT products on the market and found that my brain doesn't start to re-wire itself until after the nicotine is out of system.
Tip #6 : Don't rely on your own self. An addict mind manufactures bullshit. We try to sweep out bullshit as much as possible.
Tip #7 : Post roll call. Do this immediately before or after you introduce yourself. Make sure it gets done. You failed there.
Tip #8 : Post roll call every day. Be accountable.
Tip #9 : Post roll call first thing upon waking up every day. Promise to take nicotine off the table as an option. Keep your word.
Tip #10 : Read up here so you know how this place works.
Tip #11 : Headaches, sleeplessness, and extremely irritability are common withdrawal symptoms. You won't die from them.
Tip #12 : Quit asking for help and then ignoring the advice. Your way never worked in the past, quit relying on your way to quit. Do it the KTC way and you will be successful.

Let's see some other newcomer put these tips to action immediately. You'll thank me later.
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1987
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2020, 05:01:44 PM »
You were on here yesterday.

You ready to step up and do this the right way yet?

Needs to be done, man. Now is the best time.
@Mlockhartjr   @AppleJack states the truth. Today is the best day to quit. Never know which one is the one that lays the hammer on you with cancer. Stop playing the game. We are great at making excuses for just one more can or dip. Time to decide to take you life back. You can do it and we are here to help.
Jan19

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2020, 09:35:48 AM »
You were on here yesterday.

You ready to step up and do this the right way yet?

Needs to be done, man. Now is the best time.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 02:09:45 PM »
Using patches and Grinds to help...
Are you using nic patches right now?

This is a no nicotine site. Not just dip or smokes and the like. Nicotine is the substance you’re addicted to... let’s be clear on that. Using a patch isn’t quitting. It’s just a different delivery system for the substance you’re addicted to. And, yes, I keep saying addict/addicted. That’s what you are. That’s what we all are and why we’re here quitting every day. The sooner you admit and understand that, the quicker you can be all in to fight for your life.

Do this right. Do it cold turkey. No replacement shit... NO nicotine.

You got this.
Listen to him ^^^
Patches gone today. You'll be day 1 today.
You can do it. I sent you a PM.

Once you get rid of the patches, the process is easy:

1. Wake Up
2. Piss
3. Post your promise to be NICOTINE FREE for the next 24 hours
4. KEEP YOUR WORD!!
5. Repeat Daily

Simple but hard.  It will suck for a while, not going to lie.  Then one day, it won't suck as much and it will continue to NOT suck as much until it doesn't suck anymore at all.  Once that happens, you will still need to post your promise everyday because we are all one bad decision from caving. 

Click on the link to the right ---->>> July 2020 Pre-HOF Quit Group
and learn how to post roll.  Exchange phone numbers with other quitters through the "Private Message" feature on this site.  Those numbers are your lifeline.  Use them when the cravings get too strong.  Yes it seems a little weird at first, but better to be a little embarrassed then to go back to the can.
Those numbers are also the beginning of your web of accountability and brotherhood.

So dump those patches and take back your freedom from nicotine.
Where are you @Mlockhartjr you know you want this quit.
Dump it all, take that patch off and quit today.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 01:56:57 PM »

This is a no nicotine site. Not just dip or smokes and the like. Nicotine is the substance you’re addicted to... let’s be clear on that. Using a patch isn’t quitting. It’s just a different delivery system for the substance you’re addicted to. And, yes, I keep saying addict/addicted. That’s what you are. That’s what we all are and why we’re here quitting every day. The sooner you admit and understand that, the quicker you can be all in to fight for your life.

You got this.
Listen to him ^^^

Once you get rid of the patches, the process is easy:

1. Wake Up
2. Piss
3. Post your promise to be NICOTINE FREE for the next 24 hours
4. KEEP YOUR WORD!!
5. Repeat Daily

Simple but hard.  It will suck for a while, not going to lie.  Then one day, it won't suck as much and it will continue to NOT suck as much until it doesn't suck anymore at all.  Once that happens, you will still need to post your promise everyday because we are all one bad decision from caving. 

Click on the link to the right ---->>> July 2020 Pre-HOF Quit Group
and learn how to post roll.  Exchange phone numbers with other quitters through the "Private Message" feature on this site.  Those numbers are your lifeline.  Use them when the cravings get too strong.  Yes it seems a little weird at first, but better to be a little embarrassed then to go back to the can.
Those numbers are also the beginning of your web of accountability and brotherhood.

So dump those patches and take back your freedom from nicotine.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 01:07:40 PM »

You got this.
Listen to him ^^^
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 11:04:18 AM »

You got this.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1987
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 08:16:14 AM »
Hello all! I'm on day 2. I've been waiting for and dreading quitting for a long time. Tried and failed a lot of times. Using patches and Grinds to help. Honestly didn't expect any side effects on day 1 but it was a bit rough. Headaches, no sleep and extremely irritable (but that may be all the time with me haha). Couldn't quit thinking about the can. But I made it. Any other tips to help would be awesome! Thanks yall
@Mlockhartjr welcome to KTC. Click on the link and go post roll in your July 2020 group https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16409.0 .  Wake up, piss, and post your promise to stay nicotine free for the day. Keep your promise. Only worry about today. We will deal with tomorrow when it comes. Make some quality relationships on the site and a we all need fellow quitters to lean on Only exchange digits through personal messages and not on the forum or here in the Intro section. You can do this and we are here to help.
Jan19

Offline Nyles33

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 08:11:08 AM »
Hello all! I'm on day 2. I've been waiting for and dreading quitting for a long time. Tried and failed a lot of times. Using patches and Grinds to help. Honestly didn't expect any side effects on day 1 but it was a bit rough. Headaches, no sleep and extremely irritable (but that may be all the time with me haha). Couldn't quit thinking about the can. But I made it. Any other tips to help would be awesome! Thanks yall

Welcome Mlockhartjr - your quit has to start with why, so focus on a reason to live. That's the choice you're making by quitting,  because with tobacco its not a question of if it will kill you,  it's when. Quitting ain't going to be easy, but read up, post roll, and connect.  Plenty of people in here have found their reason to live, and have pushed through. The plan works if you let, so grab some digits today and get started on living without poison.

Offline Indrek

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 07:57:47 AM »
160 days here and totally worth going through about 90 sucky days. But we go cold turkey here so no patches. Everything you need is on this site, it works. Drink water, get some suppliments(vitamins, minerals) and get as much exercise as you can. Its actually really easy thing to do, you just might feel pretty crappy for some time but then you wont and you just need to keep quitting every day.

Offline Mlockhartjr

• Likes Given: 0
Day 2
« on: April 02, 2020, 06:52:54 AM »