Author Topic: Quitting  (Read 1963 times)

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
Re: Quitting
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 02:35:23 PM »
@DAWGS79

You are not alone.  Your story is the same as many of our stories.  Most folks that end up here are at the end of their line.  They have tried to quit many times on their own, only to be pulled back in by the nic bitch.  Speaking for myself, I failed almost every year for the last ~15 years or so.  I disappointed so many people over the years that disappointing them "one more time" ceased to be a deterrent.  Honestly, I did not think KTC would work for me either.  However, I decided I needed to quit for myself and posted roll.  My life has not been the same since.  265 days in a row today but there is no reason to think of it that way.  TODAY I am quit.  That is manageable.  Looking any further in the future is counterproductive. 

If you are ready to stop, post roll and get to know your quit mates.  Don't put that shit in your mouth for 24 hours and let us see you through those hours.  Repeat.  Before you know it, you'll have days stacked and you'll start to see a little candle flicker at the end of the tunnel.  You can do this....we can help.

PTBQWYT my friend

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 08:49:44 PM »
Post roll with a group or stay off this forum.  We quit nicotine.  Until you quit, stay on the sidelines.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 08:38:01 PM »
So Dawg,

I'm not sure if your "sneaking a dip" is one with nicotine or fake.  Which is it?  You plopped in here to tell your story in the intros a long time ago, and now you are back.  How about stopping in here, joining with your quit brothers in July 2020 and start working together toward being quit.  Everybody here has a story. Some very tragic.  Read Traumas intro and you will see one example.  But being quit an having support can help get you through anything.  Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

KTC is the place for you to quit.  You can do it with us. One day at a time.

CJ
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 07:56:34 PM »
Hello, I have somewhat of a story I want to tell. I quit dipping in October of 2015. I was really happy. Dec.17 2017 gets here and I am told I need to rush to the hospital that my brother who I was really close to was in the emergency room and non responsive. I get there and he has died 36 years old massive heart attack he will be forever young. So this passes and I do good no dips but it stressed me enough to think about it but I never did act. So October 2018 gets here my father in law passes away great guy Vietnam vet Purple Heart ended up with Parkinson’s from getting sprayed with agent orange over there. So this is where my threshold breaks I go get a can of Copenhagen long cut and plop on in. I failed myself I failed my family and here it is 2020 and I’m going through the whole quitting process again. Am I alone in this? Does this happen to any of you? I could kick myself for throwing away 3 years of no tobacco just hoping I can get back to where I was dip free!!!!

I also have been using baccoff products for the last couple of weeks they seem to help but occasionally I’ll sneak a dip in which I feel horrible about after doing it . Thank you for reading my struggle hope to be on the right track real soon

So what day are you on here again today?
Your most recent quit is still intact, yes?
Sneaking a dip of fake? If so, thare is no shame in using whatever it takes to stay quit.
@DAWGS79
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline DAWGS79

• Quit Date: 2015-10-29
  • Likes Given: 0
Quitting
« on: April 02, 2020, 01:08:55 PM »
Hello, I have somewhat of a story I want to tell. I quit dipping in October of 2015. I was really happy. Dec.17 2017 gets here and I am told I need to rush to the hospital that my brother who I was really close to was in the emergency room and non responsive. I get there and he has died 36 years old massive heart attack he will be forever young. So this passes and I do good no dips but it stressed me enough to think about it but I never did act. So October 2018 gets here my father in law passes away great guy Vietnam vet Purple Heart ended up with Parkinson’s from getting sprayed with agent orange over there. So this is where my threshold breaks I go get a can of Copenhagen long cut and plop on in. I failed myself I failed my family and here it is 2020 and I’m going through the whole quitting process again. Am I alone in this? Does this happen to any of you? I could kick myself for throwing away 3 years of no tobacco just hoping I can get back to where I was dip free!!!!

I also have been using baccoff products for the last couple of weeks they seem to help but occasionally I’ll sneak a dip in which I feel horrible about after doing it . Thank you for reading my struggle hope to be on the right track real soon