Author Topic: Time for a new chapter  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Evillen

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 04/13/2018
  • Likes Given: 39
Re: Time for a new chapter
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 09:36:18 AM »
Today, 9-20-2018 is the beginning of a new chapter for me. I've dipped for 11 years. I need this new beginning and praying it isn't to late. With many cold turkey quits in the past long enough to make it through two pregnancies, just to pick it up again. I need need to bury this can for the final time. Helpppppppppppppp please!

Welcome to the party. As others have said make your daily promise. Don't focus on tomorrow, a week, month, etc., Focus on the now, focus on quitting for today, and today only and then do it again tomorrow. Use the resources on KTC. Get involved, start reading, posting sharing your digits getting others digits. The more involved you get the better "toolbox" for quitting you will have. Everyone on KTC is here to support you, but you have to want it. I will be sending my digits via pm. It's weird at first, texting with people you've never met, but it's 100% worth it in the long run. Feel free to ask anything and message me with anything, happy to help and welcome to the best decision of your life.

Offline bg124wpd

• Quitter
  • Nov. Nuthouse '18
  • Quit Date: August 13, 2018
  • Likes Given: 91
Re: Time for a new chapter
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 07:00:54 AM »
Welcome to the quit.  You have come to the right place.  The main thing is to get in here first thing and post roll (WUPP - wake up, piss, post).  Make that promise that you will not use nicotine for that day (ODAAT - one day at a time).  These first days will be hard so turn to this site.  Read, read, and read some more.  You are not alone in this far from the first one to go through it.  There is so much knowledge and support here but you have to want it.  I am sending you my number to your PM. 

Offline Naczar

• Quit Date: 20 September 2018
  • Likes Given: 0
Time for a new chapter
« on: September 20, 2018, 01:31:05 AM »
Today, 9-20-2018 is the beginning of a new chapter for me. I've dipped for 11 years. I need this new beginning and praying it isn't to late. With many cold turkey quits in the past long enough to make it through two pregnancies, just to pick it up again. I need need to bury this can for the final time. Helpppppppppppppp please!