Author Topic: cbird65 to cbird to bird ... either way here's the back story  (Read 61716 times)

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Failed to Intro
« Reply #446 on: January 03, 2015, 12:29:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: soxfnnlansing
Quote from: razd611
11x100. Well done my friend.
Nice 11th floor today!
Luvs me some cbird quit.

Congrats friend
Nice job brother! Thanks for your support EDD! Enjoy the day!

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #445 on: January 03, 2015, 12:10:00 PM »
Nice 11th floor today!
Luvs me some cbird quit.

Congrats friend

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #444 on: January 03, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »
Nice 11th floor today!
You are a stud!!!!!! Congrats
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
« Reply #443 on: January 03, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
Nice 11th floor today!
HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #442 on: January 03, 2015, 11:14:00 AM »
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 212
« Reply #441 on: December 31, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: CBird65
What will you do w your quit today?

I will and have posted my word.
I have interwoven that promise into many rooms.
I will assist if possible.

I will not allow the selfish minded stoppers, who are only looking for an excuse to go back into slavery, discourage or impede my quit.
I will and have posted roll
I have posted roll on at least 15 other pages
I will exchange text messages today with my quit brothers

Above all, I will uphold my promise to me and to this sanctitude that I will not use nicotine in any form for today.

(P.S. I love the fact that a quitter with 1,000 plus days started this topic)
I posted my promise today and spent the last hour posting support in other brothers groups
I too, like by March Brother Steakbomb, will text my quit brothers
If the thought of Nicotine enters my brain I will dismiss it by thinking of all my brothers and sisters fighting the same thing with me.
I will stay free today.
Keep groovin bombs center cut. Thanks for continued badassedness.
^^^^^^And that gentlemen is how one achieves 3 years ODAAT! Congratulations CBird!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #440 on: December 22, 2014, 03:54:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad

I will not allow the selfish minded stoppers, who are only looking for an excuse to go back into slavery, discourage or impede my quit.

Above all, I will uphold my promise to me and to this sanctitude that I will not use nicotine in any form for today.

I posted my promise today and spent the last hour posting support in other brothers groups
I too, like by March Brother Steakbomb, will text my quit brothers
If the thought of Nicotine enters my brain I will dismiss it by thinking of all my brothers and sisters fighting the same thing with me.
I will stay free today.
Keep groovin bombs center cut. Thanks for continued badassedness.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #439 on: December 22, 2014, 12:36:00 PM »

I too, like my March Brother Steakbomb, will text my quit brothers
I will stay free today.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #438 on: December 22, 2014, 08:04:00 AM »

Certified Grade A Badass

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 609
« Reply #437 on: December 22, 2014, 07:19:00 AM »

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
« Reply #436 on: December 19, 2014, 07:09:00 PM »
We all know someone who is/was active service to our country.

Please help me thank them and wish them a A Safe  Merry Christmas
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #435 on: October 03, 2014, 11:39:00 PM »
Hey Cbird.

Just a quick note of appreciation to you.....for helping me save my life.

Just wanted you to know this as you chill on your porch.

Retirement looks good on you!

I quit with Cbird today!

Ginet
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #434 on: October 03, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »
There's some weakassery quit stoppages go on around here 'bang head'.
Quitting an addiction is a daily event and we do it every damn day. No matter what your day count is if you aren't gearing for up for a battle you are surrendering your fight against a drug that will put you in the ground w/o blinking an eye.
Secondly, for all you F'n blowhards who think your quit doesn't stink because you're 100% poster .. step off!
I have never subscribed to ball-coddling but your vitriolic rants only take up space here. Big difference between holding someone accountable and running some off. That being said - this is an open site and it is extreme or so SAC UP - take what you need and leave the rest!
Thirdly, if you are actively paying it foward/backward on this site -WHY ARENT YOU???
Well said Cbird. There's construction criticism and then there is assholeism. They think if you're not an asshole then you must be soft. Damn shame because sometimes when these 'internet badasses' (laughable) stop spewing their hate and stop trying to be the 'toughest internet poster' out there- sometimes they actually have some constructive and fluid thoughts. But hey nicotine effects all different types of folks, even the folks that aren't confident enough in themselves to reach a hand out and help when someone has fallen- nah instead they'd rather step on heads and kick people when they are down. Then they pat themselves on the back and look for approval from the other internet thugs. "Wohoo- way to go- you really typed some mean stuff- you're a true internet typing badass- you really showed that guy how much of a big bad internet poster you are. Man you're so cool."

Quit with you all day Cbird.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #433 on: October 03, 2014, 07:16:00 AM »
There's some weakassery quit stoppages go on around here 'bang head'.
Quitting an addiction is a daily event and we do it every damn day. No matter what your day count is if you aren't gearing for up for a battle you are surrendering your fight against a drug that will put you in the ground w/o blinking an eye.
Secondly, for all you F'n blowhards who think your quit doesn't stink because you're 100% poster .. step off!
I have never subscribed to ball-coddling but your vitriolic rants only take up space here. Big difference between holding someone accountable and running some off. That being said - this is an open site and it is extreme or so SAC UP - take what you need and leave the rest!
Thirdly, if you are actively paying it foward/backward on this site -WHY ARENT YOU???
Believe Me

,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #432 on: September 28, 2014, 03:21:00 AM »
Quote from: GDubya
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: D2maine
Quote from: Bigwhitebeast
Quote from: Southpaw32
Quote from: Grizzly25
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: visamoht
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: schaef418
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: spence249
Congrats on Giving the Business to the nic bitch for 1,000 days!!!!
'tough'
whaa? I thought it was tomorrow. I had strippers ready to jump outta a cake. Okay, back in the cake, tarp and BradleyGuy.
You know...when you first came here, I was just a fledgling quitter with a militant attitude about roll call. April 2012 is still one my favorite groups of all times, and you guys are still rocking this shit today. Good for you, and thank you for your leadership style. Fuck the noise. Put your head down and get. it. done.

Every damn day, man.

So fucking proud of you.
[pours some OE] glass house 4ever.
You're The Quitter in my book Cbird!! All them early daze of mine on chat and how you made me laugh just to get through another crave.
I appreciate you being there Bird. The desk drawer is worn out now...LOL. Quitter with the Stones hits milestone 1000!!! Simply Awesome!
Cheers to you. Celebrate. You deserve it.
Be well, be quit, behave.
Incredible! Congratulations on the 10th floor. Well done!
Awesome!
Cbird, you are a total fucking badass quitter. Thanks for your continued contributions to many quits. Congrats on a great milestone!
No one exemplifies edd more than you cbird. A mountain on this site. Congrats to you on a well deserved comma!
Well done CBird! Thanks for all you do. Keep it rolling!
CONGRATS ON 1000.......DAMN THAT'S AWESOME LF!
Congrats on the comma Cbird! Thanks for being a brother.

Truly Badass!
Excellent comma hanging down bro, thanks for all the support you give to everyone on KTC ... you are a huge asset, here and to my quit!
Well done CBird, congrats on your comma!
Awesome brother! Thanks for all the support you've given here. I know my quit would have been quite a bit more difficult if you had not been in my corner and had my back. Cheers bro on this HUGE milestone!
Great stuff CBird! very proud to be quit with you today and everyday!

'BanDog'
Great work cbird!!
Not only is your quit awesome but look around you, I think we have 6 people from April 12 getting their comma's with 100% roll posting, it was 8 people not too long ago but a couple slacked off. You can take some credit for each of those 6.

We still have something like 16 very active posters that will get their comma this month. You have been our den mother making sure everyone is there for breakfast in the morning, well except for Hippy because he stays out late and doesn't get up in the morning anymore. You can take some credit for each of those comma quitters.

You are a rock start cbird, thanks for always being there and for everything you do! 'hit it'
Congratulations cbird, you deserve today.
COMMA...NOTHING ELSE NEEDS TO BE SAID!
Our silly avatar bet way back in the day helped me though the fog, I will always remember that about you. Enjoy your comma man!
Oh man! Late to the party but congrats. You certainly get around. In a good way.
What a freakn seriously cool number. Congrats Brotha. Thank you for all your hard work and support. Hope you get to celebrate up big time.
Congrats on a awesome quit. Keep laying out the KTC kool-aid for all of us!