Author Topic: cbird65 to cbird to bird ... either way here's the back story  (Read 56724 times)

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 597
Re: Failed to Intro
« Reply #491 on: August 26, 2016, 03:15:00 PM »
Quote from: Nomore1959
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: B-loMatt
Chip, 17th floor! Awesome work. You have been one of the BAQs leading the way for me for the last 1,186 days, and I just wanted to say thanks, and keep it up :) Newbies give this thread a read to see how it's done...
Congrats Tweets on the 17th floor!
now down and give me 22!!
Congratulations my man! Badass! Keep on feeding us the knowledge!
baddest among the baddest here! keep it up, you own it then rock it! 'oh yeah'
Congrats on 17th floor... you phone call on my day 1 got me going on quit, I'm not alone on that. Thanks!
Feeling the love and so glad to be have to added to the quit.... Guess what it boils down to is taking ownership. Not relying on the emotion of the moment/day to dictate or give me an excuse to finger bang the can. You cannot separate Brotherhood, Accountability and Success....all three must be part or there is none. Pretty sure its an old Chinese proverb Chewie wrote.

Quit on 'oh yeah'
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #490 on: August 26, 2016, 12:58:00 PM »
Chip, 17th floor! Awesome work. You have been one of the BAQs leading the way for me for the last 1,186 days, and I just wanted to say thanks, and keep it up :) Newbies give this thread a read to see how it's done...
Congrats on 17th floor... you phone call on my day 1 got me going on quit, I'm not alone on that. Thanks!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #489 on: August 25, 2016, 06:55:00 PM »
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #488 on: August 25, 2016, 05:35:00 PM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
« Reply #487 on: August 25, 2016, 02:38:00 PM »
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #486 on: August 25, 2016, 02:32:00 PM »

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #485 on: December 31, 2015, 12:07:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
Coming up on 4 yrs of quit and taking stock of that time.

Last year I learned one of our brothers has been quietly battling ALS. I am not sure of the exact date he was diagnosed but know the discovery would have destroyed most quits. His steadfastness and commitment to his quit is one of the truest acts of heroism I have ever seen. I am thankful and honored to call him a brother. He is a husband, father, United States Marine and a member of The Glass House of April ‘12. All I can say is thank you Tst for continuing to raise the bar every day.

The closeness and energy that generates here is life changing. We failed so many solo attempts, but once the blinders of nicotine are removed and we face the addiction we willingly submitted to, then and only then will the battle of one day at a time become achievable. Break out of your shell and embrace everything this site has to offer.
Stay active on the site and continue to foster these 'quit relationships'.

and for this today I AM THANKFUL.
Congrats on your 4 years quit Tweets!!
And happy New year dip free!
My first one for a while.
Thanks for your support.
Congrats on 4 years! Thank you for the example and support.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
« Reply #484 on: December 31, 2015, 11:55:00 AM »
Quote from: CBird65

Last year I learned one of our brothers has been quietly battling ALS. I am not sure of the exact date he was diagnosed but know the discovery would have destroyed most quits. His steadfastness and commitment to his quit is one of the truest acts of heroism I have ever seen. I am thankful and honored to call him a brother. He is a husband, father, United States Marine and a member of The Glass House of April ‘12. All I can say is thank you Tst for continuing to raise the bar every day.

The closeness and energy that generates here is life changing. We failed so many solo attempts, but once the blinders of nicotine are removed and we face the addiction we willingly submitted to, then and only then will the battle of one day at a time become achievable. Break out of your shell and embrace everything this site has to offer.

Congrats on your 4 years quit Tweets!!
And happy New year dip free!
My first one for a while.
Thanks for your support.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
« Reply #483 on: November 26, 2015, 08:20:00 AM »

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #482 on: July 31, 2015, 01:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: CavMan83
WOW..... 1300 days. I am duly impressed, Chip! You, sir, officially rock in my book!

Respectfully,

CavMan83 (at only 414 and counting!! :D )
No one has been more consistent at giving support than you Bird. Thanks for all you do. And congrats on the 13th floor.
Cbird when I grow up I wanna be just like you! 1300 you're a badass quitter! Congratulations!
You the man!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #481 on: July 30, 2015, 07:51:00 AM »
Quote from: Dagranger
WOW..... 1300 days. I am duly impressed, Chip! You, sir, officially rock in my book!

Respectfully,

No one has been more consistent at giving support than you Bird. Thanks for all you do. And congrats on the 13th floor.
Cbird when I grow up I wanna be just like you! 1300 you're a badass quitter! Congratulations!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #480 on: July 30, 2015, 06:16:00 AM »

Respectfully,

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #479 on: July 29, 2015, 09:55:00 PM »

Respectfully,

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #478 on: July 29, 2015, 11:05:00 AM »
Fitting given 'climate' of the world and looking back at the rage roller coaster you are battling, have fought or will be facing

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way." Viktor Frankl

Time to OWN IT
Believe Me

,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #477 on: July 29, 2015, 10:46:00 AM »
Quote from: Raider
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: Pinched
Huge Congrats on the third thirteenth floor, you have been a damn fine quitter to follow and I appreciate every day that you post roll, with everyone on here. True inspiration is not found often today but you sir are one such example. See you tomorrow brother!
Congrats bird, always proud to quit with you! (Fixed P's post).
Congrats Chip on reaching the 13th floor! You are one of those cornerstones of my quit. Cornerstones are solid and not easily moved. I'm sure I'm not the first to think that about you as you have supplied the cornerstones for so many at KTC. Have a great day brother! Quit on!
Bird, congratulations on the 13th Floor! I am proud to quit with you today.
Thank you for all your support. Tweet.
Big congrats to the Sherpa of quit who took me under wing and REALLY helped a lot! Keep it up!
'oh yeah'

Proud of you man
Damn just how old are you? Hehe quit on you badass!
Damn proud to be quit with you.
just seeing these thanks so much !!!
swampsville in birdland lately -- oh and 50 laps around the sun..... half o century dude
Believe Me

,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance