Author Topic: Day 7  (Read 844 times)

Offline DBrown

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-10-01
  • Interests: Tennessee football, Braves baseball, Rasslin' (the older stuff), Quittin'
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 7
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 10:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Bandit
Biggest struggle I am still having is I cannot sleep. I cannot fall asleep and when I do I can't stay asleep for more than a couple of hours. Hoping this too shall pass...
...and it came to pass...

NOT TO STAY!!! B)B

You Shall Overcome
Glorious!!! I wont give in, til I'm Victorious!!!

Quit Today. Forgive Yesterday. Repeat Tomorrow.

?Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!? - Rocky Balboa

Check out what the Nature Boy had to say about KTC: The Best Thing Going Today

Offline Bokie

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-10-27
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, Boston sports, family, sobriety and my quit!HOF Speech =http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/30149366/1/#newWhen we quit nicotine, the addiction does not go away; it merely becomes dormant. Administration of nicotine will summon the addiction back from the dungeon of dormancy and grant it full control of our lives. - Quoted by Frobozz
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 09:20:00 PM »
Biggest struggle I am still having is I cannot sleep. I cannot fall asleep and when I do I can't stay asleep for more than a couple of hours. Hoping this too shall pass...
Soon Mike, you will fall asleep, but then be awoken by your mind starting to wander. At 2am, you will stare at the ceiling wondering why, but then you will log into KTC and read why! These restless nights will pass just as the vets say they will. They went through it, I'm going through it, and together, we will get through it! Just stay quit!
"Pretend I'm not here, and I will surely make my presence known!" - addiction

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 12:53:00 PM »
It takes awhile for the body to rewire, but once it does you'll be amazed at all the things you can do without dip. I was shocked to find my lawnmower can run w/o a dip in!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 11:32:00 AM »
It will pass. Unfortunately it takes time. Hang in there and reach out to anyone on here that is active. Hit your quit group.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline tljent79

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-11-02
  • Interests: Spending time with my family, being outdoors, music, & traveling.
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 07:40:00 AM »
Hi Mike I'm in your quit group a couple days behind. Our entire group is new to this so you aren't alone! Feel free to PM if you need to shoot the breeze through a craving or anything else. For being a bunch of addicts I think we are a pretty damn cool group. We can win this together. Proud to quit with you!
"I'd like to think of myself as the flavor of the decade." - Ron Paul

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 07:32:00 AM »
it will pass man, your body is rewiring its self and trying to regain control after coming off such a strong drug like NIC, It will get easier one day at a time. You are past the 3 day hell and now its easier still hard but easier. You are on roll and that is our daily promise to not use, This place works wonders as long as you are willing to dive in and use it.
9/6/2016

Offline Bandit mike

• Quit Date: 2016-10-30
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 07:17:00 AM »
-bandit mike
"I can do all things because Christ gives me the strength." Philippians 4:13

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 11:03:00 PM »
We post roll here, head to February and join the rest of the Quitters there. It's a long tough road but together growing in a group you all have it.
9/6/2016

Offline Bokie

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-10-27
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, Boston sports, family, sobriety and my quit!HOF Speech =http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/30149366/1/#newWhen we quit nicotine, the addiction does not go away; it merely becomes dormant. Administration of nicotine will summon the addiction back from the dungeon of dormancy and grant it full control of our lives. - Quoted by Frobozz
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 10:53:00 PM »
Hey everyone. New to the site today. Still figuring it all out. Had my last dip 7 days ago. The fog is clearing now. Things are getting better. I have used a lot or jerky chew, sunflower seeds, bacc off pouches, and smokey mountain. Even some lifesavers... I guess I've chewed for 7 or 8 years after smoking for about 10 before that. Anyway if you are just starting it gets better but you have to really want to do it. Not for someone else or because you "need to" ... we all needed to and in my experience that didn't really stop me. I had to decide. I have read a lot on this site today that has helped a bunch. I love the fact there is a community of people here who have each other's back. Thanks everyone for all you are doing to help others...
Welcome! I hope your will is as strong as your words. I have a feeling it is, and would love to see you join the quit club and quit with all of us. Be sure to take roll call, as that will allow you to strengthen that awesome message you wish to share with current and future group members!

Hope to talk with you again,
bokie
"Pretend I'm not here, and I will surely make my presence known!" - addiction

Offline Bandit mike

• Quit Date: 2016-10-30
Day 7
« on: November 05, 2016, 10:44:00 PM »
Hey everyone. New to the site today. Still figuring it all out. Had my last dip 7 days ago. The fog is clearing now. Things are getting better. I have used a lot or jerky chew, sunflower seeds, bacc off pouches, and smokey mountain. Even some lifesavers... I guess I've chewed for 7 or 8 years after smoking for about 10 before that. Anyway if you are just starting it gets better but you have to really want to do it. Not for someone else or because you "need to" ... we all needed to and in my experience that didn't really stop me. I had to decide. I have read a lot on this site today that has helped a bunch. I love the fact there is a community of people here who have each other's back. Thanks everyone for all you are doing to help others...
-bandit mike
"I can do all things because Christ gives me the strength." Philippians 4:13