Author Topic: I am addicted to nicotine, and I Quit Today!  (Read 2441 times)

Offline jforrest1980

• Quit Date: 2014-12-12
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I am addicted to nicotine, and I Quit Today!
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2014, 12:11:00 PM »
Can someone put me on roll please. I am still nicotine free. But unable to post correctly from my phone at work.

Offline chuckmalarkey

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-02
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2014, 10:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Skoal
Quote from: jforrest1980
Thanks for the help everyone. I am surprisingly doing very well today. Right now I feel pretty normal. I did have a slight freak-out at the grocery store though. I was standing at the deli counter and got hit all the sudden with that headache and empty feeling. I debating whether or not to drop my groceries and head home and lay down, then I reached in my pocket for nicotine gum, and remembered I threw the rest out yesterday, and never re-upped after work. Then I contemplated grabbing some nicotine gum off the shelf and eating a piece before checking out. Well, I didn't do any of those things. I focused on my shopping list and powered through it, and felt better after about 5 minutes. It's pretty amazing the things nicotine tells your brain to make your body ingest it.

FYI, this is my weekend to work. Yesterday was not a standard day at work, normally I do not have any time at all to get on the internet in the emergency room. But yesterday I was on psychiatric watch. So if I go MIA till Sunday evening or Monday morning don't give up on me. I am not using nicotine ever again.
An average crave at your stage lasts less than 7 minutes, your tougher than 7 minutes right? In high school I once spent 7 minutes in a closet with an over zealous ham beast. If I could survive that you can handle a few craves.

The head aches are normal. YOur brain is getting more oxygen than your used to. This is a good thing and will pass soon enough. Your on your way just keep climbing.
Hey bud, if you need one of us to post roll for ya, send a text if you can, I'm sure any one of us would be glad to do it! Quit on!

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2014, 09:12:00 PM »
Thanks for the help everyone. I am surprisingly doing very well today. Right now I feel pretty normal. I did have a slight freak-out at the grocery store though. I was standing at the deli counter and got hit all the sudden with that headache and empty feeling. I debating whether or not to drop my groceries and head home and lay down, then I reached in my pocket for nicotine gum, and remembered I threw the rest out yesterday, and never re-upped after work. Then I contemplated grabbing some nicotine gum off the shelf and eating a piece before checking out. Well, I didn't do any of those things. I focused on my shopping list and powered through it, and felt better after about 5 minutes. It's pretty amazing the things nicotine tells your brain to make your body ingest it.

FYI, this is my weekend to work. Yesterday was not a standard day at work, normally I do not have any time at all to get on the internet in the emergency room. But yesterday I was on psychiatric watch. So if I go MIA till Sunday evening or Monday morning don't give up on me. I am not using nicotine ever again.
An average crave at your stage lasts less than 7 minutes, your tougher than 7 minutes right? In high school I once spent 7 minutes in a closet with an over zealous ham beast. If I could survive that you can handle a few craves.

The head aches are normal. YOur brain is getting more oxygen than your used to. This is a good thing and will pass soon enough. Your on your way just keep climbing.
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline jforrest1980

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2014, 04:42:00 PM »

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2014, 03:00:00 PM »
Dude, you're on day 2 and I see that you posted roll. M'man rdad laid the smack down along with a bevy of othe badass quitters. You see what is already happening,...complete strangers are giving you stones in which you can begin to build your quit. Pretty f'n awesome isn't it?

Do yourself a favor, embrace this time. Embrace the suckiness of nicotine withdrawal. Why? Because you're going to promise yourself never to go through it again. When you emerge from the fog and look back at the addict through the eyes of a quitter, freedom and clarity will take over...and man, is that a rush.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline QuitInCA

• Quitter
  • RANT Dec 2014
  • Quit Date: 9/8/2014
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2014, 12:44:00 PM »
Jeremy, congratulations on the best decision of your life. Glad you came around and joined the cold turkey crew. The next week or so is going to be one of the hardest things ever, but get some phone numbers of some other quitters in your group. If you want mine, send me a PM (private message) and I'll hold you accountable. You only get one chance to to have 100% status on your daily posting, do not miss a day, you can never get it back. We have seen it many times, if you miss days you will cave. You have thousands of quitters ready to help you on your journey. Welcome aboard

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Where you at Jeremy? We are waiting for your roll post and promise today.
I'm here. I work 11-1130, so I tend to stay up late. I slept in extra today to hopefully skin some withdraw. Today is going to be a long day, but I will head over as soon as I get on my computer.
Good to know Jeremy. Will look for you on roll. And...I am going to quit my ass off with you today.
PS. Being able to sleep in the beginning is a blessing!

Offline jforrest1980

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2014, 12:02:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
I'm here. I work 11-1130, so I tend to stay up late. I slept in extra today to hopefully skin some withdraw. Today is going to be a long day, but I will head over as soon as I get on my computer.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2014, 11:57:00 AM »

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 10:04:00 PM »
Smart move dude. We are with you. Post roll early tomorrow. Commit, follow thru. You've got this man

Offline lighty7

• Quitter
  • Interests: UGA Football
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 07:49:00 PM »
Quote from: NoMoreCopeBlack
Looks like you decided not to be a pussy anymore. Here is your free bonus prize - a dip quit!
LOL, that's exactly what i said to myself. EXACTLY. Time to man up and quit being a little bitch. I can handle the withdraw. I will survive. And my wallet will be fatter, and my teeth in tact.
Jeremy,

This is awesome. When I read your intro I knew you would get jumped on from every angle. It's tough love here, but it's coming from people who have been EXACTLY where you are. Looks like you can see that immediately which is HUGE. I got called out in my intro as well and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It made me stronger and reinforced that the true enemy in nicotine, not the guys taking time out of their day to respond to a stranger on a web forum.

There is a powerful brotherhood here for you if you take advantage of it and follow the program. Freedom from nicotine is a beautiful thing!

Lighty

Offline jforrest1980

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »
Quote from: NoMoreCopeBlack
Looks like you decided not to be a pussy anymore. Here is your free bonus prize - a dip quit!
LOL, that's exactly what i said to myself. EXACTLY. Time to man up and quit being a little bitch. I can handle the withdraw. I will survive. And my wallet will be fatter, and my teeth in tact.

Offline NoMoreCopeBlack

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »
sorry mod please delete.
We don't delete here, we combine. It may sound dumb right now, but we try not to edit or delete anything here. This addiction is ugly, and we want everyone to see what it takes to kick it.

I did edit your header though. 'winker'
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline chuckmalarkey

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-02
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »
Jeremy- welcome aboard and congrats on the best decision you'll make! Check your inbox.