Author Topic: I am addicted to nicotine, and I Quit Today!  (Read 2440 times)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: I am addicted to nicotine, and I Quit Today!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 02:14:00 PM »
Dude... there is so much weakness in your post. Yeah, its scary. Yeah, it will not be fun. That's the price of freedom though. It can be done. You need to stop letting a chemical be your master.

Now. Do it now.
To an addict... Tomorrow always breeds another tomorrow. Besides, how do you know that the shit you put in your lip as your "last one" isn't the one that tips the balance? Turning heathy into cancerous. Stop playing roulette... How many more chances are you gonna take?

Do this now. With us.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 02:12:00 PM »
Flush it, post roll and promise to not use nicotine.
Read everything on this site, we have all been there before, you story is like a hundred other quitters.

Offline OSAGE

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 02:06:00 PM »
Jeremy,

Flush that down and quit right now and go post day 1 and start reading. This is all or nothing and probably one of the best decisions you will make in your lifetime.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
Well Jeremy,
Others will follow me but this is a cold turkery, balls to the wall quit site. No nicotine in any form. Including gum. Just throw it all away now and in 3 days the physical withdrawals will be over. Join us. There are thousands here waiting to support you but first you have to just dive in clean. You can do this. We all did and we are no smarter or stronger than you. Are you ready? Do it NOW.

Offline jforrest1980

• Quit Date: 2014-12-12
  • Likes Given: 0
I am addicted to nicotine, and I Quit Today!
« on: December 11, 2014, 01:54:00 PM »
Hi everyone. My name is Jeremy Forrest and I am addicted to nicotine. It started when I was 16 years old. I am 34 now. I still remember my first cigarette. It seems like a very long time ago. I quit smoking 3 years ago when my employer gave a discount to non-smokers, and banned smoking on campus. Needless to say I didn't quit nicotine. I tried E-Cigarettes, and they worked great. I soon after quit the e-cigs and it was so much easier than quitting cigarettes. I went into remission about 2.5 years ago, it started with e-cigs, and then I got scared because they were leaving green residue in the chamber. Which I thought was battery acid residue. So I switched over to dip, because my lungs couldn't handle it.

It is safe to say now I am pretty addicted to dip. Grizzy Wintergreen pouches to be exact. I "double dip", 2 at once because one is just so small. I go through approx 0.5-1 can per day. When I can't dip I chew nicotine gum. Which is normally 3 days a week at work while doing 12 hour shifts. I have completely hidden my addiction from everyone I know. I never told my parents or brothers I started dipping after quitting smoking. I never told my girlfriend either. I have no plans on telling anyone at this time. I feel like I need to do this on my own with support from others who have been through this. This is soething I need to do for myself and I just need to hear the things I experience the next few weeks are normal.

I have been slowly tapering down to a dip in the morning, and 4 X 2mg pieces of nicotine gum at work, and 2 dips after work. I finished my final exams at school Tuesday, and worked 11 to 11pm yesterday and today. Tomorrow is my first day off, and I am so done with dipping. I ordered a weight bench to keep me busy, and plan on smashing water all day. I am so sick of feeling new things in my mouth and worrying I have cancer. In a way it infuriates me that I have let things get to this point.

Tonight is the night I take my last dip, and throw away my can for good. And tomorrow morning is the first day I go as long as humanly possible before putting in a piece of nicotine gum. I plan on waking up everyday and going longer everyday without a piece of gum until I can power through a day without it. My ultimate nicotine free day is one week from my taper off date.

In a way i feel fortunate even though dip is more addictive that I am coming off dip rather than cigarettes. I have only been a dipper for a few years and do not feel a strong metal connection with it like I do with smoking. I don't ever see myself after quitting thinking about a dip. I will be thinking about a cigarette. But I do know it is very tough to quit. The withdraw is brutal. I get the worst sinus headache, trouble walking, nausea, and hot flashes. I never experienced hot flashes quitting smoking, and this is the main reason I decided to taper off instead of cold turkey. That and because there is never a good time to quit where I have a bunch of days off work in a row to be miserable.

Anyway, this turned into a short novel. It's time to stop talking the talk, and walk the walk while I can.