Author Topic: I've had it with chew.  (Read 725 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: I've had it with chew.
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 10:43:00 AM »
Quote from: CavMan83
Quote from: Thumblewort
44 and dumb here, chewed for 17 years. You are much smarter then me!
53 and Massively dumb (damn near four decades of Copenhagen addiction). Now 55 and TWO YEARS smarter!! Only wish I had had the common sense to stop when I was 20.... Work this quit....you'll be glad you did.
Day 3!

After 3 days the nicotine is out of your body. The physical symptoms are past - but the mental part sticks with ya. Your brain will reprogram as it gets accustomed to the new you. You can do this dude. One day at a time you can beat this like a boss.

Worktowin
Aka 43 and dumb

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 09:13:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
53 and Massively dumb (damn near four decades of Copenhagen addiction). Now 55 and TWO YEARS smarter!! Only wish I had had the common sense to stop when I was 20.... Work this quit....you'll be glad you did.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 11:01:00 AM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline sooverit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 10:32:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
45 and dumb
52 and dumb
47 and dumb

You are one of the smartest people on here. I'd do anything to have had your wisdom, dude. Savor this decision.
36 and really dumb, right here.

And ditto on being so ahead of the game and recognizing and battling your addiction at 20yo. I had my head up my @ss till I was 30, personally. I started dipping at 24, and I'm still battling it at 36. Handle your sh!t now and save older-you the misery. Five years will become 15 overnight and you'll be sooooooooo pissed at yourself. It's such a bitch to be so pissed at yourself every damn day, for years. Quit now and stay quit, and I quit with you. Welcome to the group. Lots of helpful and supportive people on here.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 10:00:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: 20_and_dumb
Today is the day I take my life back, before it becomes a life long habit.
^^^ This... has already happened.

And... it's much worse than a habit.

It's an addiction.

In order to really commit to this you absolutely have to understand and accept the fact that you're an addict. Nicotine is some nasty shit, man. Nasty. I'm stoked that at your age you've come to thie realization that you want to be free. You'll find a lot of us that dipped for longer than you've been alive! So... welcome to freedom young bro. Get involved here and... stay involved. You won't regret it.
Most of us on here could have names like...

45 and dumb
52 and dumb
47 and dumb

You are one of the smartest people on here. I'd do anything to have had your wisdom, dude. Savor this decision.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 09:21:00 AM »
Quote from: 20_and_dumb
Today is the day I take my life back, before it becomes a life long habit.
^^^ This... has already happened.

And... it's much worse than a habit.

It's an addiction.

In order to really commit to this you absolutely have to understand and accept the fact that you're an addict. Nicotine is some nasty shit, man. Nasty. I'm stoked that at your age you've come to thie realization that you want to be free. You'll find a lot of us that dipped for longer than you've been alive! So... welcome to freedom young bro. Get involved here and... stay involved. You won't regret it.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 05:11:00 AM »
Great advice above. Nothing dumb about quit at 20! I started then, and took 35 years to quit -- that is dumb!

Just know that you can quit one day, one hour, one minute -- own it and free yourself.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 12:29:00 AM »
Your posted Roll. That's great. My advice:

Keep posting Roll. Every damn day. Before you leave the house for the day.

Recognize Roll for what it is - your solemn promise to not use nicotine in any form for the entirety of the day on which you made the promise.

Keep your word.

Get digits from your brothers in quit. Use them if you are tempted to break your word. My digits are a PM away.

Read on this site a lot, especially when you need to distract yourself during a crave.

Recognize 100 days for what it is - a milestone that deserves a celebration, but not the end of the road. Your quit is still delicate after 100 days. You'll need this site just as much during your second 100 days as you did your first.

Stay quit. No matter what. Do not cave. Don't give in. Ever.

Offline 20_and_dumb

• Quit Date: 2019-01-01
  • Likes Given: 0
I've had it with chew.
« on: June 16, 2016, 11:05:00 PM »
I've been chewing since 15 and I just turned 20. I have told myself I need to quit a million times and have browsed this website quite a lot actually. Today is the day I take my life back, before it becomes a life long habit. I pledge to quit. Any advice would be great, see you at roll call tomorrow morning.