Author Topic: Hi Fellas  (Read 1035 times)

Offline cdmavs41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Dallas Mavericks/Cowboys, Ohio State, boxing, being outside, beer
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hi Fellas
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 09:52:00 AM »
Quote from: Chupathingy
Went to do some predator calling this morning, felt odd to be on stand without a pinch, not uncomfortable, just odd.

I have tried to quit several times in the past, one time even lasted 6 months, but they were all torturous. Is it unusual that this time has been "relatively" easy? Don't misunderstand what I'm saying, I have certainly had my tough "moments", but I don't think about it ALL day like I have in the past. Like after I eat, I'll find myself reaching for back pocket(ofcourse it's empty) and I remember "Oh yeah, I don't do that anymore" and the "Craving" is gone. I'm not even sure I can call it a craving, more like a habit. Infact, I find myself "Craving" sunflower seeds now. I'm not saying that I'm not an addict, I most definately am, it's just that SOMETHING is different this time.

Chupa
I know that feeling. I had quit twice, about 2 months each time before this time. Those were awful just like you mentioned. One I basically became a shut in recluse, and the other I used Chantix which sucked. This time has certainly had its ups and downs, but they're not the end of the world. It's the embrace of the suck like Skoal Monster said that makes the difference. Instead of viewing the craves as torture, you're viewing them as stepping stones to a whole new life. That's a lot easier to handle. Sounds like you've got the right mindset this time. Make sure you don't get complacent though. The craves that Kana told you about will come. When they do, just ride them out like a storm and wait for the sun to come back out again.
Mr. Skoal, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »
Quote from: Skoal
Quote from: Diesel2112
Went to do some predator calling this morning, felt odd to be on stand without a pinch, not uncomfortable, just odd.

I have tried to quit several times in the past, one time even lasted 6 months, but they were all torturous. Is it unusual that this time has been "relatively" easy? Don't misunderstand what I'm saying, I have certainly had my tough "moments", but I don't think about it ALL day like I have in the past. Like after I eat, I'll find myself reaching for back pocket(ofcourse it's empty) and I remember "Oh yeah, I don't do that anymore" and the "Craving" is gone. I'm not even sure I can call it a craving, more like a habit. Infact, I find myself "Craving" sunflower seeds now. I'm not saying that I'm not an addict, I most definately am, it's just that SOMETHING is different this time.

Chupa
Sounds to me you really want to quit. At the beginning I wasn't sure I wanted to and used pure will power to remain quit...it was torture.

Once I realized I really did want to quit and that I knew I could, things got much easier as I wasn't FORCING myself to do anything.

Perhaps this is happening with you? Regardless, keep up the good work!
Your embracing the suck, nice job.
I had previously stopped using for 8 months, I was using nic gum off and on so it didn't really count anyway. that was then. now I AM quit, 155 or so days.
I felt the same as you with my quit. In the beginning I cruised along for awhile no cravings whatsoever. It felt easy, but eventually the funks WILL come. They visit people at different times but they do visit everybody. Not trying to bring anything down, just passing on the knowledge that was given me. Be prepared for a visit, have #'s, keep posting, keep your word. Reach out when the time comes. freedom is around the corner, and she's beautiful...
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 08:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112

Chupa
Sounds to me you really want to quit. At the beginning I wasn't sure I wanted to and used pure will power to remain quit...it was torture.

Once I realized I really did want to quit and that I knew I could, things got much easier as I wasn't FORCING myself to do anything.

Your embracing the suck, nice job.
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »

Chupa

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Chupathingy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Predator Hunting
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »

Chupa

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 11/22/12
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 05:38:00 AM »
I think I got my first Roll posted.

Chupa
Welcome to March 2013 quit group Chupa! Yes, you did get roll posted

This might help with roll tomorrow: Posting roll video

Everyone is asked to post roll daily as early as possible. It is the promise we make each and everyday not to use tobacco that day. So the earlier the better.

Check your inbox, you have mail.
March 2013 - Mad Men of Quit        
Quit date: 11/22/12          
Sobriety Date: 4/10/2006         
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline Chupathingy

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 01:47:00 AM »
I think I got my first Roll posted.

Chupa

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 12:47:00 AM »
I see that you are reading the thoughts of others tonight. Jump in and figure roll out, it can suck but if an old bastard like me can figure it out anyone can. I will promise you several things: the worst is behind you, going it alone for the first 16 days and succeeding the future with support will be a lot easier, you have more days that suck still ahead of you and the freedom of being rid of nicotine is very rewarding and worth it. Pm me if I can be of any help.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 11:58:00 PM »
Cool Chupa - welcome aboard. Welcome to our family...

Key thing here... Post roll. Go post roll. Like now. Like RIGHT NOW. Your post shows 2:13pm on my machine. It's the only post you have. Go post roll. Before you reply to me saying "relax dude, jeez..." go post roll. Once you post roll I will relax. Go post roll. I understand this is all new. I understand you're in a fog. But go post roll. It is the most important thing you can do here. Instructions are in the sticky post from WastePanel in the Intro section. Can't miss 'em if you want to read 'em.

It is your PROMISE. it is you WORD. It is your COMMITTMENT. You should go and post roll now, then come back here and you can, if you like, tell me I'm an asshole and should relax a wee bit. But first, go post roll.

Glad to have you here.
The love you get here is conditional. The condition is that you are quit.

"Every time you bump someone and dont fix it, a kitten dies" - Jost2Brown

Offline flash

• Proverbs 1:7
  • Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
  • Quit Date: June 17, 2009
  • Interests: All sports, reading, movies, music. I like poetry, taking long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
  • Likes Given: 358
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 07:20:00 PM »
Welcome to the site, dude. Don't hesitate to reach out for help, questions, etc. If your quit date is 12/19, you should be posting roll with the March 2013 group. Go introduce yourself.
"The second you stop and believe your own hype, you've lost."
   - Mark Owen, Navy Seal & Author: No Easy Day

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »
Just joined today and am learning all the jargon used here. I actually quit on 12/19/12 but just found this site today. Looking forward to talking to some of you guys.

Chupa
Welcome to your freedom from slavery to nicotine Chupa.
Are you posting roll? Click on the pink Welcome Center link on the banner. Read, read and read some more. Post roll every day with your promise not to use. Reach out and get to know your quit group.
You can do this! PM me if I can help you!
I'll quit with you today!
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline hokiehi

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 03:26:00 PM »
Welcome to the site, fellow quitter! I'm 4 days in at this point and loving every minute of the agony and pain. Serves as a reminder of what I don't want to go through again.

Offline Chupathingy

• Quitter
Hi Fellas
« on: January 04, 2013, 03:13:00 PM »
Just joined today and am learning all the jargon used here. I actually quit on 12/19/12 but just found this site today. Looking forward to talking to some of you guys.

Chupa