Author Topic: 84 hours  (Read 934 times)

Offline Rtp1990

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-02-26
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 84 hours
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 09:01:00 PM »
Day 10
To be visited later
MY INTRO

Good things take time to happen, Bad things happen fast

Offline mike2017a

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-5-2017
  • Interests: Chicago sports, college football and basketball, quitting
  • Likes Given: 139
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 03:00:00 PM »
You are making the right decision. Keep at quitting one day or one hour at a time, whatever you need to do. You are doing great. Keep stacking days and things will start clearing up a bit and getting better I promise. Reach out if you need support. I am proud to quit with you today.

Offline Rtp1990

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 12:56:00 PM »
Tonight at 730 central time will mark 216 hours until I pulled that last chew out of my cheek. ItÂ’s been a rough 216 hours to say the least. My comfort zone has been broken and my wits severely tested. As I sit waiting to get loaded IÂ’m reflecting how comfortable chew made me. Comfortable in the sense that it calmed me down, took my stress away and made me a different person.

IÂ’m having to learn how to handle all of these things without the Nic Bitch. It has been a constant struggle over the last nine days, but I know that it will get easier. I just have to crest the point to where nicotine no longer affects me. I know that in the future, as a former addict, I will still face these struggles. I hope that someday in the future I will be able to look back and realize that these challenges were nothing compared to the outcome of continuing to be an addict, and that I made the right decision at the right time in my life.
MY INTRO

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 07:52:00 AM »
Very pleased to you see you're still here and posting regularly. A week is a serious accomplishment. I don't mean to sound cliche' but it does get better.
The weight of it all does abate. The cravings subside into afterthoughts or minor itches. Really. It does.
PTBQWYT
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Rtp1990

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 07:31:00 AM »
Day 8:
ItÂ’s been a heck of a first week. Many different emotions and mood swings have crossed paths with me. I crave it more now than I did when I actually chewed, but IÂ’m stronger than the nic bitch. 'Finger'

I canÂ’t wait until the fog lifts and clears out. ItÂ’s a battle with the fog and just being able to function on a daily basis. I didnÂ’t think the fog was this powerful, I should have not tried to talk myself down about how bad it would really be. What thatÂ’s doing is causing a strength and hatred for starting again. I I donÂ’t know if I would ever want to go through this again. 'bangin'

My wife has been more than supportive and understanding of this quit. SheÂ’s been with me during all of my other quilts but she actually shows interest in helping me quit this time around. IÂ’m thinking itÂ’s because IÂ’m more serious this time.
MY INTRO

Offline Rtp1990

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 07:51:00 PM »
As I sit here reflecting on the past week, IÂ’ve realized some of the stupid shit that I used to do for a chew. Whether it was to have a dip or to get a can, IÂ’m actually ashamed of what IÂ’d do for a chew.

One of my first jobs was as a cashier at a gas station from 15 until I was 19. I was much to young to buy my own chew when I first started and I didn’t have anyone to buy it for me. I vividly remember grabbing cans and ringing them up as “candy” so that I could get chew without trying to find someone to buy it for me. I then progressed to buying multiple different cans and trying everything.

After I became legal to purchase it myself I was “finding reasons” to go on drives, make trips to the store, go see friends, check on hunting spots etc... and the list goes on. I actually even dropped my cell phone in a coffee cup that acted as my spit cup and was over half full. I should have stopped there.

I can’t even count the miles driven and time wasted just to get that next “nice fix”. I’m so glad to have taken the steps to put that all behind me.
MY INTRO

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 05:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: JGromo
Quote from: Rtp1990
Quote from: Eric71
Quote from: Athan
84 hours.

I’ve been chew free for 84 hours now. It’s been a long 84 hours, even the sleeping hours have been a battle. I’ve never battled staying awake in the afternoon and early evening, but I am certain always having a chew in made that difference and gave me the “energy” to keep it going. I’ve quit before, but there wasn’t any accountability behind it. I only answered to myself, and I wasn’t afraid to let myself down for some odd lack of personal respect reason.

But 84 hours ago I made a decision when I stumbled on this site and made a commitment by signing up. ItÂ’s been a rough 84 hours. IÂ’ve contemplated buying another can just for 1 last dip. But itÂ’s never 1 more can, itÂ’s years and years of saying I need to quit and countless cans bought and the constant internal shame that I couldnÂ’t even keep myself honest. I have a new found sense of self respect this time around, something that IÂ’m going to commit to upholding and raising the bar every day so that I never loose sight of the true prize.

Thank you for the advice, not directly but by sharing your stories you provide advice and tactics to beating the addiction.

Until next time.
few things ring out committment like a brother counting his quit in hours. Our brother Laxdaddy in April started out that way and he's solid now. Pleased to see your committment!
Get contacts in your group and use them.
Post roll, early, EDD!
Get in and read through these introductions. They are the life stories of success and failure. Learn from others' mistakes. Welcome to the mind fuck portion of your quit. Stay close, stay vigilant, get some contact numbers and win each moment.
Today has been the worst mind fuck yet and IÂ’m only 4 hours into my day. My mind keeps playing tricks on me. I have crazy cravings today and super standoffish with people. Although thatÂ’s not me, thatÂ’s my mind playing tricks. I keep trying to sit back and talk myself out of this mood, but itÂ’s terribly hard. My wife even made comments this morning about my mood. IÂ’m concerned because I donÂ’t want to be in this mind set, but the cure seems to be sleep. IÂ’m just going to keep pressing forward and not let the cravings of the beast get me again. IÂ’m stronger than that this time around.
How much does your wife know about the struggle you are going through? You got this brother. The thing that helped me the most because I didn't have or know about this site when I was where you are now was sitting down with my wife and just talking every little detail out. Talking cures so much mental crazyness.
84 hours of winning!
Keep going! One hour and one day at a time.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 11:06:00 AM »
Quote from: JGromo
84 hours.

I’ve been chew free for 84 hours now. It’s been a long 84 hours, even the sleeping hours have been a battle. I’ve never battled staying awake in the afternoon and early evening, but I am certain always having a chew in made that difference and gave me the “energy” to keep it going. I’ve quit before, but there wasn’t any accountability behind it. I only answered to myself, and I wasn’t afraid to let myself down for some odd lack of personal respect reason.

But 84 hours ago I made a decision when I stumbled on this site and made a commitment by signing up. ItÂ’s been a rough 84 hours. IÂ’ve contemplated buying another can just for 1 last dip. But itÂ’s never 1 more can, itÂ’s years and years of saying I need to quit and countless cans bought and the constant internal shame that I couldnÂ’t even keep myself honest. I have a new found sense of self respect this time around, something that IÂ’m going to commit to upholding and raising the bar every day so that I never loose sight of the true prize.

Thank you for the advice, not directly but by sharing your stories you provide advice and tactics to beating the addiction.

Until next time.
few things ring out committment like a brother counting his quit in hours. Our brother Laxdaddy in April started out that way and he's solid now. Pleased to see your committment!
Post roll, early, EDD!
Get in and read through these introductions. They are the life stories of success and failure. Learn from others' mistakes. Welcome to the mind fuck portion of your quit. Stay close, stay vigilant, get some contact numbers and win each moment.
Today has been the worst mind fuck yet and IÂ’m only 4 hours into my day. My mind keeps playing tricks on me. I have crazy cravings today and super standoffish with people. Although thatÂ’s not me, thatÂ’s my mind playing tricks. I keep trying to sit back and talk myself out of this mood, but itÂ’s terribly hard. My wife even made comments this morning about my mood. IÂ’m concerned because I donÂ’t want to be in this mind set, but the cure seems to be sleep. IÂ’m just going to keep pressing forward and not let the cravings of the beast get me again. IÂ’m stronger than that this time around.
How much does your wife know about the struggle you are going through? You got this brother. The thing that helped me the most because I didn't have or know about this site when I was where you are now was sitting down with my wife and just talking every little detail out. Talking cures so much mental crazyness.
84 hours of winning!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Gromo

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-01-16
  • Interests: I'm James I like Football, Baseball, Rock Concerts, Fixing up my house/yard, Hunting, Drinking high quality whiskey and wine, writing and of course spending time with my wife.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 10:50:00 AM »
84 hours.

Until next time.
Post roll, early, EDD!

Offline Rtp1990

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 10:32:00 AM »
84 hours.

Until next time.
Post roll, early, EDD!
MY INTRO

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 06:18:00 AM »
84 hours.

Until next time.
Post roll, early, EDD!

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 05:17:00 PM »
84 hours.

Until next time.
Post roll, early, EDD!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 03:22:00 PM »
I have a great deal of respect for truck drivers. I do very little driving in comparison, but early in my quit, I found it hardest to not dip when I was driving.

There's no secret, or magic formula to keeping quit. Just refuse to cave.

I'll walk that back a little, there is a secret and a magic formula. The secret is KTC, and the magic formula is posting roll daily, make a promise to not use nicotine in any form, and keep your promise.

But, when It's just you by yourself on the road, it's you that has to remember your promise, remember all the reasons you quit, remember all the misery of slavery, and refuse to cave.

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 574
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:53:00 PM »
Congratulations on making it to Day 4, that poison is out of your body. Now comes the fun part, dealing with the tricks and mind games nicotine will throw at ya. Your group of people that are just starting out like you, is HERE ---- click it.

Post your promise to not use chew, cigarettes, cigars, anything that contains nicotine for the day. Respect each other's promise and they will count on you to keep yours.

Every day, keep your word. Every day, post roll.

You can do this!
To remain quit requires focus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Rtp1990

• Quitter
84 hours
« on: March 01, 2018, 02:07:00 PM »
(Edited 9 days in)
I finally took some time to sit down on my actual computer and read through some stuff here. I've been posting mostly from my phone over the last 9 days and its not as easy to navigate on a phone.

Anyways here is a little back history of how I got to KTC.

It all started when I was 16. My good friend and I had spent all summer saving up to buy our very own portable ice fishing house. We made that big purchase in December 2006 and we drove to the nearest lake to start fishing. When we were finally set up and had some lines in the water, my buddy casually pulled out a can of chew and tossed a big ol dip in his lip, skoal citrus to be exact. He asked me if I wanted one and I declined, but my mind was racing. My entire life up unto this point I vowed never to smoke, drink, or chew. I grew up watching my dad chew and drink his sorrows away every night and I was bound and determined to never follow in his foot steps. But something about chew intrigued me. It was almost as if you didn't become a man unless you chewed. I thought long and hard over it and what I would do if my buddy offered me chew another time. We went out fishing the very next day and the same thing happened, almost as if you hit rewind, but I accepted the offer this time around. I was hooked instantly purely on the fact of how it made me feel.
I dipped randomly, and a can would last me a week or more for the first 6 months. Summer of 2007 is when I became a full blown addict and did whatever it took to get a nic fix. I ran around the whole summer with a chew in my lip, except when I was working. I turned 17 right at the end of summer and into my junior year of high school. I dipped everyday in class gutting everything and sometimes drinking 3-4 bottles of juice and water in the matter of a 90 minute class. I got caught once and had to hand my can over to the teacher (i should have learned my lesson here) but went right out and got another can after school that day. I spent the rest of my high school days running around hiding my dip from everyone. Kind of what I would do in the future.
Fast forward to 2013 when I found out my grandpa was diagnosed with cancer. I quit that day because I knew it was a real threat that I may end up with cancer some day and the odds were stacked against me. I stayed quit for a couple months but fell right back to it, mostly because I was working 3rd shift and it was something that kept me awake and moving through the shift. When my grandpa passed away in early 2014, I was bound and determined to quit again, with no success. Summer of 2014 is when I met my now wife. She never minded it at first but would occasionally make comments about it. I quit in the spring of 2015, again, and I made it a solid 4 months before I caved. Mostly because of dealing with some very personal family issues, it helped relieve the stress that I was dealing with. 2017 rolled around and we were 8 months out from our January 2018 wedding. My wife begged me to stop, so I "quit". I became a ninja dipper, always making sure I didn't have one in when she was around, leaving my cans in the truck so she wouldn't find them, etc..., but she caught on after 2 months of this. I really let her down, but more importantly that's when I realized that I was a legit addict. I wanted to quit, but dip made the stress of grinding out 3 months of working 75-80 hours a week much easier. We paid for our wedding in cash and walked away debt free, but I walked away with an even stronger addiction.

Sunday February 25th, 2018 is when I finally had enough. My buddy and I had been talking about doing an elk hunting trip out west, but I kept putting off the excuse that it was expensive. He said if you quit chewing now, you could have the trip paid for in a little of 4 months. And that's when I finally had enough. I had enough of making excuses as to why I couldn't do things because I was low on cash. I was never low on cash, I just completely wasted 8 bucks a day for the last 4 years BUYING CANCER! Roughly $11,680 in the last 4 years alone was spent on chew. That's about 9 years of elk hunting trips paid in full, that's a decent down payment on a house, that's a lot of things. That's when I had enough.

84 hours.

Until next time.
MY INTRO